leave your comment here for - karlie ...
PRISON SLANG

United States

#84 Feb 23, 2013
1. All Day: A life sentence, as in “I’m doin' all day.”
2. All Day and a Night: Life without parole.
3. Back door parole: To die in prison.
4. Beef: 1. A criminal charge, as in “I caught a burglary beef in Philly.” 2. A problem with another convict, as in “I have a beef with that guy in Block D.”
5. Brake fluid: Psychiatric meds.
6. Bug: A prison staff member considered untrustworthy or unreliable.
7. Bug juice: Intoxicants or depressant drugs.
8. Buck Rogers Time:(early to mid 20th century) A parole or release date so far away that it's difficult to imagine.
9. Bum Beef: A false accusation/charge or wrongful conviction.
10. Cadillac: An inmate’s bunk. Also, Cadillac Job, an easy or enjoyable inmate work assignment.
11. Catch a ride: A request to a friend to get you high.
12. Cell Warrior: An inmate that puts on a tough front or runs their mouth when locked in their cell, but is submissive or cowardly when interacting with other prisoners in the open.
13. Chin Check: To punch another inmate in the jaw to see if he'll fight back.
14. Cowboy: A new correctional officer. Cowboy spelled backwards, is yobwoc, or a “young, obnoxious, bastard we often con.”
15. Dance on the blacktop: To get stabbed.
16. Diesel Therapy: A lengthy bus trip or transfer to a far away facility, or even an incorrect destination, used as punishment or to get rid of troublesome inmates.
17. Ding Wing: A prison’s psychiatric unit.
18. Dipping in the Kool Aid: Attempting to enter a conversation the person has no place in or is not welcome in.
19. Doing the Dutch Or the “Dutch Act,” to commit suicide.
20. Dry Snitching: To inform on another inmate indirectly by talking loudly about their actions or behaving suspiciously in front of correctional officers; supply general information to officers without naming names.
21. Duck: A correctional officer who reveals information about other officers or prison staff to inmates.
22. Fire on the Line: A warning—“correctional officer in the area.”
23. Ghetto Penthouse: The top tier of a cell block.
24. Four piece or four-piece suit: A full set of restraints, composed of handcuffs, leg irons and waist chain, and security boxes to cover the restraints’ key holes.
25. Grandma’s: Or Grandma’s House, a prison gang’s headquarters or meeting place, or the cell of the gang leader.
PRISON SLANG

United States

#85 Feb 23, 2013
26. Heat Wave: The attention brought to a group of inmates by the action of one or a few, as in “Joe and John got caught with contraband, and now the whole tier is going through a heat wave.”
27. Hold your mud: To resist informing or snitching even under threat of punishment or violence.
28. I got jigs: To keep look out or watch for officers, as in “I got jigs while you make that shank.”
29. In the car: In on a deal or a plan.
30. Jacket: 1. An inmate’s information file or rap sheet. 2. An inmate’s reputation among other prisoners.
31. Jack Mack: Canned mackerel or other fish available from the prison commissary. Can be used as currency with other inmates or placed in a sock and used as a weapon.
32. Jackrabbit Parole: To escape from a facility.
33. Juice Card: An inmate’s influence with guards or other prisoners.“He should have gone to the hole for that, but he’s got a juice card with one of the guards.”
34. Keister: To hide contraband in one’s rectum. Also known as “taking it to the hoop,”“putting it in the safe”and “packing the rabbit.”
35. Kite: A contraband letter.
36. Monkey Mouth: A prisoner who goes on and on about nothing.
37. Monster: HIV. Also known as “the Ninja.”
38. Ninja Turtles: Guards dressed in full riot gear. Also known as “hats and bats.”
39. No Smoke: To follow staff’s orders without resisting or causing any problems, as in “He let the guards search his cell, no smoke.”
40. On the Bumper: Trying to get “in the car.”
41. On the River: Time spent at the Louisiana State Penitentiary, which is surrounded on three sides by the Mississippi River. As in,“He did 20 years on the river.”
42. Peels: The orange jumpsuit uniforms worn by prisoners in some facilities.
43. Prison Wolf: An inmate who is normally straight on “the outside,” but engages in sexual activity with men while incarcerated.
44. Rabbit: An inmate who has a history of escape attempts or has plans to try to escape.
45. Ride with: To do favors for a fellow convict, often including sexual ones, in exchange for protection, contraband, prison currency, or commissary items.
46. Ride Leg: To be friendly with or suck up to staff in order to get favors.
47. Road Kill: Cigarette butts picked up from roadsides by prison work crew. They’re brought back to the facility and the collected tobacco is rerolled with toilet paper to smoke.
48. Stainless Steel Ride: Death by lethal injection.
49. Three Knee Deep: To stab someone so that they’re injured, but not killed, usually as a warning.
50. Wolf Tickets: To talk tough or challenge others, without any intent to back it up with action or violence, as in “He’s just selling wolf tickets.”
Lolly

