State poised to cover trooper funeral costs

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

Comments on Topix forums : Raleigh The N.C. House gave unanimous, final consent today to letting the state pay up to $10,000 in funeral costs for the family of a trooper killed during a traffic stop in Haywood ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
b franklin

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

good!
chimps

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

bdw wrote:
The degenrate could have been buried or incinerated for 2K or less. The taxpayers have no business paying for this idiocy. How ridiculous!
Wrong answer.

Show some respect.

I would like to think that a adequate life insurance plan is either a benfit or available at a discount to law enforcement agents.

Its right to pay his funeral expenese IMO.
Weeping Willow

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

bdw wrote:
The degenrate could have been buried or incinerated for 2K or less. The taxpayers have no business paying for this idiocy. How ridiculous!
EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME????????? WHAAAAAAAAT? ARE YOU EVEN POSTING ON THE RIGHT FORUM? WAIT... You are talking about Wong, right?

“Thank You Veterans!”

Since: Mar 07

Texas & WNC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

bdw wrote:
I think you are very confused here. Surely your comment refers to burying the suspect (which is not the case here) instead of paying for burial of the officer????? You think it idiocy to assist paying for the officer's burial? Killed in the line of duty, by the way?
Stuart

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

bdw wrote:
What a sorry excuse for an individualyou are.Please keep this in mind when telling your family your last wishes. Ill even be more than happy to sell them a Pine box cheap but, then again maybe a cardboard box lined with a hefty to hold the slime in would sufice.
Whizzer

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

bdw wrote:
Please crawl back in the hole you came out of and never show your stupidity again. Idiots like you don't deserve the right to even voice your opinion.
Crazy Comments

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

First, to pay for Trooper Blanton's funeral and that of future law enforecement officers killed in the line of duty is not only the honorable thing to do, it is the right thing to do - the only thing to do! I support this decision totally and have zero problem with my tax dollars going to such a worthy cause. And hats off to Lake Junaluska for donating your services for the funeral - that was a class act on your part!

Second, before anyone gets on here and starts making crazy comments about Trooper Blanton's funeral being too elobrate, let me sit the record straight right now. Trooper Blanton's funeral was no different than that of anyone else's other than: when Shawn's body arrived for the service, instead of it being in the hurst, it was being drawn by horses (the Cassion Unit, which volunteered) and behind the Cassion Unit was a horse without a rider representing Shawn's death. Instead of the family arriving in the "family" cars, which are usually limo's, they arrived in State Trooper cars. The family had zero control over how many people arrived for the funeral, nor did they have any control over the fact that the visitation lasted past midnight. What made it seem like it was elborate to those on the outside looking in was that so many people came to pay their respects to Shawn and his family.

And finally, to Asheville's BDW - the only idiot here is YOU! I will assume that you either didn't read the article and if you did, you weren't able to understand the meaning of it. You see, they were talking about paying the funeral cost of the good guy. The good guy was KILLED by some idiot. The good guy is the one who was taken away from his family and friends. The good guy was out protecting YOU! The degenrate is now sitting in Haywood County jail and you and the rest of us taxpayers will be paying for him for years to come and believe this, it is going to cost a hell of a lot more than $2,000 - a hell of a lot more than the $13,000 for Trooper Blanton's funeral. But should I be wrong and you feel that it is ridiculous to pay for Trooper Blanton's funeral, then I pity you and feel sorry for you because in my eyes, you are no better than Wong, the idiot who shot and killed Trooper Blanton, the good guy.
KXR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

That's great. But what about the troopers/LEO/etc that have been killed in the line of duty in previous years?
NCbred-FL accidental

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

That's good news, his wife has enough problems now and will need every cent of this pension to take care of her son and herself.
I guess BDW must mean "BRAINS are DEAD WEIGHT"! What a huge azzhole this guy is.
mama bear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

Crazy Comments wrote:
First, to pay for Trooper Blanton's funeral and that of future law enforecement officers killed in the line of duty is not only the honorable thing to do, it is the right thing to do - the only thing to do! I support this decision totally and have zero problem with my tax dollars going to such a worthy cause. And hats off to Lake Junaluska for donating your services for the funeral - that was a class act on your part!
Second, before anyone gets on here and starts making crazy comments about Trooper Blanton's funeral being too elobrate, let me sit the record straight right now. Trooper Blanton's funeral was no different than that of anyone else's other than: when Shawn's body arrived for the service, instead of it being in the hurst, it was being drawn by horses (the Cassion Unit, which volunteered) and behind the Cassion Unit was a horse without a rider representing Shawn's death. Instead of the family arriving in the "family" cars, which are usually limo's, they arrived in State Trooper cars. The family had zero control over how many people arrived for the funeral, nor did they have any control over the fact that the visitation lasted past midnight. What made it seem like it was elborate to those on the outside looking in was that so many people came to pay their respects to Shawn and his family.
And finally, to Asheville's BDW - the only idiot here is YOU! I will assume that you either didn't read the article and if you did, you weren't able to understand the meaning of it. You see, they were talking about paying the funeral cost of the good guy. The good guy was KILLED by some idiot. The good guy is the one who was taken away from his family and friends. The good guy was out protecting YOU! The degenrate is now sitting in Haywood County jail and you and the rest of us taxpayers will be paying for him for years to come and believe this, it is going to cost a hell of a lot more than $2,000 - a hell of a lot more than the $13,000 for Trooper Blanton's funeral. But should I be wrong and you feel that it is ridiculous to pay for Trooper Blanton's funeral, then I pity you and feel sorry for you because in my eyes, you are no better than Wong, the idiot who shot and killed Trooper Blanton, the good guy.
Thank you for putting a voice to how many of us in WNC feel about Trooper Blanton and his family.
local leo

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

bdw wrote:
i'll be thinking about your comment that while i'm pissing on your grave.
Just Me

Anniston, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

How very wise it was for the brave in asking the State to assist in extra funeral expenses being that the officer did die in the line of duty bringing out the best of the best to show their last respects....it was the only right thing to do..

Now if only the creep who caused this could favor us all by cutting his last days short we could appreciate WHERE the real TAX break would be coming from, cause our system relatively similar to Florida won't be moving fast enough to save the real bucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake Junaluska Discussions

Search the Lake Junaluska Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr Waco 1909 49,426
Gospel news: Big night of music coming to Don G... 18 hr Nathaniel roland 1
Clyde Music Thread Apr 8 Musikologist 4
Thinking of moving to Shelby (Jul '13) Apr 4 Stuck here 7
Triad Wiccans gather to meditate (Apr '07) Apr 3 Mahdi 65
Maggie Valley Music Thread Mar 28 Musikologist 3
p.o.s with stds and on drugs. Mar 27 to funny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lake Junaluska Jobs

•••