Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,292
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294683 May 3, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell everyone again how you hate being a woman. Your poor child and husband must be medicated in order to live with you. You do realize that God specifically designed women's bodies for the honor of bearing the fruit of mankind.
Honor? He did no such thing. There was no mention of bearing children until after the tree of knowledge incident and then he told woman that he would greatly multiply thy sorrow and conception; in sorrow she will bring forth children. No honor in that.@@ It was a consequence of their actions, not a reward of honor.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294684 May 3, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Honor? He did no such thing. There was no mention of bearing children until after the tree of knowledge incident and then he told woman that he would greatly multiply thy sorrow and conception; in sorrow she will bring forth children. No honor in that.@@ It was a consequence of their actions, not a reward of honor.
Interesting take..I thought He planned on the birth thing but that it would not have been painful or difficult.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#294685 May 3, 2013

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294688 May 3, 2013
The bish is on the peyote again!
razzmatazz wrote:

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294689 May 3, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting take..I thought He planned on the birth thing but that it would not have been painful or difficult.
How could pushing anything weighing several pounds, through an opening normally the diameter of a strand of spaghetti, be anything other than 'painful' or 'difficult'? It's biology - which was standard long before there was even a concept of 'God'.

I have always, however, found it very interesting that the pain and difficulty of childbirth, is explained by men as being "deserved" by women, for having attempted to gain some knowledge - any knowledge.

Just can't let those pesky women use their God-given brains...and if they try, let's have God punish them with 'painful and difficult' childbirth.(And thank God that men don't have to do it.)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294691 May 3, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And then came Cain and Abel and we know what sorrow they brought.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294692 May 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>How could pushing anything weighing several pounds, through an opening normally the diameter of a strand of spaghetti, be anything other than 'painful' or 'difficult'? It's biology - which was standard long before there was even a concept of 'God'.
I have always, however, found it very interesting that the pain and difficulty of childbirth, is explained by men as being "deserved" by women, for having attempted to gain some knowledge - any knowledge.
Just can't let those pesky women use their God-given brains...and if they try, let's have God punish them with 'painful and difficult' childbirth.(And thank God that men don't have to do it.)
Lol hear you..and I don't have the answer..on the psin and birth thing but will reread .

My first thought would be like a very short process and instant delivery. It was meant to be a natural process. And He is God and Eden was perfection..I think procreation was always in thr plan

..I think Aldo that Adam got the weight of trying to make a living outside of Eden where it was easy..But the pain part. Well luckily there are good drugs now.....Daughter says hers was not pleasant...but for all three she was induced and had epidural...so was pain. Pressure and out in a few hours..
Lot easier then mind and mine just took one whole dsh..lot of women used to go for more!!!!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294693 May 3, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>And then came Cain and Abel and we know what sorrow they brought.
That had to be worse than childbirth pain for sure..no one can hurt us worse than thru our kids!!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#294694 May 3, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol hear you..and I don't have the answer..on the psin and birth thing but will reread .
My first thought would be like a very short process and instant delivery. It was meant to be a natural process. And He is God and Eden was perfection..I think procreation was always in thr plan
..I think Aldo that Adam got the weight of trying to make a living outside of Eden where it was easy..But the pain part. Well luckily there are good drugs now.....Daughter says hers was not pleasant...but for all three she was induced and had epidural...so was pain. Pressure and out in a few hours..
Lot easier then mind and mine just took one whole dsh..lot of women used to go for more!!!!
To be honest, I firmly believe that 'earning a living' wasn't even a concept until right around the time the Fertile Crescent became one. Up until then, tribes, and clans, rather than 'civilization' were the societal structures, and everyone lived communally, pretty much did what they loved, and benefitted equally from the 'work' of all - some hunted, some gathered, but everyone ate. Some were better at building dwellings, and some were better at finding caves...no one was expected to work a 12 hour day in 'exchange' for survival...and people just lived the best they could, damaging the food and water supply as little as possible. This whole 'civilization' thing isn't all it's cracked up to be - and IMO, that's what the whole 'religion = afterlife' business is about. People started needing to be convinced that this isn't all there is, so somebody invented "God" and "Heaven", and subsequently decided "Hell" would be helpful in providing punishment for those who didn't follow the new rules.

