Notes on Quotes: Hiking and Do We Nee...

Notes on Quotes: Hiking and Do We Need Daylight Saving Time?

There are 2 comments on the villagesoup.com story from Mar 17, 2013, titled Notes on Quotes: Hiking and Do We Need Daylight Saving Time?. In it, villagesoup.com reports that:

Daylight Saving Time: "It impacts diverse and unexpected areas, including agricultural practices, street crime, the reporting of sports scores, energy conservation, television schedules, traffic accidents, voter turnout, and even the inheritance rights of twins." David Prerau We were in search of a new place to hike and had been directed toward the ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at villagesoup.com.

SpaceBlues

United States

#1 Mar 17, 2013
Taming of time? OCD crock.

From the piece: Farmers and other professions relying on early morning sunshine have traditionally opposed DST. Cows and other livestock do not appreciate changes to their schedule. DST is disruptive when implemented, especially during “spring forward,” when traffic accidents and even heart attacks increase during the first week and worker productivity can go down.

Use your own clock inthis electronic age and leave my time alone!

No DST!
SpaceBlues

United States

#2 Mar 17, 2013
Use your own clock in this electronic age and leave my time alone!

Wikipedia: Photosensitive proteins and circadian rhythms are believed to have originated in the earliest cells, with the purpose of protecting the replicating of DNA from high ultraviolet radiation during the daytime. As a result, replication was relegated to the dark. The fungus Neurospora, which exists today, retains this clock-regulated mechanism.

Circadian rhythms allow organisms to anticipate and prepare for precise and regular environmental changes; they have great value in relation to the outside world. The rhythmicity appears to be as important in regulating and coordinating internal metabolic processes, as in coordinating with the environment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Junaluska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
watern hole Mon frank 1
Beware vern charlie mcmillon (Oct '16) May 10 errrr 5
Brown Numbered signs on I-40 (Apr '08) Apr 23 Stinkulus Maximus 35
Stockings and Garter Belts: (Sep '07) Apr '17 Todd 62
Waitress at exit 24 Mar '17 Detroit Kid 1
ghost town in the sky (Jul '06) Mar '17 Tammi Newman 25
News Haywood Man Busted for 5th DWI Released (Mar '12) Mar '17 Imsorry 6

Lake Junaluska Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance