Six arrested for pot operation in Cal...

Six arrested for pot operation in Calif. preserve

There are 24 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Jul 22, 2008, titled Six arrested for pot operation in Calif. preserve. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

State wildlife officials have arrested six men for growing $16 million worth of marijuana in an ecological preserve at the southern end of the Sierra Nevada.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
String em up

San Rafael, CA

#1 Jul 22, 2008
The pot industry in California is environmentally destructive.Why do people need to smoke this sh*t anyway? Our wilderness is vanishing and the only thing people seem to get heated about is whether they can get their pot with or without a medical excuse. Legal or not, smoking ANYthing is an unhealthy habit. Destroying the habitat of wildlife that is already struggling for survival is reprehensible. Instead of blaming it on the government, why don't you put out your joint and do something constructive to save these lands---extinct IS forever.
Light em up

San Rafael, CA

#2 Jul 22, 2008
String em up wrote:
The pot industry in California is environmentally destructive.Why do people need to smoke this **** anyway? Our wilderness is vanishing and the only thing people seem to get heated about is whether they can get their pot with or without a medical excuse. Legal or not, smoking ANYthing is an unhealthy habit. Destroying the habitat of wildlife that is already struggling for survival is reprehensible. Instead of blaming it on the government, why don't you put out your joint and do something constructive to save these lands---extinct IS forever.
Ahhh, I think you are a little late in lecturing humans about destroying habitat. I gotta run to the coffee shop, munchies. Want a cup?
ILLEGALS AT IT AGAIN

Portland, OR

#5 Jul 22, 2008
Arrested were Juan Villafana Cornejo, 27, and Eduardo Villafana Cornejo, 31, both of Seville, in Tulare County; Rigoberto Galvan, 28, Jose Luis Gomez, 20, and Andres Aeriola, 39, all of Orosi, Tulare County; and Eduardo Villafana Osornio, 58, of Tijuana, Mexico

WELL,WELL,WELL........HARD WORKING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AT WORK I SEE.
BETTER DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE CRIMINALS SOON.
We created this problem

San Francisco, CA

#6 Jul 22, 2008
US policy towards stinky green buds with purple hairs, covered in tiny crystals is what has criminalized the ganga industry. From what I've seen it's far safer than alchol on the human body and mind. Make it legal and tax it; state deficit solved.
We created this problem

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jul 22, 2008
that was the AcOhol spelling
Wayne gretzki

San Mateo, CA

#9 Jul 23, 2008
They just can't seem to get gardening out of Their blood...
Ace

Santa Cruz, CA

#10 Jul 23, 2008
Making pot illegal creates huge illegal profits.
America has shot herself in the foot.
Beckocrite

Santa Cruz, CA

#11 Jul 23, 2008
Becky, come explain this one away. You claim the cartels don't exist, and that pot farming is benign and doesn't hurt the environment any worse than my tomato garden does?

Welllll, here's a half dozen hispanics, including Mexican nationals, growing large scale operations in our public lands, and armed with guns. Damning rivers, causing erosion, using pesticides, destroying native vegetation.

Tell me again how its all propoganda, Beckocrite?

http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/1099081.html
ILLEGALS AT IT AGAIN

Portland, OR

#13 Jul 23, 2008
Wooie wrote:
I would just like to go camping without some loser **** terroist drug cartell and thier loser terroist employees dumping thier **** all over, polluting our forests and shooting at us just so they can slowly take over this country by addiction.
They need to recend the gun laws so we can start shooting back and cause concenquences for criminal behaviour. Cops aren't no help nor will be any time soon.
You are exactly right wooie.
DUDE

San Leandro, CA

#14 Jul 23, 2008
ILLEGALS AT IT AGAIN wrote:
Arrested were Juan Villafana Cornejo, 27, and Eduardo Villafana Cornejo, 31, both of Seville, in Tulare County; Rigoberto Galvan, 28, Jose Luis Gomez, 20, and Andres Aeriola, 39, all of Orosi, Tulare County; and Eduardo Villafana Osornio, 58, of Tijuana, Mexico
WELL,WELL,WELL........HARD WORKING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AT WORK I SEE.
BETTER DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE CRIMINALS SOON.
If these were Republicans..the Headlines would have read Six Republicans arrested for pot operation in Calif. preserve.(Six Illegal Aliens arrested for pot operation in Calif. preserve)
Resident

