Tell me whats so good about Lake Jackson

Tell me whats so good about Lake Jackson

Posted in the Lake Jackson Forum

Cleve

League City, TX

#1 Sep 21, 2009
Thinking about moving there because i am tired of noise and the absence of personality and community in and around Houston.

Tell me about taxes, houses, flooding, doctors, the drive into Houston, parks, the people, crime..cool things about LJ and the bad stuff.
AroundTexas

United States

#2 Dec 24, 2009
Lake Jackson isn't a bad area. It is highly conservative, and the ameneties will be lacking compared to Houston (obviously).

The drive into Houston isn't one I would brave lightly given the 45 minute drive outside of traffic.

It has nice parks, a few decent restaurants but not alot of variety, and is generally quiet. Supposedly the education system is good, but it sports only a community college (which appears to be rather lavishly funded compared to other ccs).

I would suggest that it is a good place to retire, or "breathe easy."
tay

Lake Jackson, TX

#3 Jan 10, 2010
I love it. grew up here. awesome place for kids, people are nice and friendly and there's isnt a high crime rate at all. the education system is good. Especially in the high school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesse 47 seeks single woman 33 for marriage 18 hr Television Engineer 2
Drowning. 7/21/17 Aug 10 jesse sewell 2
Black man in a white Dodge Charger Aug 5 Neighborhood Watch 2
Quintana Music Thread (Apr '15) Jul '17 Musikologist 8
Snapchatme nude (Oct '14) Jul '17 Concerned Mom 6
News Arrest report Jul '17 Longhorn 89 34
Poll Which city harbors racism? (Apr '08) Jun '17 Concerned Mom 15

Lake Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance