Hot Springs man pleads guilty to fata...

Hot Springs man pleads guilty to fatal shootings of adult, teen in 2016

There are 25 comments on the NWAonline story from Oct 30, 2018, titled Hot Springs man pleads guilty to fatal shootings of adult, teen in 2016. In it, NWAonline reports that:

The first of two men charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the 2016 deaths of an adult and teen in separate shootings pleaded guilty Monday and was sentenced to 40 years in prison. Anthony James Camden, 25, of Hot Springs, who was set to stand trial Thursday in Garland County Circuit Court, pleaded guilty to both murder counts and was sentenced to 40 years in prison on each.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NWAonline.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Guns Kill

United States

#1 Nov 6, 2018
Hand out more guns.
Users kill not the gun

Benton, AR

#2 Nov 6, 2018
Guns Kill wrote:
Hand out more guns.
True for lawful citizens. For those who have a criminal history, NO. For those who are illegal aliens, NO. For those who can't pass a simple IQ test, NO. For those who are diagnosed with tendencies of unbridled anger, who are bi-polar, schizo, etc.. NO. For those who sell to these types of people, plenty of jail time.
Mothers Against Guns

United States

#3 Nov 6, 2018
Users kill not the gun wrote:
<quoted text>True for lawful citizens. For those who have a criminal history, NO. For those who are illegal aliens, NO. For those who can't pass a simple IQ test, NO. For those who are diagnosed with tendencies of unbridled anger, who are bi-polar, schizo, etc.. NO. For those who sell to these types of people, plenty of jail time.
Tell that to the people who are six feet under.
DadsForResponsib leGunUse

Benton, AR

#4 Nov 6, 2018
Mothers Against Guns wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the people who are six feet under.

Your comment makes no sense
Mothers Against Guns

United States

#5 Nov 6, 2018
DadsForResponsibleGunUse wrote:
<quoted text>Your comment makes no sense
It makes perfect sense. You are blind.
DadsForCommonSen se

Benton, AR

#6 Nov 7, 2018
Mothers Against Guns wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes perfect sense. You are blind.
Nope, 2020 vision here, you just don't know how to write to make sense. The guns don't shoot by themselves, it takes someone to pull the trigger, and those who shoot people senselessly are the ones who need to be stopped. However, if they buy guns illegally from other law breakers, it is tough to enforce gun rules. If guns are taken from law-abiding citizens, we would be at the mercy of those who don't follow the laws and common decency. What is there about that makes it difficult for you to understand.
Guns Kill

United States

#7 Nov 7, 2018
DadsForCommonSense wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, 2020 vision here, you just don't know how to write to make sense. The guns don't shoot by themselves, it takes someone to pull the trigger, and those who shoot people senselessly are the ones who need to be stopped. However, if they buy guns illegally from other law breakers, it is tough to enforce gun rules. If guns are taken from law-abiding citizens, we would be at the mercy of those who don't follow the laws and common decency. What is there about that makes it difficult for you to understand.
You are another person living in your own imaginary world. Destroy your precious guns!
GetAClue

Benton, AR

#8 Nov 7, 2018
Guns Kill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are another person living in your own imaginary world. Destroy your precious guns!
You sound like Hitler, take the guns away from law abiding citizens so they can't defend themselves. Then destroy people who don't support you once you gain control. Yep yep... you have no clue, do you
Buster Kidnee

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#9 Nov 7, 2018
Don't, know, don't care about the whole gun issue. But I will tell you that broad locally, Jan Morgan, who ran for governor and has the range around here, is a smokin hot gun totin hottie! Check out her pics. Anyone know if she's single, or gets out and about, if you get my drift?
CommonSenseDad

Benton, AR

#10 Nov 7, 2018
Buster Kidnee wrote:
Don't, know, don't care about the whole gun issue. But I will tell you that broad locally, Jan Morgan, who ran for governor and has the range around here, is a smokin hot gun totin hottie! Check out her pics. Anyone know if she's single, or gets out and about, if you get my drift?
You'd be surprised how many women are carrying guns today. One never knows when some pot head tries to carjack a woman they think is defenseless, or try to steal their purse, or worse. Both my daughters are in their 20s, they both are licensed to carry and they are excellent shots. We know a lady who is in her 70s, still runs her own ranch just outside of town, and she definitely carries her gun any time she comes to HS. Any guy who thinks she's an easy target will be in a world of hurt... LOL by the way, Jan is a very hot woman, but I don't know her, but I don't think I'd mess with her if she said "get outta my face".... I'd say "yes maam" and back up in a hurry.... and enjoy the view from a distance.

“This Better Be Good”

Since: Feb 18

Location hidden

#11 Nov 7, 2018
GetAClue wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like Hitler, take the guns away from law abiding citizens so they can't defend themselves. Then destroy people who don't support you once you gain control. Yep yep... you have no clue, do you
Oh yes the village is full of dangerous criminals! Defend yourself against whom?
Terrance Dean

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#12 Nov 7, 2018
Users kill not the gun wrote:
<quoted text>

True for lawful citizens. For those who have a criminal history, NO. For those who are illegal aliens, NO. For those who can't pass a simple IQ test, NO. For those who are diagnosed with tendencies of unbridled anger, who are bi-polar, schizo, etc.. NO. For those who sell to these types of people, plenty of jail time.
No to weapons of mass destruction ... bump Stocks and the like.
NoteToTheClueles sOne