Amity, OR

#15 Jul 23, 2008
DUDE wrote:
<quoted text> If these were Republicans..the Headlines would have read Six Republicans arrested for pot operation in Calif. preserve.(Six Illegal Aliens arrested for pot operation in Calif. preserve)
Hey DUDE! What are you trying to say? Was there supposed to be a point to what you wrote? Put your bong down Dude!
ctazman

Sausalito, CA

#16 Jul 24, 2008
Hey Arnold, now they are at your back door. Time to clean up the scum. Git rid of all beaners and send them home.
John

Santa Rosa, CA

#18 Jul 25, 2008
String em up wrote:
The pot industry in California is environmentally destructive.Why do people need to smoke this **** anyway? Our wilderness is vanishing and the only thing people seem to get heated about is whether they can get their pot with or without a medical excuse. Legal or not, smoking ANYthing is an unhealthy habit. Destroying the habitat of wildlife that is already struggling for survival is reprehensible. Instead of blaming it on the government, why don't you put out your joint and do something constructive to save these lands---extinct IS forever.
Typical attitude of someone who thinks they have a right to tell someone else what to do. I agree that the environmental problems created by these growers are a very bad thing. Thats why it needs to be legalized pronto! If professional farmers could grow it then it would be environmentally freindly and a cleaner, safer product. See yall at the farmers market when we all get together and start thinking clerly about prohibition of a natural unprocessed herb.
John

Santa Rosa, CA

#19 Jul 25, 2008
We created this problem wrote:
US policy towards stinky green buds with purple hairs, covered in tiny crystals is what has criminalized the ganga industry. From what I've seen it's far safer than alchol on the human body and mind. Make it legal and tax it; state deficit solved.
Words of a sane person. Take notes people!
Commander bunny

United States

#20 Jul 25, 2008
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Words of a sane person. Take notes people!
But john, The Guy can't even spell "Ganja", or "Alchohol"...
Kelly Pickler

Santa Cruz, CA

#21 Jul 25, 2008
alchohol?

Alchohol?

What's that?
tricia

Jersey City, NJ

#22 Jul 25, 2008
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey DUDE! What are you trying to say? Was there supposed to be a point to what you wrote? Put your bong down Dude!
Yes, there was a point to what he said. It is a way of labeling people. Why isn't there a label when "six legal locals" are arrested for growing, selling, drugs. The association between illegal aliens and drugs is being programmed into the readers mind. There are illegals in our country who are not pot dealers, growers etc. There are just as many if not more legal Americans growing and dealing and use drugs. Our ex-president smoked pot. Is he a scum, crimnal also? This isn't just an illegal alien problem, it is a cultural problem in our own country made available by those in our own country and used by legal citizens.
ljw0101

Fresno, CA

#24 Jul 27, 2008
legalize pot. a few more stoners on the road can drive along with the drunks that are out there already. stoners don't drive any worse than drunks. legal pot would bring the price down so far that crooks woulnd't grow it any more.
Pinky

Daly City, CA

#25 Jul 27, 2008
Legalize marijuana! Bring these activities out into the open. Stop criminalizing pot smokers.

Elect Pinky in '08 and I promise pot in every kitchen and a pipe in every hand.

Elect Pinky, and Pinky will bring respectability back to the White House.

Vote Pinky for President in '08

Go watch my PLATFORM ON IMMIGRATION
http://tinyurl.com/6e9umy

Vote for Pinky, Commander Bunny is a fraud.

I can solve the immigration problem, Commander Bunny can't.

She has no PLAN.

- PAID FOR BY -
Cats Against Rabbits
Babies Against Anchors
Acme Tear Gas Company
Walls R Us
Poets of America
Tam Rescue Squad
AAA Paper Bag Company-Arcata, California
The Committee to Recall Bedard, Jackson and Clever
The Marijuana Growing Guild

More fun, more flags!
Minutemen Amusement Parks
Nogales, Arizona
McAllen, Texas
El Paso, Texas
San Diego, California
Coming to a town near you soon!
Commander Bunny

United States

#26 Jul 27, 2008
But Pinky, did'nt Your Mother tell You that pot makes You grow boobies?

The Commander.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Isabella Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lw Sep 8 maddog 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in California... (Oct '10) Jul '17 Jenny 22
lw Jul '17 maddog 1
News Trump gains local support in possible shrinking... Jul '17 chuck 2
News Body in river identified as Summons (Sep '06) May '17 chuck 31
News 80 homes burned, 1,500 threatened in 'extremely... (Jun '16) May '17 Cynthia Keives 3
just reminding the world May '17 maddog 1

Lake Isabella Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Isabella Mortgages