L.A. County Sheriff Busts Pitbull Fighting Ring, Confiscates 17 Dogs, 4 Kids, 1 Ounce of Cocaine

Mar 3, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: LA Weekly

There have been some major shenanigans going off in Lake Los Angeles -- that soulless unincorporated no-man's-land in the Antelope Valley, backdrop to many a meth lab and our worst "Hills Have Eyes" nightmares.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Justine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2011

Judged:

Well, I wouldn't quite call us "soulless" or a "no-man's land" out here. We have our share of crime, but most of us are hard-working citizens who work very hard and have chosen to live here for the peace and quiet. If crime were "that bad" out here, then why is it a rare occurrence to have the "ghetto bird," VERY popular in Los Angeles, flying above us? As for the meth labs~ yes, they are around, unfortunately. However, they are not as numerous as this article makes it sound... compared to places like the Greater Los Angeles area. We can leave our doors unlocked here, we don't have to worry about walking around a corner to see a "John" and his "friend" on a "date," or find biological waste and dead bodies (well, actually we did have our bouts of finding dead bodies in the field behind a local elementary) everywhere we turn. However, Lake Los Angeles can keep its bad reputation because that means it will stay SMALL and peaceful! It is nice to be able to walk out on a summer night and see starts, and I don't mean the ones who get paid way too much and have drug problems bigger than Lake LA's could ever be.
Lady Tree

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

Judged:

I agree with Justine, I enjoy living in Lake L.A. I get to look out my window at my horses. LOVE IT HERE

“Honesty is the best policy”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

Judged:

Ditto to both of you. I just read that article and couldn't believe what that jerk wrote about Lake LA.
His clueless remark about not wanting to venture north of Santa Clarita shows what an idiot he is.
In reality, north of Santa Clarita is so much safer than where his idea of living is.
His article was poorly researched and badly written. I'm glad that types like him live "down below", and hope that they stay there.

“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”

Since: Jan 11

Flush it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Judged:

Pitbull Fighting Ring, Was it a bunch of illegals?
Stop this at the boarder.
Anonymous

Palmdale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Judged:

Amanda two wrote:
Pitbull Fighting Ring, Was it a bunch of illegals?
Stop this at the boarder.
I can bet you ilegals wouldnt be in dog fights....
Why? because most do what they can to stay ghost from police they work and go home... They dont drive out to six flags or disney because a simple trafic stop could leave them without a car or worst in jail....
They work go home and stay away from trouble....

Not saying all ilegals are the same clearly young ones with no family to look after might be less quite but generally speaking they will do what they can to be ghost.......

Now the little cholos born here thats a diff story.... Those pricks deserve to all be put in jail.... If they have gang tattoos they should be put away for good that goes for all gangbangers......

Sorry drifted off topic haha......

“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”

Since: Jan 11

Flush it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Basikali wrote:
<quoted text>
I can bet you illegals wouldnt be in dog fights....
Why? because most do what they can to stay ghost from police they work and go home... They dont drive out to six flags or disney because a simple trafic stop could leave them without a car or worst in jail....
They work go home and stay away from trouble....
Not saying all ilegals are the same clearly young ones with no family to look after might be less quite but generally speaking they will do what they can to be ghost.......
Now the little cholos born here thats a diff story.... Those pricks deserve to all be put in jail.... If they have gang tattoos they should be put away for good that goes for all gangbangers......
Sorry drifted off topic haha......
Jails are full of illegals, Costing hard working Americans millions and millions of $$$ every year. And their anchors.
Stop this at the border. and stop this anchor baby law.
Anonymous

Palmdale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

No point in arguing..... Some one like you is hard to convince once they are set on something.... Some illegal took your job or a family members job so you decided we should do like hitler and hunt them down blame it all on illegals taking our jobs!!!! Our jobs really? They work as janitors... They get the worst jobs things we americans would never do.... But yet they some how screwed us..... Really focus less on blaming others illegals are working just as hard as you are if not harder to get through this economy and feed their family... Difference is they have to hide like roaches... Drive in fear of getting pulled over... Having the thought on their mind that a single traffic ticket can ripp them away from their family...... So no i dont think illegals are all criminals.... Some have family just like every other american..... So lets not make it any harder for these people....
Im defending those who are here as a family living day by day.... Not the scum that deals drugs or in gangs
Dani Gredi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

Judged:

Has anyone noticed pitbulls being walked along Topanaga at Nordhoff? Ever day I see different Mexican men walking these dogs. Not leisurely. Almost like a job. I get the feeling they are up to no good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake Los Angeles Discussions

Search the Lake Los Angeles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Open Market Canada 15,673
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Scrubbers 7,306
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat Drafty 4,559
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Gomers 199,087
Debbie Rowe custody bid on Michael Jackson's ki... Apr 18 Jina Wild_ 6
help me Apr 14 newperson 1
jose abundio murder trail - lancaster (May '12) Apr 14 anonymus 21
•••
•••
•••
Lake Los Angeles Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lake Los Angeles Jobs

•••