United States

#87 Feb 23, 2013
“The hardest part about being a bartender is figuring out who is drunk or just stupid.”
Looks like you were the bartender that was drunk, stupid and will be doing hard time.
Some one

North Miami Beach, FL

#88 Feb 23, 2013
you people are sick and have no life .. how many of you drink and drive??? of course all of you will say i don't do that or will find a way for defending your selves.. put your self in her shoes.. she didn't wake up this morning and say .. ahhh i feel like hitting some one today with my car .. u all go out and party and have few drinks and u all drive back home .. but the difference is that u all are lucky that u didn't get involved in such an accident .. try to be mature people and instead of writing these stupied worthless comments just pray for both families .. i never said that what happened was right but IT WAS AN ACCIDENT that might happen to any of you.. NO one here knows WHOM she is or how she lives ..u all are judging her through what was told about her from the media which u all know that they say what ever will make a good story .. all of you have twitter , facebook and instegram and all of u post same tweets, pictures and comments daily as she did .. ill just ask u people to look at your lives first befor judging other people this bad
karen Austin

Indianapolis, IN

#89 Feb 23, 2013
Ashley wrote:
I was in jail this past weekend with Karlie for a DUI i got 2 yrs ago. She really is a sweet girl and I feel terrible for her! Yes, it does sound terrible what she did but I honestly believe it really was an accident! It's very unfortunate that the man died but it wasn't intentional or deliberate! She made an honest mistake and was scared! Theres so many people that commit DUI's or even hit and run's and it's just not fair that the media is making her out to be some horrible person when she really isn't! I can tell by talking with her this past weekend that shes genuinely sorry and regrets this ever happening! She could hardly say anything about it without crying. I really hope the judge doesn't slam her with some insane sentence and hope that everything is brought to light (ex, the man jay walking) it was dark! Maybe she didn't even see the man! I hope she gets a fair chance! Good luck Karlie! I'll be thinking about you and keep you in my prayers! Hope you see this!
- the girl with the HEAT tattoo
She ran away, with his blood and brains on her windshield! She evaded a witness who tried to stop
her. She was trying to get away with this, which says a lot about her character. She deserves
punishment for killing a man.
NOYB

Delray Beach, FL

#90 Feb 24, 2013
How can we help society?! By putting her in jail. The end.
It could have been you wrote:
How many of all of you can be honest to yourself and say honestly you have NEVER drink and drove: NO ONE CAN BE CLEAN, Have you all made mistakes or freaked out before, then why don't you start thinking that the same way that happened to her it could have happened to you. WITHOUT EXCUSING HER ACTIONS BUT BETWEEN ALL YOU PEOPLE CRUCIFYING HER THINK FOR YOURSELVES AND THINK HOW YOU CAN HELP IMPROVE SOCIETY AND THE NEW GENERATION TO DO THE RIGHT THING. Before judging put yourself in her shoes, perhaps new laws need to be in place to avoid tragedies like this. You are only doing harm by attacking her. What CAN WE DO TO IMPROVE. And my heart goes out to the Riccoletti Family and friends. RIP.
NOYB

Delray Beach, FL

#91 Feb 24, 2013
She was black out drunk, but some how stopped at her apartment, gave her keys to valet, and walked inside. GIVE ME A BREAK. I personally know her too, and this was a stupid move she could've prevented. PERIOD
Kapp0059 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not defending her, but she was blackout drunk. She didn't have the mental capacity to stop. Si sick of ignorant comments regarding alcoholism.
NOYB

Delray Beach, FL

#92 Feb 24, 2013
You're irrelevant and ignorant. All of this could've been prevented if she didn't make the choices she did. Making excuses for her is one of the main reasons society is the way it is. She needs to be put in jail for a long time, and while people drink, they take cabs or go with a friend. The whole, "She was blackout drunk, she didn't realize" just stfu. Someone who is belligerently drunk, and doesn't know what they're doing, would've passed out in front of their job, in the car, and would've killed themselves by running into a tree or building, before taking someone else's life. Instead, this YOUNG ADULT, took someone's life, drove to her apartment (which if you're so drunk, how the hell do you know exactly where your apartment is), hand your keys to the valet, and walk inside?! Not only that, but try to get away from the Good Samaritan by trying to make sharp turns & such. If it WASN'T for the Good Samaritan, she would've continued to post on twitter about Martinis at 8am, and kept that secret of her killing someone, to herself. It's absolutely sickening and people like you need to wake up, an she needs to take responsibility. Period.
Some one wrote:
you people are sick and have no life .. how many of you drink and drive??? of course all of you will say i don't do that or will find a way for defending your selves.. put your self in her shoes.. she didn't wake up this morning and say .. ahhh i feel like hitting some one today with my car .. u all go out and party and have few drinks and u all drive back home .. but the difference is that u all are lucky that u didn't get involved in such an accident .. try to be mature people and instead of writing these stupied worthless comments just pray for both families .. i never said that what happened was right but IT WAS AN ACCIDENT that might happen to any of you.. NO one here knows WHOM she is or how she lives ..u all are judging her through what was told about her from the media which u all know that they say what ever will make a good story .. all of you have twitter , facebook and instegram and all of u post same tweets, pictures and comments daily as she did .. ill just ask u people to look at your lives first befor judging other people this bad
Heidi platt

United States

#93 Feb 26, 2013
I'm sure that whoever is driving the Karma bus will have exactly the same blood alcohol content as you did, my dear. And that bus won't stop when it runs over you, either.
And...
Say you're sorry to his family, you spoiled little rich girl!!!!
ron

Phoenix, AZ

#94 Feb 26, 2013
doesn,t matter about the bail, this gal is going to jail...and for some time unfortuately...i still think alcohol should be outlawed...
Justice

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#95 Feb 27, 2013
Arraignment today
Jedalex

Pompano Beach, FL

#96 Feb 28, 2013
I read many people passing judgement on Karlie Tomica before all the information is presented. She and her entire family to include the Riccoletti family are in enough pain as it is. Noone expects or whats want happen to have happened. Niether the victims family nor the defendants family. Unfortunately, as a society, we provide this serious consequence with the plain and simple sale of alcohol. There is no way we can expect every single person to be responsible or even expect this, as alcohol affects every single person in different ways. Karlie clearly made some very bad decisions that evening, and at some point, having a BAC over .22,clearly indicates that she was in no condition to make any more logical or mature decisions on her own anymore. She unfortunately killed someone in the process of her inability to make appropriate decisons and is currently mentally destroyed as it is. Our society has decided that there should be a price to pay if you drive drunk as we have seen the results over and over of this behaviour. This is a clear and simple tradgedy for all involved. A tragedy that all parties will live with forever, and be tortured by.
So wishing ill will on any party involved is unwarranted and unnecessary as they are all already paying the worst price as it is.
Moody Blues

Kennesaw, GA

#97 Mar 2, 2013
I am truly saddened by so many hate-filled posts and the amount of time so many of you have spent writing them. Can you find no better use of your time than that? None of us are perfect. All of us have fallen short. This story is so sad on all sides. I pray that both families will eventually receive comfort and healing. Karlie will face justice. There are consequences to our actions. But to pile-on this way, anonymously, is wrong, sinful, and just plain pathetic. And it is so unnecessary. Readers of these hate-filled diatribes can only infer that the writers are trying to feel better about their own lives by throwing insult on someone who is worse off than they are. What value is there in that?

Tomorrow morning, try this: Ask yourself "who can I bless today?" then do it. Reject the notion "who can I revile today?" You will feel better about yourself and will make the world just a little bit better place. It begins with each of us. None of us are exempt.

NOYB wrote:
You're irrelevant and ignorant. All of this could've been prevented if she didn't make the choices she did. Making excuses for her is one of the main reasons society is the way it is. She needs to be put in jail for a long time, and while people drink, they take cabs or go with a friend. The whole, "She was blackout drunk, she didn't realize" just stfu. Someone who is belligerently drunk, and doesn't know what they're doing, would've passed out in front of their job, in the car, and would've killed themselves by running into a tree or building, before taking someone else's life. Instead, this YOUNG ADULT, took someone's life, drove to her apartment (which if you're so drunk, how the hell do you know exactly where your apartment is), hand your keys to the valet, and walk inside?! Not only that, but try to get away from the Good Samaritan by trying to make sharp turns & such. If it WASN'T for the Good Samaritan, she would've continued to post on twitter about Martinis at 8am, and kept that secret of her killing someone, to herself. It's absolutely sickening and people like you need to wake up, an she needs to take responsibility. Period.
<quoted text>
jaws

