Ever So Slowly, Work Proceeds on Majesty

Ever So Slowly, Work Proceeds on Majesty

There are 8 comments on the The Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 13, 2006, titled Ever So Slowly, Work Proceeds on Majesty. In it, The Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Major construction is under way on the slow-moving Majesty Building, with work beginning on two wings of a five-story 1,000-car parking garage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orlando Sentinel.

Suzanne Billingham

Toronto, Canada

#1 Feb 11, 2007
I would like to quote verses 28-30 of the the Gospel of Luke that I wonder whether Claud Bowers has ever read...For which of you intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it--lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, "This man began to build and was not able to finish?" These are the words of our Lord, Jesus to a great multitude and his disciples. My comment about the tower that Mr. Bowers has not been able to finish in all these years does not reflect our God. If Mr. Bowers was in God's will it would be done and it would be beautiful. It is neither.
John AOCJM

Leesburg, FL

#2 Apr 2, 2007
Obviously this building is NOT in the will of GOD. Otherwise it would have been finished years ago. CHRIST will return before this building is finished at this rate. Do they even know how lucky they were that no huricanes came through last year. Nothing has been done in about 2 years since they put on the glass. Then they changed to their digital transmitions & got dropped by TBN. They won't be so lucky this year though... A hollow building with all the glass on it might just explode glass everywhere in a huricane or tornado. I once heard a prophet was sent to then that they rejected, could this be why they only got half way to fullfill CHRIST's words..... I wonder !!!
US_Solider

Groveland, FL

#3 Jan 25, 2009
Claude Barrows has a thrust for money. As far as I'm concerned, he is a very greedy man.

Money is his God. The God of money. However, we came into this world with NOTHING and we are leaving with nothing.

Either he is mentally ill or lives for the "love of money."

I'm sure if he read what I wrote, he would have a billion justifications pertaning to what he is doing.

"JOHN 14:2. In My Father's house are many mansions ..." This world is not God's house!!!!!!
Herring

Pinola, MS

#4 Feb 20, 2009
I'am so proud of Mr. Bowers for hanging in there and knowing that it will be complete in Gods timing
Andrew Lerner

Apopka, FL

#5 May 15, 2010
The primary reasons the structure is a hideous nuisance, is there are no other buildings visible for miles, and it has been an offensive mess since 2000! For most of my life, I have not been a critic of style. There must be pathetic zoning laws to allow such a monstrosity. Is there someway the public can demand its destruction? This is an idol, that is worshiped as "Majesty" by Christians. They seem to exploit the poor people's money for publicity. This egotistical, vain, audacious corporate cult, forces obnoxious self promotion in everyone's faces. The premise of building this by begging for charity, is disgusting. Typical views I have seen on the Web and on my Face-book Page are shown below this following article.

The Mistake by the Lake - Will the Majesty Building Ever Be Completed? Published November 07, 2008 by Megan Fletcher

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1151...

That strange looking thing on I-4 in Altamonte Springs? I think it is called the "Super Channel" something. Since I've been here, I've not seen any building going on and have noticed some broken windows in the past week. It's nasty when the sun hits it and blinds you! Did someone start something they can't finish? Does anyone think they will finish the building? I think I've seen a few broken windows. No activity at all. What a bloody waste.:( It is still ugly. Wonder what will ever happen? Ah funny, I went passed it on Saturday, first time I'd been that way in ages and I was like "dam they still have't finished building that thing!!" and drove by that stupid thing again. What an eyesore! CH, that thing is commonly called "the I4 Eyesore" on a local radio station. I have to pass it everyday. Yuck! If the donors could see it now, they'd take back their donations! That thing is just so ugly! ER, yeah, that is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I never see any construction going on and folks are breaking windows now. Did they run out of money? You mean that thing north of Altamonte Springs that has a big 1/4 circle or arc as a roof? That is an architectural monstrosity.' Back in Florida and drove by that stupid thing again. What an eyesore!

From Luke Chapter 14... Jesus is speaking:
28)'When any of you wants to build a high house, you sit down first and see how much it will cost. You want to see if you have enough money to finish it. 29) If you do not have enough money, you will not be able to finish it after you have made the foundation. Then all the people who see it will laugh at you. 30) They will say, "This man started to build a house and could not finish it."

David Danger McIntosh: It looks like a giant pair of electric clippers to me. Like the kind you buzz hair with. Every day I saw that thing I couldn't help but imagining it being used by some large religious robot to shave the sins of Altamonte Springs away. Rachael Sibley: that thing is awful. Robin Axelrod Matheson It looks like a giant air vent.
preteristaynrand

United States

#6 Dec 30, 2010
I'm posting this on Dec. 30, 2010. That building is still unfinished. God is not involved with this project. God's children do not beg for money.
preteristaynrand

United States

#7 Dec 30, 2010
Suzanne Billingham wrote:
I would like to quote verses 28-30 of the the Gospel of Luke that I wonder whether Claud Bowers has ever read...For which of you intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it--lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, "This man began to build and was not able to finish?" These are the words of our Lord, Jesus to a great multitude and his disciples. My comment about the tower that Mr. Bowers has not been able to finish in all these years does not reflect our God. If Mr. Bowers was in God's will it would be done and it would be beautiful. It is neither.
Suzanne- I could not agree with you more. Excellent verse, spot on.......I was watching Claud and his daughter last night begging for money. What a shame. God's people do not beg for money. I don't believe God is involved with this project.
Susan Dennis

Orlando, FL

#8 Nov 10, 2012
Still not a thing done with with eye sore 11/12. Wish the city/state or whoever can give them deadline for completion and if not they lose it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Mary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My tax money (Sep '16) 3 hr Regular gal 11
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 21 hr The Peoples Media 1,046
White people are devils! 22 hr Whitesareweak 3
News SunRail sets ridership record Mar 23 jhharvey 1
News Settling cruise bill has been rough sailing (Mar '08) Mar 22 Lance 264
News Deputies: Deltona woman arrested after toddler ... Mar 22 RuffnReddy 2
News Secular group asks Longwood to remove cross at ... Mar 19 why r u so high 2

Lake Mary Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Mary Mortgages