Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310473 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294739 May 3, 2013
There's a little envelope icon on the top right corner of the avatar, for private messages to other posters, if you have a sign-in account. Grey boxes don't have any. Not sure what icons you mention, but I haven't been here that long, so maybe it's been changed.

Have a good one, I'm going to bed.
Hasta la vista, baby...

:)
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294740 May 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
There's a little envelope icon on the top right corner of the avatar, for private messages to other posters, if you have a sign-in account. Grey boxes don't have any. Not sure what icons you mention, but I haven't been here that long, so maybe it's been changed.
Have a good one, I'm going to bed.
Hasta la vista, baby...
Lol

Goodnite

And I don't even get the icons on this browser. The post takes up the while width of the screen..probably a kindle thing or mobile maybe. Darn. Did you send one..?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294741 May 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you were really helped, so are you that much smarter then the other over 3,500 women a day that has abortions?
Why not use your voice to help planned parent hood be know for helping instead of being known as the huge provider of abortion.
What people do is their business and they must live with their choices, but most folks would feel much better living in a country where abortion was very rare and something hardly ever spoke of.
It seems to me, if all women would simply do as you did, then there would be no problem.
They don't , there is.
Absolute absurd notion.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#294742 May 3, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Honor? He did no such thing. There was no mention of bearing children until after the tree of knowledge incident and then he told woman that he would greatly multiply thy sorrow and conception; in sorrow she will bring forth children. No honor in that.@@ It was a consequence of their actions, not a reward of honor.
It is a shame you hate women so much.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#294743 May 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>To be honest, I firmly believe that 'earning a living' wasn't even a concept until right around the time the Fertile Crescent became one. Up until then, tribes, and clans, rather than 'civilization' were the societal structures, and everyone lived communally, pretty much did what they loved, and benefitted equally from the 'work' of all - some hunted, some gathered, but everyone ate. Some were better at building dwellings, and some were better at finding caves...no one was expected to work a 12 hour day in 'exchange' for survival...and people just lived the best they could, damaging the food and water supply as little as possible. This whole 'civilization' thing isn't all it's cracked up to be - and IMO, that's what the whole 'religion = afterlife' business is about. People started needing to be convinced that this isn't all there is, so somebody invented "God" and "Heaven", and subsequently decided "Hell" would be helpful in providing punishment for those who didn't follow the new rules.
It's been that way ever since.
Yeah, OK Einstein. So who decided who shoveled the shat, in your version of communal wonderland. You pagans are real dummies!
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#294744 May 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but I don't accept the fairy tale. I'm just as certain there is no afterlife, as you are that there is one.
Punishing all of humanity forever, for the 'mistakes' of two people, is stupid, cruel, and sadistic.
You folks can keep your God...I think he sucks.
Hey, that's OK. We know you suck, pagan. So does Vladdy. The old queen will be visiting you soon.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294745 May 3, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Absolute absurd notion.
Watching a report. Geraldo......
SOUNDS LIKE
when Suttee Hosp called the cops kn that couple with the baby..then the first cops wound up at Kaiser hosp. Talked to the docs and baby went hike. Next day CPS had them take the baby.

Report says. Judge ordered the baby home but they háve to be monitored by CPS. I beg all those fancy lawyers who do high profile stuff are lining up at the door!!!
Glad baby is back home
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#294746 May 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
In only 23 short years, my son did a marvelous job of that. When his body was in the hospital, at which he arrived without a heartbeat or brainwaves, and stayed for four days while we found matching recipients for his organs, he was visited by at least 150 people. There was never a time when his visiting hours weren't crowded - practically everyone who ever knew him loved him, and wanted to say goodbye. There was a never-ending wave of prayers from all those folks, and such an outpouring of love for our Alex, that most of them were sure he would sit up and ask us what the heck we were all doing there....of course, he never did. With his organ donations, 7 people's lives were continued or given second chances as a result of his death, and he changed the lives of more people while he was alive, than I will ever know. I was so proud of him...and still am.
Why would you let people walk thorough your deceased sons room for four days. that sounds a bit bizarre.

However, I am sure God had mercy on his soul. His spirit lives on in eternity.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#294747 May 3, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you let people walk thorough your deceased sons room for four days. that sounds a bit bizarre.
However, I am sure God had mercy on his soul. His spirit lives on in eternity.
Because they love him, and while he lived, he loved them back. I'm not so foolish as to try and stop anyone from saying goodbye to a loved one...bad karma, that.

