Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Sou...

Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern California crime sweep

There are 4852 comments on the SF Gate story from Mar 9, 2006, titled Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern California crime sweep. In it, SF Gate reports that:

Hundreds of law enforcement officers targeted the Vagos motorcycle club Thursday in a Southern California sweep that netted 25 arrests of leaders and associates of what officials labeled an outlaw gang.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SF Gate.

REALITY

Palm Desert, CA

#4184 Dec 14, 2008
hey Jeri,Deer Eyes, Val, godzilla and anyone else i forgot, merry Christmas !
Still Here

Upper Marlboro, MD

#4185 Dec 14, 2008
Jeri Foreman wrote:
Is today the day? Could be. Even if it's not though it'd only be just a short while longer.
Ha ha, this is still funny. You're so silly.
Since your threats are empty, like you head. Here's a story about a Vagos Gang member being convicted of murder. This scum bag even shot his victim in the back.
A Vagos Motorcycle gang member was found guilty Wednesday of the 2004 murder of an Apple Valley man.
Daniel Lee Foreman, 30, of Apple Valley faces 50 year to life in prison for the murder of James Gavin during a botched robbery.
The jury deliberated for six days before finding Foreman guilty of murder, assault with a firearm, attempted residential robbery and 1st degree burglary as well as finding numerous special allegations to be true.
“Given the nature of the evidence and the nature of the witnesses, I felt confident that there would be a guilty verdict,” said Deputy District Attorney Brit Imes, who prosecuted the case.“But how it ultimately played out was unsure.”
In 2004, Foreman and Ryan Matteson, 31, both of Apple Valley entered a house in the 11900 block of Manzana Road holding Gavin and another man at gunpoint.
Gavin, 43, of Apple Valley made a break for the door and Foreman shot him in the back piercing his heart and killing him.
During Foreman’s trial, Matteson pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and attempted burglary in exchange for key testimony against Foreman.
Matteson testified that Foreman fired the shot that killed Gavin.
The bullet that killed Gavin also struck the arm of Jessica Brown, 49, who was entering the residence as Gavin was headed for the door.
Foreman’s sentencing is set for Jan., 28.
Matteson was given 13 years in prison as part of his plea agreement.
Still Here

Upper Marlboro, MD

#4186 Dec 14, 2008
So does the American Legion or the Elks club do this to one of their members wants to leave?

DETAILS:
The individuals arrested on the warrants were arraigned in Josephine County Court today. Five of the defendants are currently still held in the Josephine County Jail on individual bails of $250,000. One defendant, Gary Jones, posted bail on December 18th and remains free on bail.

This case stems from an incident involving alleged members of the Vagos Outlaw Motorcycle Gang.

In August 2007, a member of the Vagos Motorcycle Club had tried to leave the Club. As a result of his attempt to leave the Club, he was assaulted, kidnapped, and robbed by other alleged members of the Club. The assault occurred at a business, Grants Pass Custom Motorcycle, and the victim was then transported against his will to his residence, where alleged members of the Club then attempted to steal his personal property from his residence.

The victim did report this incident to the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety. The Grants Pass Department of Public Safety did contact the Oregon Department of Justice for assistance in the investigation and prosecution of the individuals responsible for the crimes.
Still Here

Upper Marlboro, MD

#4187 Dec 14, 2008
Hater wrote:
Instead of raising money for charities, while don't the Vagos take care of their own. They are a bunch of narassistic men that think only of themselves. They condone men that don't take care of their families, it is NOT a family club. Go buy a toy for a charity run, but don't feed your own kids. Great bunch of men. Yes the others in the group know about it and still take money, yes it cost money to get that ugly jacket. To them its all about the $$$ and stolen bikes and parts.
Doesn't using a fraction of the money they make off selling meth on some cheap toys make up for their crimes?

Arrested were:

Jason JORDAN, Vagos OMG Sacramento Chapter President
William SECREST, Vagos OMG Sacramento Chapter Road Captain
Shane SMITH, Vagos OMG Sac Vice President
Ronald ELLSWORTH, Vagos OMG Great Green North Member
William STRATTON, Vagos OMG Tahoe Basin Chapter President, International Officer and highest ranking Vagos member in Northern California
Matt WALTERS, Vagos OMG Yolo County Chapter Member
Lanny HOWSLEY, Vagos associate
Jessica PETERSON, Vagos associate
Brett WILSON, Vagos associate
Chad BURTON, Vagos associate
Brian HOFFMAN, Vagos associate
William HANDCOCK, Vagos associate
Sheleana KERWOOD, Vagos associate
Eric PHILLIPS, Vagos associate
Shawn KEEFER, Vagos associate
Patrick MULHERN, Vagos associate
Margaret BERMUDEZ, Vagos associate
Teresa LOUGHNER, Vagos associate

The following statistics are resulting from operation “Black Pearl”:

21 arrests including 6 validated Vagos OMG members
Over 30 pounds of methamphetamine ice
$13,298.00 in United States Currency
60 firearms, which included 6 unregistered assault weapons and 3 stolen firearms
20,000 rounds of ammunition and several high capacity magazines
3 motorcycles
Vagos Outlaw Motorcycle Gang apparel and indicia

Based upon evidence and information uncovered during this investigation, a methamphetamine source of supply was revealed and investigators were able secure search warrants for this secondary drug trafficking organization.

