Relocating to Lake Mary

Relocating to Lake Mary

Posted in the Lake Mary Forum

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 28, 2010
Hi everyone....my husband and I recently moved to Florida as of September of 2010. We started out in Altamonte Springs and hated it due to the heavy traffic congestion, so we decided on Orlando. We moved to the downtown area, off of South Orange and I am so surprised at how horrible it is around here! I figured Orlando being so popular and touristy, it would be a gorgeous place...boy was I wrong!!! I honestly feel like I live in the ghetto and that's putting it politely. My husband and I have driven around Orlando and everywhere we go, it's the same ghetto, buildings closed down look. We have heard Lake Mary is a nice place to live and would like opinions on those who live there. I currently work from home and my husband is unemployed, so we are on a budget. We don't have any kids, so schools don't matter. We are quiet, nice, clean people in our early 30's to early 40's and want to live in an area that offers employment options as well as a nice community.
wayne

Ocala, FL

#2 Nov 28, 2010
lake mary is a nice area, check on availability of section 8 housing if they have any do not move there. section 8 parasites will make your life miserable. buy a home instead of renting, check out the auctions, homes are going cheap as hell.

“Lake Mary Home Body”

Since: Feb 09

Lake Mary, FL

#3 Nov 29, 2010
I've lived in Seminole County for over 20 years and Lake Mary for the past 15... Lake Mary was voted the #1 Place to Live by Money Magazine in 2007 and has a wonderful quality of life. Hope you find what you are looking for...
deltona undercover

United States

#4 Nov 30, 2010
Get out, Get out quickly. Central FL is for losers. You seem respectible but if you live here long enough, you too will be a loser like the rest of us.
wayne

Ocala, FL

#5 Nov 30, 2010
deltona undercover wrote:
Get out, Get out quickly. Central FL is for losers. You seem respectible but if you live here long enough, you too will be a loser like the rest of us.
undercover, you are to much, no everybody in central fl eats U.S.D.A CHEESE.
want to move

Winter Springs, FL

#6 Dec 1, 2010
Don't consider Deltona if you are looking for a nice place to live. A city that is falling apart and there sure itsn't any work here.Just rows and rows of houses. You'll have to travel for work. Little social life and plenty of nasty dirty roads and streets with lowlife's living here. Property values are in the dumpster and will stay that way.
If you are looking for section 8 housing we got that but there are no social service entities to help anyone in Deltona, you would have to go elsewhere for assistance. Our water rates go up 17.25% every year.
Dull town for people of your age.
Floridian

Palm Bay, FL

#7 Dec 1, 2010
wayne wrote:
lake mary is a nice area, check on availability of section 8 housing if they have any do not move there. section 8 parasites will make your life miserable. buy a home instead of renting, check out the auctions, homes are going cheap as hell.
welcome to brooklyn with hurricanes !
Floridian

Palm Bay, FL

#8 Dec 1, 2010
old_missourian wrote:
Hi everyone....my husband and I recently moved to Florida as of September of 2010. We started out in Altamonte Springs and hated it due to the heavy traffic congestion, so we decided on Orlando. We moved to the downtown area, off of South Orange and I am so surprised at how horrible it is around here! I figured Orlando being so popular and touristy, it would be a gorgeous place...boy was I wrong!!! I honestly feel like I live in the ghetto and that's putting it politely. My husband and I have driven around Orlando and everywhere we go, it's the same ghetto, buildings closed down look. We have heard Lake Mary is a nice place to live and would like opinions on those who live there. I currently work from home and my husband is unemployed, so we are on a budget. We don't have any kids, so schools don't matter. We are quiet, nice, clean people in our early 30's to early 40's and want to live in an area that offers employment options as well as a nice community.
You might try europe

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Jan 4, 2011
Yeah, I'm beginning to regret moving to Florida. We've been here in Orlando since November and OMG, I never thought Orlando would be so freaking ghetto!!!
masacote

Winter Garden, FL

#10 Jan 4, 2011
Try Oviedo FL
AWB

Saint Cloud, FL

#11 Jan 9, 2011
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>welcome to brooklyn with hurricanes !
hey . brooklyn has a 70% lower crime rate and much lower unemployment rate than this hovel..Orlando 2 years ago was the 7th most dangerous city in the us , the south bronx , one of NYC worst areas was # 77.. floriduh is filled with the failures from the rest of the nation, all of the criminals move here because the cops couldnt find their own assess with a GPS and a map..If you need to run from the cops you move to floriduh.
AWB

Saint Cloud, FL

#12 Jan 10, 2011
old_missourian wrote:
you are in the same boat as my wife and I were..floriduh has no employment. Its one of the top 4 unemployment states . Lake Mary is really nice but more expensive ..Where you live has nothing to do with jobs in this state ,,unless yer in the medical field or want to make minimum wage in the tourism industry , There is no work. Im a 25 year auto tech that is being offered less money than I made in 1986. This is why we are moving back to NY. I was going to open my own place , but then realized NOONE has any money to spend to fix anything here..So all I can do is wish you the best of luck , and stay out of deltona , Its the ghetto , its alot of section 8s and spanish speakers.. there are some really good people here, dont get me wrong , but they have become bitter and most of them are running from this joke of a city ..
LSS

Kissimmee, FL

#13 Jan 11, 2011
Winter Springs is considered dull by some, but we really like it here and it's probably cheaper than Lake Mary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Mary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 9 hr Bush World 802
more dog bitings 13 hr overit 1
why do back people think they are so entitled t... (Oct '15) May 1 cosplaychic2011 9
Tara Berry is a Schizophrenic May 1 Benny Delgado 1
Tara Berry gives Great Head May 1 Benny Delgado 1
VFT Marketing: Tara wants Benny Sitting in a ... Apr 29 Tara Bennie VFT 1
Lake County Corruption Apr 29 bush world 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Mary Mortgages