Lights out for curfew

There are 1 comment on the Oct 6, 2006, Daily Record story titled Lights out for curfew. In it, Daily Record reports that:

It seems a little hard to believe, but there apparently was a time when bands of youthful brigands were roaming the narrow streets of Lake Hopatcong.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Record.

Jan M

New Haven, CT

#1 Nov 13, 2006
That's funny. When I spent my summers at the Lake in the late 60's and early 70's, you knew you were supposed to be OFF the roads as soon as the siren sounded at 9:30pm if you were under 18. And the cops DID stop and ask your date of birth if they caught you slinking along Maxim Drive late at night. Of course we always lied about it. We also hitched a lot--our favorite way to get to and from Bertrand Island!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Hopatcong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arbor Day celebrated at Stanhope school 12 hr Michelle O 1
Anybody know what is happening on ridge rd in S... Apr 20 Concerned 1
Lenape Valley High School Apr 12 Resident 29
News Capogrosso-Montella (Oct '08) Apr 8 cross street 179
News Owner of Albanese Sports Gallery in Belvidere a... (Jan '09) Mar 30 BSD 5
con artist Mar '15 michael Peck 1
News Canceling E-ZPass account not so easy (Sep '08) Mar '15 Want my money back 22
More from around the web

Lake Hopatcong People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]