My son's soul didn't need mercy. He was one of the best people I've ever known.

But thanks for not being unnecessarily cruel or mean, like some.
Good night.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#294748 May 3, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, that's OK. We know you suck, pagan. So does Vladdy. The old queen will be visiting you soon.
I sure hope so - Cpeter is one of my favorite posters here.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#294749 May 3, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, OK Einstein. So who decided who shoveled the shat, in your version of communal wonderland. You pagans are real dummies!
From what I've read, people back then shoveled their own. Into holes they dug, before they crapped in them. Duh.

I'm not a pagan, but whatever I am, it's not a member of whatever religion you claim...and guess what??

I'm living a pretty good life anyway.

Funny how that works.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294750 May 3, 2013
Ok. In trying to find a non biased source..after watching a report on Gosnel..let me suggest going back on time ..look up on wikioedia the phrase super coil abortion technique ..Harvey madman..

If you Clik on super coil Gosnell cones up..

Another thing that clinic a woman was talking about her experience..they were poor people and had yo pay extra tor any anesthetic.

Horrid stories of VD from nstruments and perforated insides..very evil men..cannot figure out why the jury is still out!!!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294751 May 3, 2013
HARVEY KARMAN. ON YHE SUPRRCOIL..though nh autocorrect may be right..he sounds like s madman with his invention
Gtown71

United States

#294752 May 3, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Absolute absurd notion.
Why may I ask?
Ocean went to.pp, and has never once had a need for am abortion, so if all girls / women did as she, would it not be a good thing?

Hey even cpeter, the human rabbit man, says he's clean as they get, after having more men the carter had liver pills. Lol
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294753 May 3, 2013
Showing workers testimony..the man tor sued for mutilating women inside ..This is why he took to deporting and then murdering healthy babies. Not even botched abortions..just delivered.
They found actual babies specimens..
the man was a monster.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294754 May 3, 2013
You raised a wonderful son, which makes you a great parent.
not a playa1965 wrote:
In only 23 short years, my son did a marvelous job of that. When his body was in the hospital, at which he arrived without a heartbeat or brainwaves, and stayed for four days while we found matching recipients for his organs, he was visited by at least 150 people. There was never a time when his visiting hours weren't crowded - practically everyone who ever knew him loved him, and wanted to say goodbye. There was a never-ending wave of prayers from all those folks, and such an outpouring of love for our Alex, that most of them were sure he would sit up and ask us what the heck we were all doing there....of course, he never did. With his organ donations, 7 people's lives were continued or given second chances as a result of his death, and he changed the lives of more people while he was alive, than I will ever know. I was so proud of him...and still am.

Indianapolis

#294755 May 3, 2013
If all they knew was happiness and perfection, how could they even conceive of anything else, including punishment?

If you get tricked by a conman and lose your money, are you to blame or the conman?
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting take on it...and I do think that is one way to look at it.
THEY had something none of us have had since. THEY had heaven on earth and they communed with God every day. They knew they owed everything to Him.
The serpent appealed to something in them that enter more..just as He aspired to be more. And turned away from the God...Lost heaven himself.
They wanted something they thought was better. Knowledge of good and evil. GOD LET THEM CHOOSEwhat they wanted.
ANDyes He knew because He knows all.He knew even then the price that would be paid because they brought sin into the world..
By our minds we can think its unfair...but it is free will. And Gods justice is not ours.
We believe the price paid willingly by Him through His Son showed His love for us.
personally especially when I turn on the news..I wonder why He loves us or wants us to live with Him ar all.

Indianapolis

#294756 May 3, 2013
Ooooohh...another genius who thinks implying gay men "suck" wounds us.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>

Indianapolis

#294757 May 3, 2013
Right back atcha!
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I sure hope so - Cpeter is one of my favorite posters here.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#294758 May 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Any woman weak enough to cave to a man's wish that she have an abortion, would make a terrible mother anyway. IMHO.
I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min An NFL Fan 1,274,706
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ariel Sharon 70,156
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IB DaMann 54,491
Debate: Marijuana - Fort Lauderdale, FL (Aug '10) 2 hr Jesse Davit 76
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 13 hr Smartpantz 97,460
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Thu Norbert of Norview 71,944
Review: Bellagio Condo (Apr '11) Wed Matt P 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Forest Mortgages