Prescription-abuse tracker on hold in...

Prescription-abuse tracker on hold in Florida

There are 4 comments on the The Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 27, 2010, titled Prescription-abuse tracker on hold in Florida. In it, The Orlando Sentinel reports that:

During a two-month span early this year, Sanford resident Judith Pickrell was prescribed 930 doses of the powerful painkiller oxycodone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orlando Sentinel.

tea sipper

Crestview, FL

#1 Nov 28, 2010
The abuse needs to stop, no doubt about it.

Perhaps this way will cull out the abusers while allowing those in need to get help.

IF, they can get their act together and get the system up and running.
wayne

Ocala, FL

#2 Nov 28, 2010
legalize it+ tax it. let the a-holes have at it.
mmss

Orange Park, FL

#3 Nov 30, 2010
how many prescription can a Doctor prescribe in 8 hours period? none stop, too many, a day, 480 minutes divide by 5 minute per patients equal to 96 patients per day. from the the moment you pay cash and from the time you actually see the Dr. and out the prescription. Did I mention one Doctor! From $200 to $400 per patients multiply by 5 days a week. and follow-up for 30 days. easy money,,,, where's the empathy? USA, USA, USA where's your power.. in prescription (RX)..
Darryl

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Dec 2, 2010
Judith Pickerell is one of many people who needs treatment: if she wants to get clean. Our jails and prisons are too full of people who make decisions on crimes where they are the only victims. Sure relatives and sigificant others are hurt as well as the person themselves, but this is a concious decision people make, and no matter what anybody says, they hurt themselves more than anybody else. The only rerason they should be incarcerated is if they break other laws associated with the obtaining or use of these drugs. And they should be given consideration in court for those crimes if they complete in-patient and out patient therapy. God bless Drug Courts and Judges who know and consider alternative actions.
Some relatives preach for people to get off of drugs, but instead of contacting a counselor for an Intervention,(probably the best tool to help people with substance abuse problems)they call law enforcement authorities who must act accordingly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Mary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Social Security Cards stolen at 400 Market St.,... 23 hr SHANE STRASSBERG 1
Heroin (May '13) Fri danb79 70
Lcso same ol double standard Apr 26 Regular gal 26
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Apr 20 The Peoples Media 1,070
Indecent exposure @ Bank Of America Apr 20 Old Man 1
Terry (Jenna) cetto Apr 16 Ed bigg 1
News Brush fire causes evacuations, I-4 lane closure Apr 16 overit 1

Lake Mary Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance