AP Exclusive: Union members appointed...

AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10,000 donation

There are 7581 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 3, 2008, titled AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10,000 donation. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Two members of an elevator installers union were appointed to a new state elevator-safety board about the time their local gave a $10,000 campaign contribution to Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Stomach Ache

Kansas City, MO

#7328 May 3, 2012
Jocco wrote:
How about John Aubin the mechanic that retired from the University Of Illinois at Chicago that is getting a pension of $8800 after taxes a month? Now hes back at the university working for Smart Elevator full time building that pension up? Maybe this wouldnt be so bad if there wasnt so many guys on the bench. But why isnt his brither Ed saying "John this doesn't look good. Members are losing houses. Retire already, your 63!" Oh well food for thought!
Talk about food for thought that just makes me sick unbeilevable who is this guy and why is he so impotant is he good I never heard of this Aubin he must be some kind of well liked and very good troublahoter i wuld love to meet this man al I can say is unbelivable im gonna go chok myself look wat local two has become
Eagle

Urbana, IL

#7329 May 3, 2012
Stomach Ache wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about food for thought that just makes me sick unbeilevable who is this guy and why is he so impotant is he good I never heard of this Aubin he must be some kind of well liked and very good troublahoter i wuld love to meet this man al I can say is unbelivable im gonna go chok myself look wat local two has become
It is bad enough to use an elderly woman and her pet, now you are involving a small child. Be Careful of the world you are actually creating. Endangering a child for money is the most disgusting thing I can imagine. Unfortunately it was paid or played out in my yard tonight. How much is your freedoms worth? You are very close to discovering the price you will pay, along with the children in your care. They are watching, listening, and learning everything you are doing. Please stop. If not for yourself, then at least for them.
Balls

Chicago, IL

#7330 May 4, 2012
Didn't the hall go after Thompson for something like this? Thompson was basically trying to make a little money and they went after him like he just robbed local 2's office. This guy sounds like he cashing in big time. But yet no flags are thrown up because who hes related to? This just doesnt seem fair during this time when do many people are unemployed.
Stalkers

United States

#7331 May 4, 2012
A union is a pretty straight forward operation. You pay dues , you get the benefits of a agreement that is bargained for the collective whole. When outside influences start making changes it becomes very obvious. When threats are made it becomes even more obvious. When your privacy is invaded it speaks even more.
Mosh pit

United States

#7332 May 4, 2012
Someone stole my underwear! I think don is wearing them now
Rocker

United States

#7333 May 4, 2012
What color were they?
Stupid

Oak Forest, IL

#7334 May 4, 2012
Walks like a duck Talks like a duck .
Ciminal Enterprising IUEC

AOL

#7336 May 5, 2012
All the rights secured to the citizens under the Constitution are worth nothing, and a mere bubble, except guaranteed to them by an independent and virtuous Judiciary.

Andrew Jackson

Take notice of the four last words!
Will Warrant Squad

United States

#7337 May 5, 2012
Baby Hawk have you turned yourself in on that DUI warrant yet? I heard the State's Attorney is waiting to set up a court date. You know what they say Baby Hawk, DUI number three and you won't go free. If your old man wasnt such a jag your warrant I wouldnt flag
drink drink

Bolingbrook, IL

#7338 May 5, 2012
little bird brain , did you say ? and do you mean will county warrant divison in joliet ? will be sure to drop a line. cage that cock sucker and to bad the old drunk mad cycle team side kick aka terry the rumhead... is still sucken air...but what is very funny is page 10 in mays constructor what a photo the little prick and the blimp ed da"poo aka no neck were in the hell is his neck?and brigham same page the hollywood swinger that dude is ready for the sand box or the old folks bed down ranch.
Ciminal Enterprising IUEC

AOL

#7339 May 6, 2012
Talk about Doubling Down ! The international is all in! They are betting on frank. Franks international status and and being a BM of local 2 in Chicago has allowed him to get the leverage he needs on General President Dana Brigham. Why would he give him another international title ? Frank is no leader by any means. Making a local corrupt he is very good at, plus spending the locals money on frivolous lawsuits. So the Corruption Continues !
Hawk Tawk

United States

#7340 May 6, 2012
Enabling Criminal behavior must run in the family. Having a massive contempt for the law must also run in the family, be must really be Elite. Terry must be real proud. You know that pos that can dish it put but he can't take it.

When you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw bricks.
Did the

Maryland Heights, MO

#7341 May 7, 2012
Baby pigeon hawk have his wings clipped yet? I heard he's gonna have to do some time in the pigeon coop.
Frank Fan

United States

#7342 May 7, 2012
Will Warrant Squad wrote:
Baby Hawk have you turned yourself in on that DUI warrant yet? I heard the State's Attorney is waiting to set up a court date. You know what they say Baby Hawk, DUI number three and you won't go free. If your old man wasnt such a jag your warrant I wouldnt flag
Lynchpin you're a rotten human being to do this. You're the one who lives in a glass house. Anything coming from you is low class Pig Boy
On The Lamb

Chicago, IL

#7343 May 7, 2012
I heard Terry sent him to Colorado or was it Nebraska to avoid being held accountable.
Get off

Herndon, VA

#7344 May 8, 2012
Your knees frank fan it's disturbing that you defend a group that is still under criminal investigation for crimes against the local and individual members.
Criminal Mob

United States

#7345 May 8, 2012
I can remember hearing that an officer turned a member in for DUI but I didn't believe it now i do.

These officers will stop at nothing as you can see.

Officers who are under criminal investigation will say and do anything. Hey yous wanna Beef Samich. Yous se dat RICO yous tell hims to to go puck himself.
Bulletin Board

United States

#7346 May 8, 2012
Criminal Mob wrote:
I can remember hearing that an officer turned a member in for DUI but I didn't believe it now i do.
These officers will stop at nothing as you can see.
Officers who are under criminal investigation will say and do anything. Hey yous wanna Beef Samich. Yous se dat RICO yous tell hims to to go puck himself.
Yes it was about 10 years ago when this officer was on the e-board and pimped out this guy who started to hit on the same girl at Morettis after a union meeting.
Retire Into Poverty

Labelle, FL

#7348 May 9, 2012
So not only is IUEC under criminal investigation. But the members will retire into Poverty also. The officers on the otherhand will profit fully from the biased pension plan. I am convinced that the membership exists to pay for the lavish lifestyle and bloated pensions for the officers of IUEC!!!!!!

Iuec will not be a union until we have Member Ratification and real working Democracy. Not this collusive & Retaliatory & Hostile Environment for the members. IUEC is geared towards the officers & that is a fact !
Frank Fan

Fenton, MO

#7349 May 9, 2012
Whoa is me, you're making $48.56 an hour plus a $23.45 an hour benefit package. Who got this for you? The officers of both the International and Local 2. In that deal you have both a funded Annuity and Pension too. You have people with Masters Degrees not even getting close to what you're getting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Herber, Banker and Veteran, Dies (Jun '13) Jul 20 Swaite 2
Granite city rocks Jul 17 Liss 2
School of Rock Grand Opening July 15 in Liberty... Jul 13 Fred Kruger 2
Whos that girl Jul 13 im just saying 3
shoplifting romani king bronko bogdanov of nor... Jul 11 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
Philip Stahl Is A Idiots Jul 2 Real Fire Fighter 1
News Charles R. a Corka Walgreen III 1935 a " 2016 (Oct '16) Oct '16 happy61 2

Lake Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance