Trend: more Wisconsin teachers take jobs ov...

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTAQ-AM Green Bay

UNDATED Growing numbers of Wisconsin educators are finding success and respect overseas.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Milw TaXpayer

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 29, 2012
 
Good, Glad they are helping out foreign countries.
That will open up more jobs here in Wisconsin. All you teachers who need jobs get you applications in. You only have to work 9 months out of the year.
Black Jack Lanza

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Milw TaXpayer wrote:
Good, Glad they are helping out foreign countries.
That will open up more jobs here in Wisconsin. All you teachers who need jobs get you applications in. You only have to work 9 months out of the year.
4 to 8 years of college for a 35K starting pay job - And no it’s not 3 months off work. Maybe 6-7 weeks. My CEO neighbor is off far more than that. In any case my brother makes more driving a fork lift at Libby’s. Who really wants to be a teacher in Wisconsin anymore? 5,000 Wisconsin teachers have left their job this year - 2.5 times the average. That’s fine; we’ll downgrade our schools, lower expectations, and lower teacher requirements. After all, we can send the kids to the now tax payer funded religious schools, where teacher requirements are REALLY low, and they basically ignore science. The GOP’s long term plan – Keep ‘m dumb!
Milw TaXpayer

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1


Nobody is forcing anyone to take a teaching job.
How can you downgrade a failure like the MPS

Here some info from the Milwaukee J/S

A new study comparing reading skills of fourth- and eighth-grade children in 18 urban school systems once again places Milwaukee Public Schools near the bottom of the ladder, a pattern of underachievement that gave voice to worries Thursday about the future of Milwaukee's children and calls - yet again - for a greater sense of urgency to improve.

In a set of national reading tests, Milwaukee's fourth-graders outperformed only Detroit, Cleveland and Philadelphia, while its eighth-graders outperformed only Detroit, Fresno, Calif., and Washington, D.C., according to the results of the Trial Urban District Assessment, a special project of the National Assessment of Educational Progress.

This is the first time that Milwaukee Public Schools participated in the reading tests for the urban districts. Last year, results from the math tests also carried bad news for MPS, which did better than only Detroit at the eighth-grade level

Yea, lets downgrade......to what last place below Detroit.
Now don't go spouting off about how if they had better pay, more benifits we would get better teachers...that is just liberal union BS.
Pepper Gomez

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Milw TaXpayer wrote:
Nobody is forcing anyone to take a teaching job.
How can you downgrade a failure like the MPS
Here some info from the Milwaukee J/S
A new study comparing reading skills of fourth- and eighth-grade children in 18 urban school systems once again places Milwaukee Public Schools near the bottom of the ladder, a pattern of underachievement that gave voice to worries Thursday about the future of Milwaukee's children and calls - yet again - for a greater sense of urgency to improve.
In a set of national reading tests, Milwaukee's fourth-graders outperformed only Detroit, Cleveland and Philadelphia, while its eighth-graders outperformed only Detroit, Fresno, Calif., and Washington, D.C., according to the results of the Trial Urban District Assessment, a special project of the National Assessment of Educational Progress.
This is the first time that Milwaukee Public Schools participated in the reading tests for the urban districts. Last year, results from the math tests also carried bad news for MPS, which did better than only Detroit at the eighth-grade level
Yea, lets downgrade......to what last place below Detroit.
Now don't go spouting off about how if they had better pay, more benifits we would get better teachers...that is just liberal union BS.
The GOP obviously has no clue how to improve the school system. Your points are mute! http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sh... http://www.cato.org/multimedia/daily-podcast/...
Milw TaXpayer

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Pepper Gomez wrote:
<quoted text> The GOP obviously has no clue how to improve the school system. Your points are mute! http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sh... http://www.cato.org/multimedia/daily-podcast/...
The GOP has nothing to do with the school system! I would think the school board has to be the one to handle it!
PR and Proud

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 31, 2012
 
"THE GOP has nothing to with the school system..."

What an interesting statement. No, it's not interesting... it's inflammatory. How in the world can the GOP have nothing to do with the school system? Have there never been Republican officials working in our school system or controlling our local government? The school board doesn't govern itself, and I'm pretty sure the board is made up of Democrat and Republican voting people. If you don't think their leanings inform their decisions, you are part of the problem.
Milw TaXpayer

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 2, 2012
 
PR and Proud wrote:
"THE GOP has nothing to with the school system..."
What an interesting statement. No, it's not interesting... it's inflammatory. How in the world can the GOP have nothing to do with the school system? Have there never been Republican officials working in our school system or controlling our local government? The school board doesn't govern itself, and I'm pretty sure the board is made up of Democrat and Republican voting people. If you don't think their leanings inform their decisions, you are part of the problem.
The school board does govern itself, once elected they handle things. While their backgrounds may influence them I doubt the Republican or Democratic party really get involed in local school board issues.
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 3, 2012
 
Milw TaXpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
The school board does govern itself, once elected they handle things. While their backgrounds may influence them I doubt the Republican or Democratic party really get involed in local school board issues.
Credit to you for coming halfway clean. But the school board doesn't raise funds to run its schools. Like it or not, therein you'll find the rub.

Come now, I don't know how many times I've read posts from you blaming one Party for what's wrong with our school system.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake Geneva Discussions

Search the Lake Geneva Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 23 hr Jaimie 6,972
25 Years Ago: Skid Row Release Their First Album Fri METAL SECRETS OF MAYHEM 2
honey bear farm (Jul '08) Jul 8 Wondering 25
wisconsin werewolf sightings...hard to believe! (May '11) Jul 6 charles 59
Catholic Corruption Jun 23 Jim Dandy 8
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jun 12 Slam 449
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun 12 Judge 88
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lake Geneva Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lake Geneva People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lake Geneva News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake Geneva
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••