Father Albert Cutie to discuss Cathol...

Father Albert Cutie to discuss Catholic celibacy requirement in Boca Raton

There are 20 comments on the Palm Beach Post story from Apr 6, 2011, titled Father Albert Cutie to discuss Catholic celibacy requirement in Boca Raton. In it, Palm Beach Post reports that:

Father Alberto CutiA©, left, with wife Ruhama CutiA©, right, and two-month old daughter Camila Victoria CutiA©, at the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection in Biscayne Park Sunday, Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Palm Beach Post.

jgl big guy

United States

#1 Apr 7, 2011
Why should he discuss something he miserably failed at following. I am not judging him for doing what he did, The catholics are better off without him. What I am saying, an expert in the matter, Is He? I do not think so, So Padre mind your biz and go on.
RCC Truth Squad

Granger, IN

#2 Apr 7, 2011
This is like asking a vegetarian to discuss the tremendous attributes of Burger King's double whopper.

I guess they weren't looking for real insight into priestly celibacy.

Fr. Cutie has lost his vocation AND his sense of shame. What is this man thinking and trying to do, exactly? He desires a friendly audience to pour misguided admiration onto whatever guilt he is able to muster up.

Fr. Cutie...this is an attack on the Priesthood and on faithful priests. STOP IT for the good of your soul and for the good of others.
Obi Won

Rochelle, IL

#3 Apr 7, 2011
What an absolute sham.
Mary

Columbia, MO

#4 Aug 4, 2013
We forget priests are human like us , am proud of him of being with a woman not a little boy . The church don't make a big deal out of those priest who are catch with little boys actually the church support the accused priest and even help then fancily to settle the case what a shame to the church ! Fr cutie was very brave am very proud of him .

“Boot to the Head”

Since: Jul 08

Mogadore, OH

#5 Aug 5, 2013
Mary wrote:
... The church don't make a big deal out of those priest who are catch with little boys actually the church support the accused priest and even help then fancily to settle the case what a shame to the church ...
Except for when the Church bars them from active priesthood, directs them to a life of penance and prayer, reports them to the authorities, spends 100s of millions to develop and implement a prevention and detection program.
Patricia McCoy

Oakland, CA

#6 Oct 30, 2013
God Bless Fr. Cuties and his family. The Episcopalians are fortunate to have them.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#7 Oct 30, 2013
Patricia McCoy wrote:
God Bless Fr. Cuties and his family. The Episcopalians are fortunate to have them.
I'm not sure why you'd think that, given Cutie's deception of his former Church.

Meybe he'll decide that his Episcopal vows weren't anything he needs to adhere to and he'll bail on them as well.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#8 Oct 30, 2013
Patricia McCoy wrote:
Yep.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#9 Oct 30, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Why is TEC lucky to have Cutie on board?
Patricia McCoy

Oakland, CA

#10 Nov 8, 2013
Because he was honest about his feelings and left a church that would never accommodate them. People change and should be free to make changes that reflect their new reality, vows or no vows-life is not static. I am sure that the TEC is flexible enough to adjust to Fr. Cutie's needs if another need for change arises. Catholics are just crying sour grapes. He left you behind so best to let it go. Again, I am happy for him and his family and thank the TEC for welcoming him.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#11 Nov 9, 2013
Patricia McCoy wrote:
Because he was honest about his feelings and left a church that would never accommodate them. People change and should be free to make changes that reflect their new reality, vows or no vows-life is not static. I am sure that the TEC is flexible enough to adjust to Fr. Cutie's needs if another need for change arises. Catholics are just crying sour grapes. He left you behind so best to let it go. Again, I am happy for him and his family and thank the TEC for welcoming him.
He wasn't "honest about his feelings". He got caught running around with his girlfriend having taken a vow of celibacy.

Now, he's married to the woman. Should he find himself in yet another "new reality",say with another woman, he should pursue it/her freely, "vows or no vows", yes?

Patricia McCoy

Oakland, CA

#12 Nov 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't "honest about his feelings". He got caught running around with his girlfriend having taken a vow of celibacy.
Now, he's married to the woman. Should he find himself in yet another "new reality",say with another woman, he should pursue it/her freely, "vows or no vows", yes?
Correction:he WAS honest about his feelings people change. He obviously was no longer the same man that took those vows; life is not static. If he decides to divorce well that's his business, not mine and certainly not yours.
Judy

Angus, Canada

#13 Nov 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read his book "Dilemma". He came from a very strong Catholic family and he entered the seminary at 18 yrs.old. That is young. True when he fell in love he should have left the priesthood and then marry the woman he loves. I don't know if he was waiting for the Catholic Church to change it's rules on married priest but the decision for him to leave was made for him when the scandal broke out.
He knows many priests who are breaking all kind of rules and yet he never mentioned names.
Many Catholic people still carry a grudge against this man and they should really stop because he has been forgiven years ago.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#14 Nov 11, 2013
Patricia McCoy wrote:
<quoted text> Correction:he WAS honest about his feelings people change. He obviously was no longer the same man that took those vows; life is not static. If he decides to divorce well that's his business, not mine and certainly not yours.
He wasn't "honest about his feelings".

He didn't step forward to his bishop and resign.

I don't care what he does-I'm just curious how you would opine that TEC is "lucky" to have him.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#15 Nov 11, 2013
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read his book "Dilemma". He came from a very strong Catholic family and he entered the seminary at 18 yrs.old. That is young. True when he fell in love he should have left the priesthood and then marry the woman he loves. I don't know if he was waiting for the Catholic Church to change it's rules on married priest but the decision for him to leave was made for him when the scandal broke out.
He knows many priests who are breaking all kind of rules and yet he never mentioned names.
Many Catholic people still carry a grudge against this man and they should really stop because he has been forgiven years ago.
Yeah. He was probably holding out until the Church changed it's mind on married priests. I'm sure that's why he didn't just come forward to his bishop and resign.

Again, this guy obviously is wired to do what he wants, vow or no vow. Why is he some sort of hero to anyone?

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#16 Nov 11, 2013
Patricia McCoy wrote:
Because he was honest about his feelings and left a church that would never accommodate them. People change and should be free to make changes that reflect their new reality, vows or no vows-life is not static ...
Apparently it's not very honest, either.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17 Nov 12, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently it's not very honest, either.
Pot/kettle
Dan

Omaha, NE

#18 Nov 12, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot/kettle
Hi, Ken.

You affirmed "Patricia"'s comment that TEC is "fortunate" to have Cutie.

You also are, I believe, a priest in TEC.

Can you tell me why TEC would be "fortunate" to have Cutie as a cleric, given his past actions?

As a favor to us both, please recall that I'm not asking for your opinion of the RCC's current clerical requirement of celibacy-just your elaboration of how TEC is fortunate to have someone as a cleric who has a record of breaking clerical vows.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#19 Nov 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Really doesn't matter what we think, if he did something wrong he will have to answer to the Big Guy when his time comes. Hope he can schwooz Him over for his sake.
SHYKORA PAUL arts

Calgary, Canada

#20 Nov 13, 2013
...WE MAKE it....unto ourselves...eh..karma

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min pencils and crayons 1,263,764
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min OzRitz 54,320
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr dGo mDaedn lyHo i... 310,345
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr zazz 97,458
News Victoria Justice goes from Hollywood to Hollywood (Jul '10) 5 hr Victoria Dawn Jus... 4
News Photos: Next Big Tween Star: Victoria Justice (Mar '11) 5 hr Victoria Dawn Jus... 2
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Gas Woman 70,145
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Forest Mortgages