It's been that way ever since.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294695 May 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>To be honest, I firmly believe that 'earning a living' wasn't even a concept until right around the time the Fertile Crescent became one. Up until then, tribes, and clans, rather than 'civilization' were the societal structures, and everyone lived communally, pretty much did what they loved, and benefitted equally from the 'work' of all - some hunted, some gathered, but everyone ate. Some were better at building dwellings, and some were better at finding caves...no one was expected to work a 12 hour day in 'exchange' for survival...and people just lived the best they could, damaging the food and water supply as little as possible. This whole 'civilization' thing isn't all it's cracked up to be - and IMO, that's what the whole 'religion = afterlife' business is about. People started needing to be convinced that this isn't all there is, so somebody invented "God" and "Heaven", and subsequently decided "Hell" would be helpful in providing punishment for those who didn't follow the new rules.
It's been that way ever since.
WELl. Obviously I don't agree about man creating God..and when I said Adam had to make s living....I meant what passed for that in the beginning..sorry if that W's not clear..

Hunt..grow food etc in a less than friendly environment...of course as more civilizatit became more complicated..THE THING is..both men and woman ate of the tree ..They now knew evil as well as the good life they had in Eden provided by God...and as with many things the civilizatiions were fraught with evil...sure they had more goods to trade etc..but amassing wealth beyond what was needed for life has always been a bane of men

AND OF COURSE YHEY FID INVENT gods...they turned their backs on the true God.
Ocean56

AOL

#294696 May 3, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
Honor? He did no such thing. There was no mention of bearing children until after the tree of knowledge incident and then he told woman that he would greatly multiply thy sorrow and conception; in sorrow she will bring forth children. No honor in that.@@ It was a consequence of their actions, not a reward of honor.
Exactly; in other words, it was a PUNISHMENT. Haven't we all seen words like "you had the sex, now deal with the consequences" many times from regressive anti-choicers? I know I have.

For backward-thinking morons like "ThePrince" and Knutter, any form of birth control is "bad" because it "allows women to escape the consequences of their actions" or something equally idiotic. Well, let them whine about BC all they want. If they're stupid enough to remain slaves to archaic church dogmas, fine. I'm very thankful to live in a country where I don't have to do the same.
Ocean56

AOL

#294697 May 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
How could pushing anything weighing several pounds, through an opening normally the diameter of a strand of spaghetti, be anything other than 'painful' or 'difficult'? It's biology - which was standard long before there was even a concept of 'God'.
Thank you! This assessment is 100% accurate, although we know the regressive anti-choice imbeciles will do their best to deny it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#294698 May 3, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
WELl. Obviously I don't agree about man creating God..and when I said Adam had to make s living....I meant what passed for that in the beginning..sorry if that W's not clear..
Hunt..grow food etc in a less than friendly environment...of course as more civilizatit became more complicated..THE THING is..both men and woman ate of the tree ..They now knew evil as well as the good life they had in Eden provided by God...and as with many things the civilizatiions were fraught with evil...sure they had more goods to trade etc..but amassing wealth beyond what was needed for life has always been a bane of men
AND OF COURSE YHEY FID INVENT gods...they turned their backs on the true God.
Helping others is good. Harming others is evil. Why does man need the concept of "God" to know this? And why, oh WHY, does "God" need to punish his creation for being what he created, and USING the magnificent brains he created within us???

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#294699 May 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! This assessment is 100% accurate, although we know the regressive anti-choice imbeciles will do their best to deny it.
It's as if, had women refused to evolve, and remained ignorant as a lump of clay, that our biology would have somehow ceased to render childbirth painful, or difficult.

I just shake my head, and wonder at the obtuseness of it all.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294700 May 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol..NO woman PL or PC would ever deny that childhood is psi... Personslly wish men could have
every other one they sire. Would be one way to cut down on pregnancies.