Peabody, MA

#98 Mar 2, 2013
Party Princess? More like Prison Princess.
Catherine Zickgraf

Saint Paul, MN

#99 Mar 2, 2013
Damn, people make mistakes. Many of them have horrible unintended but perhaps predictable consequences. Good thing none of you on this thread have ever been in that situation. Good thing none of you have ever driven drunk--I know I haven't, ever. But I recognize that you don't need to be an evil person to do something that results in an unintended death.
In Recovery

United States

#101 Mar 3, 2013
As a recovering alcoholic, I am also saddened (and shocked) by the ignoranced displayed regarding alcoholism. After reading the story I was sure she was in a blackout. And while blackout drinking is not an excuse, some of you may be relieved ti know that if she was indeed in a blackout, she didnt intentionally drive away and leave a man for dead. My thoughts and prayed are with both families. I hope Karlie gets the help she needs. If she recovers and is active in the AA community her mistake(s) will indeed inspire others to stay sober.
Friend

Stuart, FL

#102 Mar 4, 2013
If you people knew this girl maybe you would not be so hateful. She is not a spoiled rotten brat. Far from it she worked since she was 15 years old her parents do not have any money she comes from a simple small town in Florida . Nothing big nothing fancy. Like so many other people she made a horrible mistake she lives with the quilt every minute of every day not a minute goes by that she doesn't dwell on what she did. She can't eat can't sleep can't function, not because she is scared but because she feels horrible. If she was a me to reach out to the family she would. Believe me she feels their pain every day. For those of you who act like she did this on purpose or something you are crazy. She is a young girl who got caught up In a moment and ruined her life. Yes someone lost their life and she would give hers for Him. That's the kind of person she is. She is a loyal friend a good person and one of the most caring people I have ever met In My life
She would do anything for anyone. She will live with the pain the rest of her life it will never go away. You say she has no compassion for the family she feels for them as she would for her own family or friends this girl is destroyed
So if it makes you all feel better saying the things you say then keep doing saying them. You have no idea how this girl feels. Imagine if it was your sister, your mother. Your best friend. Would you still be so hateful
To the family no matter what you think if karlie could she would give you the world she would apologize till she couldn't speak any more. This was a nice young lady who made a horrible mistake and her sorrow will never ever leave her. She is sorry believe me there are no words that address how horrible she feels. No one could possibly feel more sorry then her.
I am sorry that so many people feel such meanness towards someone who just made a horrible mistake
Jim

North Miami Beach, FL

#103 Mar 9, 2013
I feel for both family's so horrible. The entire world though is set up for things like this to happen. You go out to a bar with your car...have a drink...and go home. And how many of us has had a drink where your not sure your gonna make it home. Then in karlie's case the drinks got to her and she headed home ( should of been in a taxi) but once she hit him she knew from that point on she was screwed. The one thing I wonder is did he cross the street and not pay attention as I myself today had someone just walk right in front of me thinking I will stop and had to slam on the brakes so, they do it here as pedestrians just cross any where and think they have the right of way and what though if you don't see them....drunk or sober!
Jim

North Miami Beach, FL

#104 Mar 9, 2013
I wish I could reach Karlie though and give her some words of encouragement and everybody stop being so mean...could of been you!! all it takes is even one strong drink and people crossing the street when they are not supposed to. I intend though to write her and tell her that I think about her every day and I feel her pain and I can make her feel better with my words unlike these wolves on the internet!! but I will find what prison she will be at and I will write her as I don't hold back my thoughts and let people know it!
Anonymous

North Miami Beach, FL

#105 Mar 10, 2013
I am going to try to reach her attorney this week as I got his number as been thinking about it today. If she didn't have alcohol in her..... then it comes down to two questions: Did she run the red light and hit him or did she have the green light and he got tired of waiting then just decided to cross and didn't see her coming and she had no time to respond?(like everybody else here) In fact I saw today a whole family cross with little kids running across with cars coming fast and it amazes me it doesn't happen more. People should cross at a traffic light (and wait for it) otherwise they are taking their own life in their hands...and whose fault would it be if someone did this and didn't obey the traffic light on their side.....something to think about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min Hell Hound 322,470
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Trevet 1,660,646
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min NAME 64,317
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sun Ben Avraham 72,047
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sat lisa 98,620
Looking for a pure boy Shih Tzu to breed with m... (May '12) Dec 14 Stefanie 26
I need help Dec 13 Bummed 1

Lake Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Forest Mortgages