On January 9, 2006, detectives with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department, Sacramento CAL-MMET and Special Agents with the California Department of Justice, Firearms Division, served two additional search warrants on the business and residence of Vagos OMG associate Robert MURRAY.

A search of MURRAY’s business, identified as Murray’s Auto Body and Paint, and MURRAY’S residence, resulted in the seizure of 15 lbs of methamphetamine ice, 7 firearms and the arrest of 2 individuals.

On January 9, 2006, a follow-up investigation by detectives with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department along with the Sacramento CAL-MMET team resulted in the seizure of an additional 15 pounds of methamphetamine and the arrest of 2 more individuals.

TOTALS FOR BOTH INVESTIGATIONS:

25 arrests which included 9 validated Vagos OMG members
Over 30 pounds of methamphetamine ice
$ 93,298.00 in United States Currency
75 firearms – Which included 7 unregistered assault weapons and 5 stolen firearms
20,000 rounds of ammunition and several high capacity magazines
7 Harley Davidson motorcycles, 2 vehicles seized – 2 of which were stolen
Vagos Outlaw Motorcycle Gang affiliation items which included apparel and indicia
Still Here

Upper Marlboro, MD

#4188 Dec 14, 2008
Next Gen wrote:
Ya i heard hells angels and the vagos are gonna have a bake sale to raise money for deaf kids....dude these groups are pure scum and elderly.
Police arrest 25 in raid on Calif. motorcycle gang

RANCHO CUCAMONGA, California (Reuters)- State and federal authorities on Thursday raided members of a notorious California motorcycle gang, arresting 25 people on charges ranging from drug and firearms violations to murder.

The sweep by some 700 law enforcement officers in five Southern California counties followed a three-year investigation into the Vagos motorcycle club in a bid to cripple the gang, said John Torres, special agent with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

"These are extremely violent individuals who prey on private citizens and have no remorse," Torres said.

Among the 25 arrested were seven of the gang's chapter presidents, Torres said. Nearly 100 illegal weapons and an undisclosed amount of cash were also seized.

The arrests followed the filing on Monday of 12 criminal counts against 15 defendants in San Bernardino County Superior Court, including two counts of murder and two of attempted murder. Torres said federal charges were expected to follow.
Stiil Here

Upper Marlboro, MD

#4189 Dec 14, 2008
The Shooter wrote:
Jeri Foreman rules!!! How you doin sweetie? Sorry for not being around, had to spend some time away in county. Not fun but hey, that's part of life. I tried to get Zeke to bust me out but no doing. WTF?? Did ya'll get soft while I was gone? I see that our friend with the small package and big tits is still hanging around.
No dude, spending some time in "county" is not a part of life. Not unless you're a criminal. You're a sad person. I now understand your infatuation with gays and penis. I guess being a gump behind bars has had its effects on you. I truly feel sorry for you.

