Bill to cover trooper funeral cost

Bill to cover trooper funeral cost

There are 85 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jul 16, 2008, titled Bill to cover trooper funeral cost. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Comments on Topix forums : RALEIGH The family of a state trooper shot to death in Haywood County faces a $13,000 bill for his funeral.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
What

Lincolnton, NC

#81 Jul 21, 2008
Crazy Comments wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, most of the people who have a problem with the fact that people are helping the Blanton's will have a problem with helping anyone.
Please, tell me the name and location of the child that was injured in the Haywood County fire. I would like to visit her and make a donation to her family.
Sadly, you are right regarding the trial. I'm very afraid that no matter the outcome, people will never be satisfied.
http://garretthillcrest.createatribute.com/re...
Ms Arian Winter Miracle Surrett
January 03, 2002 - May 08, 2008
Ms Kimberly Bianca Surrett
February 05, 1998 - May 08, 2008

Memorials may be made in her name to the WNC Community Credit Union, on Eagles Nest Road in Waynesville.

Nayeli Bonae Garcilita
October 30, 2001 - June 10, 2008

Memorial Contributions may be made to the family or a memorial fund that has been set up at the First Citizens Bank in c/o Rachael Craig Ortiz.

Shae is Nayeli's injured sister. They were extremely close. Perhaps the bank can give you the information you request. I wouldn't feel right doing so without the family's consent.

By the way, just so no one starts anything, neither one of these situations were cases of neglect or suspicious in any way. These families are grieving. Please have respect.
JUST the FACTS

Maxton, NC

#82 Jul 23, 2008
Preterm infants automatically qualify for 1 year no matter the parents income
disabledminorchilds-Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
For him to recieve that monthly check from SS depends on his parents' assets and income. If they have $2000 or more in savings or bonds, or etc he is automatically disqualified for benefits. Also if his mother's monthly income exceeds that same $2000 magically dollar amount he will also be diqualified. SS also considers gifts, donations, and any other type of monetry help part of her monthly incomes also. So you didn't check the facts as you promised but then again what else can we expect from a "government worker".
Crazy Comments

AOL

#83 Jul 23, 2008
As a parent of a child born prematurely, ALL premature babies do NOT automatically qualify.

And, in case you people have not read TODAY's news, Ms. Blanton has issued a new statement regarding the baby. She needs your SUPPORT AND PRAYERS now more than ever - for all of you who really sincerely care and know the word of prayer, please offer up a word for Tye as you go about your day today. However, if you have something negative to say, PLEASE keep it to yourself, the family doesn't need that right now.
Duh-huh

United States

#84 Jul 23, 2008
Crazy Comments wrote:
As a parent of a child born prematurely, ALL premature babies do NOT automatically qualify.
And, in case you people have not read TODAY's news, Ms. Blanton has issued a new statement regarding the baby. She needs your SUPPORT AND PRAYERS now more than ever - for all of you who really sincerely care and know the word of prayer, please offer up a word for Tye as you go about your day today. However, if you have something negative to say, PLEASE keep it to yourself, the family doesn't need that right now.
To a point I agree with you on this and the power of prayer and that this child does need this, however what I do NOT agree with is you coming on here a PUBLIC FORUM AND TELLING OTHERS WHAT THEY CAN ,CAN'T SAY. THIS IS AMERICA LAST I CHECKED AND PEOPLE DO STILL HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEACH.If you see things on here that may bother you then you are FREE to go somewheres else.
Lollerkeekles

Great Falls, MT

#85 Jul 24, 2008
Duh-huh wrote:
If you see things on here that may bother you then you are FREE to go somewheres else.
Yeah, there are certainly things to bother just about everyTHING and everyONE of any political size, shape or orientation here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Junaluska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brown Numbered signs on I-40 (Apr '08) 9 hr Sandyloo 31
News Three arrested, face first-degree murder charges Nov 18 karma 1
Clyde Music Thread (Nov '13) Nov 14 Musikologist 9
Wayne Coley was not a suicide Nov '16 Cammo Kid 1
Paper Factory Smell (Jun '10) Nov '16 Cyclura 28
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Nov '16 404 error 34
ghost town in the sky (Jul '06) Jun '16 Tammi Newman 24

Lake Junaluska Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Junaluska Mortgages