HaywoodCountyNews.com: Haywood County incidents

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

A South Carolina man was robbed at gunpoint last week along Interstate 40 near the Buncombe/Haywood County line while trying to fix chains on his trailer, according to a report from the Haywood County Sheriff's ...
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 28, 2007
karen parker

AOL

#1 Nov 26, 2007
I would like to no what a real church going person is?I no a couple that are up in age and they are both sickley and they recently moved down on j-creek and there is this church on J creek told this couple they could have power run from their line to their house and then close to2 weeks the church backs out said this couple could not have power off of them because of some members said no.Now I ask you what kind of chinstine do you call that.
Bernard Shuford

Asheville, NC

#2 Nov 28, 2007
I'm pretty sure that it's illegal to do what you're talking about here. There are laws about how electrical service can be provided to a residence. Don't blame the church; it's likely that someone offered to be helpful without knowing the rules. It would be much more appropriate for the church to perhaps pay the bill for the couple's electricity and allow it to be legally connected than to create a fire hazard or a legal problem by doing something inappropriate. Trying to obey the law and protect the homes of those involved doesn't make someone a bad Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Junaluska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr Ben 58,890
Ghost town open? Thu Help 1
Clyde Music Thread (Nov '13) Aug 23 Musikologist 5
Wedding: Ethington-Everett Aug 18 Joe Jim Bob 1
Select Homes Property Management Company Aug 14 Seth Ashford 2
Solar power, dont waste your money Aug 11 bumper 1
Maggie Valley Music Thread (Nov '13) Aug 9 Musikologist 9
•••
•••
Lake Junaluska Dating