I don't think women should be punished ....but the fact is. WE ARE THE ONES who have the burden of contraception..BUT I do believe that the men get a huge pass on responsibility because of being able to get the women to take care of it by doing away with their offspring..
IMHO
grumpy

Teaneck, NJ

#294701 May 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Helping others is good. Harming others is evil. Why does man need the concept of "God" to know this? And why, oh WHY, does "God" need to punish his creation for being what he created, and USING the magnificent brains he created within us???
Read your Bible. It was the serpent who instilled free will in humans by enticing Eve to eat the forebidden fruit. God's response was to instill original sin in humans as an antidote to the free will instilled by the serpent.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294702 May 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Helping others is good. Harming others is evil. Why does man need the concept of "God" to know this? And why, oh WHY, does "God" need to punish his creation for being what he created, and USING the magnificent brains he created within us???
Short answer on Eden. There was only good God walked with men..

After Eden there was good but also evil..Judgment is left for God

Maybe in Eden the laws governing the growing of things..the birthing process..THE WHAT WE KNOW AS NATURAL LAWS..was suspended..It was heaven on earth.

Once man was cast out..the natural laws for the parts of earth that were Not heavenly.
So it was being not allowed to live like heavenly beings. Because the now knew evil..that caused the pain..caused Adam to have to work for minimal results.

Kind of like kids who don't appreciate the comforts of home..They find out WHST the real world is like...

We believe we will br back kn Eden in heaven some day..abut fir them the knowledge of evil lost them and us paradise.. God knows His ways. HE alone knows what would have been...we live with the consequences..

Some of us realizd that our longing is for Him..Some choose not to believe..EITHER WAY. ON EARTH OR IN EDEN..he gives us free choice...
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294703 May 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It's as if, had women refused to evolve, and remained ignorant as a lump of clay, that our biology would have somehow ceased to render childbirth painful, or difficult.
I just shake my head, and wonder at the obtuseness of it all.
UMM no. SEE last answer :).
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294704 May 3, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Read your Bible. It was the serpent who instilled free will in humans by enticing Eve to eat the forebidden fruit. God's response was to instill original sin in humans as an antidote to the free will instilled by the serpent.
HUH. that is not in any Bible I know of. THE SERPENT TEMPTED Eve YO USE the free will GOD GAVE them. Even angels have free will.God wants our love. For us to come to HIM freely. NOT be puppets with no choice..
SIn gained its origin in the garden..thus it was original sin.

IN GORBIDDING THE TREE He was trying to protect us ..We. thrum Adam and Eve thought we knew better.. We were wrong..
Gtown71

United States

#294705 May 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, goofy, I never had a bad experience at a Planned Parenthood facility; all of them were very good ones. I went to Planned Parenthood quite often when I was 18+ and had just moved to a big city. I knew that if I chose to have sex at some point, I DIDN'T want to get pregnant, so I needed reliable contraception to PREVENT that unwanted outcome. They charged very LITTLE money for that contraception, and I was very grateful to get it. I would have had to pay MORE anywhere else.
The Planned Parenthood facility I went to was terrific. The medical staff were very knowledgable and helpful, they answered all my questions on preventing unwanted pregnancy and STD's, and finally set me up with the contraception that I felt would work best for me.
Thanks to Planned Parenthood and its wonderful staff, I never got stuck with an UNWANTED pregnancy, so for me, an abortion was never necessary.
Sounds like you were really helped, so are you that much smarter then the other over 3,500 women a day that has abortions?

Why not use your voice to help planned parent hood be know for helping instead of being known as the huge provider of abortion.

What people do is their business and they must live with their choices, but most folks would feel much better living in a country where abortion was very rare and something hardly ever spoke of.

It seems to me, if all women would simply do as you did, then there would be no problem.

They don't , there is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,127,197
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 70,105
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 6 hr Swedenforever 54,525
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr scirocco 68,668
Pastor Markus Bishop Arrested (Mar '08) 13 hr Flo 736
Review: Moving Forward Inc 14 hr Wendi 3
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 18 hr zazz 96,522
Lake Forest Dating
Find my Match

Lake Forest Jobs

Lake Forest People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lake Forest News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake Forest

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]