Brazosport cities enjoy strong leadership

May 27, 2009 Full story: The Facts

After writing last week about the lack of upkeep at Bryan Beach, I wasn't surprised to receive quite a bit of feedback.

Full Story
Marj Woodhull

Columbia, MO

#1 Jun 25, 2009
I am glad the beaches are being cared for. We recently visited Surfside Beach and the beach was very clean. However, we did have a problem with a group of teens wanting to build a bonfire and party in front of our rented vacation home. Ended up it was the mayor's son. I feel that an elected officials family members should especially show respect for the beach and tourist areas. We usually vacation at Port Aransas, but moved to Surfside Beach this year because it was closer. Again the beach was nice as was the vacatin home we rented. However, the service from Branan Realty was horrible. We had no sheets and towels until we paid $140.00 to rent them. They were cheap towels and no fitted sheets. Some of the pillowcases didn't even fit the pillows. There were used, half eaten food containers under the beds. Many of the comforters had food dried onto them. The water was not drinkable so we had to had to buy $100 worth of drinking water for cooking and brushing teeth as well as drinking. There were holes for the lights, but no lights, just electrical wiring. The beach in front of our rental was over run with teens drinking, leaving a mess (we cleaned it up) and suggestive behavior. We had small children with us. Not sure if we will choose Surfide over Port Aransas again, but know we will NEVER choose Branan Realty again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brannan resort rentals - does not pay owners Wed Surfsideg 2
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 16 Farts 779
Connie you red headed s $#@@t Feb 15 jonomorris92 2
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Farts 614
Debate: Marijuana - Angleton, TX (Aug '10) Jan '15 anonymous 5
Surveillance Video Features Lake Jackson Bank R... (Jul '09) Jan '15 Anonymous 2
Decision not to seek teen's body ignites anger,... (Mar '07) Jan '15 ironic 12

Lake Jackson News Video

Lake Jackson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lake Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:06 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:06PM