Benton, AR

#13 Nov 8, 2018
Zandra with a Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes the village is full of dangerous criminals! Defend yourself against whom?
News flash... they were talking primarily about HS... the shootings happened in HS, people from the Village to to HS, but they are not protected by the idiots who live in HS. Wake up, there wasn't anything said about the Village in these posts... all are related to crime everywhere, not just the Village... and there is no guarantee that a loose nut visiting someone in the Village couldn't go after someone less able to defend themselves. Even the churches inside the Village have stepped up security for Sundays, church activity after hours, etc. For those not prepared, they are defenseless against someone who might decide to harm them. some people !!!!
Guns Kill

United States

#14 Nov 8, 2018
NoteToTheCluelessOne wrote:
<quoted text>News flash... they were talking primarily about HS... the shootings happened in HS, people from the Village to to HS, but they are not protected by the idiots who live in HS. Wake up, there wasn't anything said about the Village in these posts... all are related to crime everywhere, not just the Village... and there is no guarantee that a loose nut visiting someone in the Village couldn't go after someone less able to defend themselves. Even the churches inside the Village have stepped up security for Sundays, church activity after hours, etc. For those not prepared, they are defenseless against someone who might decide to harm them. some people !!!!
One excuse after another with people like you. Destroy your guns!
HistoryRepeatsIt self

Benton, AR

#15 Nov 8, 2018
Guns Kill wrote:
<quoted text>
One excuse after another with people like you. Destroy your guns!
People like us are the reason you can make idiotic comments like you have been making. Guns are used for hunting, for protection, for our military to protect our country, for our police to protect citizens, etc. Actually, no sense in trying to reason with someone like you, so blather away and keep making those empty pop bottle sounds when the wind blows across them. Feel sorry for you, whoever you are.
Guns Kill

United States

#16 Nov 8, 2018
HistoryRepeatsItself wrote:
<quoted text>People like us are the reason you can make idiotic comments like you have been making. Guns are used for hunting, for protection, for our military to protect our country, for our police to protect citizens, etc. Actually, no sense in trying to reason with someone like you, so blather away and keep making those empty pop bottle sounds when the wind blows across them. Feel sorry for you, whoever you are.
It's unnecessary for citizens to own guns. Destroy your guns now!
HistoryRepeatsIt self

Benton, AR

#17 Nov 9, 2018
Guns Kill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unnecessary for citizens to own guns. Destroy your guns now!
Switzerland requires all citizens to own a gun, and has for centuries. In addition, Switzerland has the lowest homicide rate in the world and has for a long time.
Our country would not be in existence today had the citizens not owned guns... as stated before, guns are used for hunting, for protection of self, home, property, and freedom. The problem is too many criminal elements are loose on our streets (thanks for our very liberal court system and the bleeding heart liberals) and they are the ones who are using guns for all the wrong reasons. Some people need to grow up, whoever Guns Kill is, along with others who think guns are the problem... it's the people who misuse guns, just like anything else that is misused... that's the problem
ObeyTheLaws

Benton, AR

#18 Nov 9, 2018
<quoted text>

Switzerland requires all citizens to own a gun, and has for centuries. In addition, Switzerland has the lowest homicide rate in the world and has for a long time.
Our country would not be in existence today had the citizens not owned guns... as stated before, guns are used for hunting, for protection of self, home, property, and freedom. The problem is too many criminal elements are loose on our streets (thanks for our very liberal court system and the bleeding heart liberals) and they are the ones who are using guns for all the wrong reasons. Some people need to grow up, whoever Guns Kill is, along with others who think guns are the problem... it's the people who misuse guns, just like anything else that is misused... that's the problem
By the way, the two who were doing the shooting were not suppose to have weapons in the first place. Since their records would show they were not to own a weapon, they had to get them from outside the law... there's your problem... if you want to have a mission to do something, go after those who break the law by circumventing the system and supplying guns to those who aren't suppose to have them. If you have seen the pictures of these two, you might just get a clue. If they didn't have a gun, they would probably kill with a knife, if not a knife, then a metal rod, etc.. these guys (and gals) who are intent on criminal activities will kill regardless. For my protection (and my family), I want my licensed gun handy.
M.A.G.

United States

#19 Nov 9, 2018
<quoted text>Switzerland requires all citizens to own a gun, and has for centuries. In addition, Switzerland has the lowest homicide rate in the world and has for a long time.
We are not living in Switzerland. The only thing your guns are good for is collecting dust. You need to wake up and destroy your guns now!

(M.A.G. Mother Against Guns)
HSV area residents

Benton, AR

#20 Nov 9, 2018
[QUOTE who="M.A.G."]<quo ted text>
We are not living in Switzerland. The only thing your guns are good for is collecting dust. You need to wake up and destroy your guns now!

(M.A.G. Mother Against Guns)

[/QUOTE]

You missed the point, which is not surprising. However, no dust on my guns as I practice weekly, along with the rest of my family, plus we clean our guns on a regular basis. As the scouting world states... BE PREPARED which means you are always in a state of readiness in mind and body to do your DUTY to protect family, home, city, state, country, etc. Bless your little pointed head..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Hamilton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is going on with Dean and Rogers? 10 hr DEE 2
Part time job? 21 hr EMS 1
Who would win in a fight? Mon Spa City Queen 9
Troopers Dec 5 Jake 1
How will Ty's latest run in with the law.. Dec 3 Kenny 3
Jan morgan Nov 30 Guest 8
Miranda Collier Nov 30 Guest 4

Lake Hamilton Jobs

Personal Finance

Lake Hamilton Mortgages