Lake Geneva robbery suspect dead afte...

Lake Geneva robbery suspect dead after chase

There are 36 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 10, 2008, titled Lake Geneva robbery suspect dead after chase. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A gas station holdup in Walworth County leads to a deadly chase. Authorities say two suspects robbed the Handi Mart on Highway H in Lake Geneva Tuesday night, then took off in a vehicle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just me

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Dec 10, 2008
I agree. I am sure there will be some lib's on here now saying how wrong it was for the cops to chase these thugs, but I say "too bad"
JakChik

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Dec 10, 2008
All's well that ends well. HAR HAR HAR!

Since: Apr 08

Currently in MN. Orig. from NJ

#7 Dec 10, 2008
Another gun off the streets...

Too bad the other one didn't fall thru the ice.

“Noses run and feet smell”

Since: Dec 08

Compton CA

#8 Dec 10, 2008
How much cash can a gas staion really have? i cant imagine a few thousand is worth taking your life? dang holidays in this economy are tough. what people will do to get a little extra cash.

And for the record, anyone who thinks its a good idea to rob a bank, you only get a max of 2 or 3 thousand and WHEN your caught, you will get a minimum of 5 years. So YOU decide if its worth it.
unknown

United States

#9 Dec 10, 2008
I can't believe the disgust I'm reading! Yes, It's horrible what they did. But, he had a family whom is a good friend of ours. This is a very sad story. You have no idea what their family is going through, they just lost their son. To be happy about someone's death is so sick!
unknown

Evanston, IL

#13 Dec 10, 2008
although robbery is a crime- taking a life is terrible.. no one should think that is a good thing. Please remember that each person had family and friends who are grieving.
Also remember that no one knows the story behind any act.. good or bad
Britney Channelle

Genoa City, WI

#14 Dec 11, 2008
i think u guys r crazy. how could you pride upon ones death. thats very wrong. i dont know who it was who did it yet but for all i know it could have been my brother who died. hes been missing. it doesnt make it right because its my brother but at least this person could have been locked up instead of causing greif on alot of people. think about what you say. these people could have been apart of your family
A family friend

Farmington, MI

#15 Dec 11, 2008
Just imagine how you would feel if you had a child that was in trouble, got scared, ran, and when all hope seemed lost...senselessly took his own life.
This was the child of my friends and the sorrow and grief that they are feeling should never be felt by a parent.
Please think before spewing hatred for someone you never knew.
JakChik

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Dec 11, 2008
A family friend wrote:
Just imagine how you would feel if you had a child that was in trouble, got scared, ran, and when all hope seemed lost...senselessly took his own life.
This was the child of my friends and the sorrow and grief that they are feeling should never be felt by a parent.
Please think before spewing hatred for someone you never knew.
I sympathize with the hard working underpaid cashier at the gas station who was terrorized by these two degenerates. How would you feel if your child's life was threatened by a gun wielding punk? Please think before you post your nonsense.
A family friend

Farmington, MI

#18 Dec 11, 2008
JakChik wrote:
<quoted text>
I sympathize with the hard working underpaid cashier at the gas station who was terrorized by these two degenerates. How would you feel if your child's life was threatened by a gun wielding punk? Please think before you post your nonsense.
I would be scared, angry, and relieved that they were safe. I would feel outraged that someone had threatened their lives. But I would never, never laugh at a teenager's death (suicide or otherwise)
jbibbs

Orlando, FL

#19 Dec 11, 2008
the guys name is clayton c boone
Grizzly Adams

Waconia, MN

#21 Dec 11, 2008
JakChik wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on! This worthless POS could have killed some poor innocent person just trying to make an honest buck. Obviously these clueless bleeding heart idiots have never had their lives threatened or they would be singing a different tune.
Allknowing

Prairie Du Sac, WI

#22 Dec 11, 2008
You have no idea what this boy's family has been through with him and the demons he has fought. He made a horrible mistake and saw no way out but to take his life. How tragic. As the parent of a child with mental illnesses, I see my own child in this picture and it makes me terribly fearful. If you have a child, pray with all your might that he or she never EVER has to deal with mental illness. It's completely misunderstood, underfunded, and the misguided butt of sick jokes and sicker people who think they can judge based on very few FACTS. Pray your family never is touched by the horrible disease of mental unwellness.

And his name is NOT Clayton C. Boone, you idiot.
Nope

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Dec 11, 2008
One dead the other in jail. Great story!!!!!!
Jo S

Chicago, IL

#24 Dec 12, 2008
I am this young man's aunt. The story is incredibly tragic; a young man from a supportive, non-abusive, loving family who had problems over the years, but no history of this kind of criminal violence. The young man that he was with, the young man who was apprehended, does have a criminal history and I believe was previously in jail.
How my nephew got involved in this plot is unclear. We may never know what happened those last days; why he flamed out in such a horrendous way.
Armed robbery is a horrible thing. My fiance's store was robbed last year and his employees were badly shaken. I actually understand the sentiments of some people here. If there is anything to be thankful for, it is that these boys didn't kill somebody... either during the robbery or later during the car chase.
But the personal tragedy of this young man is completely senseless and his family's grief is overwhelming.
unknown

Salem, OH

#25 Dec 12, 2008
JakChik wrote:
<quoted text>
I happened to work at that same gas station ans was robbed 10 years ago. I tois a very scary situation. What happens in seconds felt like hours. I do feel that the young boy shouldn't of killed himself, but should of dealt with consquences. I do feel for the parents, the worker who was terrorized. But no one knows what goes on that causes someone to do such a thing. The person who robbed me was the boyfriend of some I knew. The only reason why I was hit was because I wasn't busy. My heart does go out to the family ans now his friend I hope learned a valuable lesson.
Rohrix

United States

#26 Dec 12, 2008
I knew both of them personally, and I am disgusted at the stupidity of them both. What a damn fool.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#27 Dec 12, 2008
Allknowing wrote:
You have no idea what this boy's family has been through with him and the demons he has fought. He made a horrible mistake and saw no way out but to take his life. How tragic. As the parent of a child with mental illnesses, I see my own child in this picture and it makes me terribly fearful. If you have a child, pray with all your might that he or she never EVER has to deal with mental illness. It's completely misunderstood, underfunded, and the misguided butt of sick jokes and sicker people who think they can judge based on very few FACTS. Pray your family never is touched by the horrible disease of mental unwellness.
And his name is NOT Clayton C. Boone, you idiot.
While I appreciate your feelings regarding people suffering from the terrible effects of mental illness, it is more tragic that a sane, hard working person (cashier) has been terrorized by someone that was mentally unstable.

Underfunded? Now that is ironic. We pour millions of tax dollars into state hospitals.

Really, as heartbreaking as it is, isn't he better off now? Isn't the family better off in the long run. And before you lay your "you don't know what it's like" schtick on me, I will tell you I work with people that have mental illnesses, among other things.

Everyone can have some peace now after the grieving is done.
JakChik

Waconia, MN

#28 Dec 13, 2008
Allknowing wrote:
If you have a child, pray with all your might that he or she never EVER has to deal with mental illness. Pray your family never is touched by the horrible disease of mental unwellness.
And especially pray that you or anyone else ever has to be a victim of a dangerous mentally ill person.
unknown

Naperville, IL

#32 Dec 13, 2008
You people have no idea what the entire story is, all of you need to seriously keep your opinions to yourself. This family is going through a great deal of pain and hurt. Why do you have to post these mean comments that his family and friends are reading. Yes, thank God they didn't hurt any innocent people, but you are all worse then them, you are hurting his innocent friends and family. They know what he did was wrong, that doesn't make it ok to bash someone who is not with us anymore. You should all think before you speak and stop hurting this family. They have been through more than enough hurt. You never know what road your lives will go down, so until you are in that place don't judge. There is only one person who is responsible for judging all of us, and it is not you guys. Be a human beings and leave this family alone already!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Geneva Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Second weddings Aug '17 Amnesiac 1
News Public record for June 7, 2017 (Jun '17) Jun '17 MilwaukeeBroke 2
News Damaged but defiant, Trump limps toward debate ... (Oct '16) Jun '17 WelbyMD 207
News Area man arrested in fatality (Sep '11) May '17 Itsjustme 8
school board members overstepping (Aug '16) Mar '17 Every Life Matters 4
GET Medications (Mar '17) Mar '17 ghyui 1
News Feb. 2 officer-involved shooting is eighth in W... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Every Life Matters 1

Lake Geneva Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Geneva Mortgages