Authorities on Thursday alleged that the Vagos
gang also has a long history of involvement in the manufacture and distribution of methamphetamine, as well as other controlled substances. They are believed to be responsible for selling drugs in parks in San Bernardino County, officials said.
Because the Vagos are classified as a criminal street gang, judges can add enhanced penalties if members are convicted.
Among those whose homes were searched Thursday was Terry Orendorff of Hesperia, the Vagos’ 23-year international president. Although he was not arrested, Orendorff and other gang leaders remain subject to future federal racketeering charges, based on the gang’s alleged involvement in a July 2004 killing in Lucerne Valley and an attempted murder in Hesperia, authorities said.
Those arrested included chapter presidents Scott “Psycho” Sikoff of Apple Valley, Vincent Mariano of Victorville, Nels “Swede” Bloom of Romoland,“Big” Roy Compton III of San Jacinto, Lino “Umpire” Garcia of Oxnard, and sergeant at arms Michael “Chainsaw” Izykowski of Huntington Beach.
“We expect some of the gang leadership to cooperate with us,” said Thomas Mangan, spokesman for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
“This is the just the tip of the iceberg.”
In the Lucerne Valley homicide, James Gavin, 44, was fatally shot in the upper torso, and another person was injured during a home-invasion robbery.
Two alleged Vagos members were arrested Thursday on suspicion of murder: Daniel “Twist” Foreman, 28, of Apple Valley, and Vagos vice president Ryan Matteson, 29, of Victorville. They will be charged with murder, attempted murder, street terrorism, residential robbery and first-degree burglary, authorities said.
Foreman had previously been arrested on suspicion of the slaying in early 2005 but was released for lack of evidence. Considerably more evidence was uncovered in the latest investigation, said Britt Imes, the San Bernardino County deputy district attorney who will prosecute the case.
“It was drug-related and retaliation-related, connected to the gang’s perceived disrespect of another Vagos member’s family member,” Imes said.“We’ve been anxious to resolve that murder, and we are finally able to do that.”
Two other Vagos members, whom Imes declined to identify, were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder for their roles in firing multiple gunshots at a vehicle occupied by several people on a Hesperia street.
“We believe [the shooting] was a retaliation for a high-ranking member’s relative being disrespected,” Imes said.
In addition to their green outfits, Vagos wear patches with the image of Loki, the Norse god of mischief.
Last week, 10 people associated with the group – including the leader of the Northern California Vagos – pleaded guilty to possessing firearms and conspiracy to sell methamphetamine.
Next Sunday

Upper Marlboro, MD

#4190 Dec 14, 2008
Done Playing wrote:
<quoted text>
See you next Sunday, just because I can. I'll be posting here every Sunday just to show you that the only thing you run is your mouth. I am not any where close to your age granny, nice try though. Is this visiting day at the prison?
Once again your threats are empty, like your head. I am not afraid of you or any of your gang friends. What are you going to do shot me in the back, like your boy was convicted of?
The facts speak for themselves, your boy was convicted of murder.
You say you know the name of the real killer, a lie.
You said I would be having some gang members paying me a visit soon, a lie.
You said that you spent 45 minutes with a lawyer and that you were suing me, a lie.
You said that you were never posting here again out of respect for the family of your boys victim, a lie.
You said that I would not be posting here anymore, a lie.
Your word means nothing. I use to just think that you're "Half Wit." I finally realized a few weeks ago that you are insane. You can't possibly even think before you speak. You are a proven liar here and a whack job.
After the last BS lie you told about having me thrown off this post, I am surprised that you'd even show your face around here again. You don't have a shred of self respect.
The fact is your boy was convicted of a gang related murder and you claiming his innocence and knowing who the real killer is, well that's just one of your many lies. You're a sad pathetic pathological liar.
A Vagos Motorcycle gang member was found guilty Wednesday of the 2004 murder of an Apple Valley man.
Daniel Lee Foreman, 30, of Apple Valley faces 50 year to life in prison for the murder of James Gavin during a botched robbery.
The jury deliberated for six days before finding Foreman guilty of murder, assault with a firearm, attempted residential robbery and 1st degree burglary as well as finding numerous special allegations to be true.
“Given the nature of the evidence and the nature of the witnesses, I felt confident that there would be a guilty verdict,” said Deputy District Attorney Brit Imes, who prosecuted the case.“But how it ultimately played out was unsure.”
In 2004, Foreman and Ryan Matteson, 31, both of Apple Valley entered a house in the 11900 block of Manzana Road holding Gavin and another man at gunpoint.
Gavin, 43, of Apple Valley made a break for the door and Foreman shot him in the back piercing his heart and killing him.
During Foreman’s trial, Matteson pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and attempted burglary in exchange for key testimony against Foreman.
Matteson testified that Foreman fired the shot that killed Gavin.
The bullet that killed Gavin also struck the arm of Jessica Brown, 49, who was entering the residence as Gavin was headed for the door.
Foreman’s sentencing is set for Jan., 28.
Matteson was given 13 years in prison as part of his plea agreement.
Do they have Christmas in prison? Maybe the Vagos gang can give some cheap toys to children of their victims.See you all next Sunday.
mary jane

Temecula, CA

#4191 Dec 18, 2008
Someone please name an organized group who has not committed a socialy unacceptable or evn criminal act. Catholic priest rapes an alter boy...catholics still go to church. Horses abused mamed and slaughtered on the race track in the name of monetary acheivments and its still on espn.... stop focusing on a group... there is violence, death, anger, rape, theft, and "nasty" everywhere...also beauty, compassion and good intentions...often times intertwined...seriously focus on something worthwhile...you guys are stupid
Valkyrie

Corona, CA

#4192 Dec 19, 2008
Jeri, CAP, Deereyes, Shooter, Reality, And I hope I didn't miss any one. Just in case any of you are going out of town for the Holidays I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy, Healthy, and prosperous New Year. Please be safe out on the roads. Ipray to God to bless you all. I hope you get what you want! Lots of L&R, Valkyrie
LoCCs

Las Vegas, NV

#4193 Dec 20, 2008
ATTENTION!!!!! many people wondering were Jeri Foreman is! Jeri Foreman has left us. She passed away last frieday morning. She was a WONDERFUL woman and will be missed. I know a few of you were close with her and for more info regaurding this matter please contact me at kylemosser@fastmail.com Thank you
LoCCs

Las Vegas, NV

#4194 Dec 20, 2008
ATTENTION!!!!! many people wondering were Jeri Foreman is! Jeri Foreman has left us. She passed away last frieday morning. She was a WONDERFUL woman and will be missed. I know a few of you were close with her and for more info regaurding this matter please contact me at kylemosser@fastmail.com Thank you

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4195 Dec 21, 2008
LoCCs wrote:
Is this true?????
Truth and Justice

Upper Marlboro, MD

#4196 Dec 21, 2008
UC Girl wrote:
<quoted text>Is this true?????
I don't know, let's hope not.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4197 Dec 21, 2008
Truth and Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, let's hope not.
I'm living in Indiana now but i went to all the local newspapers there in the high desert & i didn't find any obits. on Jeri! If this is a joke - thats a pretty sick one. I hope its not true but I did email that guy. I havent gotten a response yet but i think its only 7am your time its 10am my time.
Truth and Justice

Upper Marlboro, MD

#4198 Dec 21, 2008
UC Girl wrote:
<quoted text>I'm living in Indiana now but i went to all the local newspapers there in the high desert & i didn't find any obits. on Jeri! If this is a joke - thats a pretty sick one. I hope its not true but I did email that guy. I havent gotten a response yet but i think its only 7am your time its 10am my time.
I don't think anyone who posts here is messed up enough to lie about something like this, but I do hope it's lie.

Without Jeri this thread is dead. Just in case this is true I am taking a break from posting any stupid stuff.

I don't have the ability to hate people and don't want to see anyone die. Of course she's not a friend of mine, but I never wish death on any one.

We can all hope it's not true and say a prayer for Jeri.
CAP

Anniston, AL

#4199 Dec 21, 2008
Valkyrie, I know you have contact with Jeri, please tell us this isn't rue.
Valkyrie

Corona, CA

#4200 Dec 21, 2008
CAP wrote:
Valkyrie, I know you have contact with Jeri, please tell us this isn't rue.
Cap in truth I really don't know. I haven't heard from her in weeks. I have been really worried my self. I pray that this is not true. I will have lost a truely great friend, and person in my life! This has truely bummed me out. Some please call and let me know if this ie the trueth. I mean her family call. They know Jeri has my number! I truely pray that this is just a sick joke. L&R Valkytie

Since: Jul 08

Georgetown, PA

#4201 Dec 21, 2008
Valkyrie

Corona, CA

#4202 Dec 21, 2008
ATTENTION PLEASE! This is very hard for me to say but I have comfirmed that Jeri Foreman did pass away. I just got off the phone talking to the family. Friends we have lost a truely great friend and person. She will truely be missed. The services were yesterday. My Love and prayers go out to her family. I know she is in a far better place then here. She went in her sleep. I pray that I can go as easily. I fell that God truely blessed all of us with her presence. Lots of L&R to you all. For CAP, Deereyes, Shooter, Godzilla, Reality, and Lashawn. I know she had great respect for you all. Valkyrie
CAP

Anniston, AL

#4203 Dec 21, 2008
I have tried several times to respond to your message Valkyrie, I am at a loss for words, my heart feels so heavy, so sad. Jeri was obviously a very vibrant woman and such a fighter for what she believed was right. The love she had for her family was no apparant, how they must be in such pain. I am so sorry to hear she is no longer with us physically. I know she is with us in spirt. May God bless her family and all who cared for her. May God Bless all of you on this thread, and I do mean all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Havasu City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yucca Music Thread (Aug '15) Jan 15 Musikologist 6
Desert Hills Music Forum (Nov '12) Jan 10 Musikologist 15
Review: Lake Havasu Black Belt Academy (Aug '13) Jan 2 LHC152 7
Rhodes Development (Mar '06) Dec '17 SOPR 12,332
FBI, US Marshals cracking down on nudity, inclu... (Sep '15) Nov '17 Bone Appa Teat 14
New here (May '17) Nov '17 Then Came Bronson 11
living in lake havasu city (Apr '07) Sep '17 Paul Staudt 184

Lake Havasu City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Havasu City Mortgages