Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,849
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#287854 Mar 4, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think the discussion expressly excluded natural pregnancy. My understanding was what effect an artificial womb would have on the concept of fetal viability, period. Even if an artificial womb existed woman would still be getting pregnant naturally. Under those circumstances a 10 week old fetus could technically be considered viable because by definition it could be removed from it's natural womb and kept alive artificially until such time that it could survive independent of ANY ALS. STO believed that since the artificial womb was still technically a womb, then the fetus at 10 weeks would not be considered viable.
In any case if the woman decided she wanted to abort at 10 weeks would she agree to have the fetus transplanted into an artificial womb ? Some might not. And in that sense abortion as an issue would not go away. That was my point.
Doc: "I didn't think the discussion expressly excluded natural pregnancy. My understanding was what effect an artificial womb would have on the concept of fetal viability, period."

Yes, I remember it was about viability, with or without ALS, and the artificial womb being the ALS.

I was thinking the discussion was just in terms of women who were [using] the artificial wombs, viability being limitless for the fetuses in the artificial wombs, and how abortion wouldn't be an issue for them.

Of course if the discussion included natural pregnancies, abortion would still be an issue, and I do understand your point about that.
Gtown71

United States

#287855 Mar 4, 2013
STO wrote:
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't judging you at all. It's not my place to judge anyone as I leave that up to God. If that's what you got from what I wrote then you've misunderstood what I've written. To make a long story short, I feel that given the fact that you carried on an extra marital affair for a long time which resulted in child outside of your marriage and that you only managed to let God into your life when you were caught up, you're really not in a position to lecture anyone about God, sin and the sanctity of marriage.
<quoted text>
How do you figure, Gtown?
A Christian who is secure in his/her faith wouldn't offer such cowardly responses.
I'm secure in my faith, and would like all others to go to heaven, not just tell them about the weather.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#287856 Mar 4, 2013
How many women get pregnant after a complete hysterectomy? How mny men become daddies after a complete orchidectomy?
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can be sterilized. God watches. Waste of time.
Why is it your business?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287857 Mar 4, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sto -anyone can read number 5, and know it says nothing about abortion, and that's a good enough reason not to listen to you.
Instead of trying to make the bible justify your sin, why not redirect your sin against what the bible truly says about sin?
You don't have to listen to me. No skin off my nose. You're happy being ignorant. Stay that way.

I don't "make the Bible justify" anything. I read it. I study it. You should try it. Would be better than what you do here, which is preach your ignorance concerning the Bible.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#287858 Mar 4, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, they sure don't, but I'll remind them of those facts as often as I see fit. I couldn't care less whether they like it or not.
:)

Yes, I see you've been very persistent.

Indianapolis

#287859 Mar 4, 2013
Felon.

Next time, warn us when you want to play Password.
Forum wrote:
Criminal.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287860 Mar 4, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No sto -that would be when I asked you what happens to your friends who die Not believing in Jesus Christ???
Why would you ask me? Don't you know? Haven't studied it?

And yeah, you copped out of responding to the substance of Michelle's posts to you. You're a coward, so what else is new?

Indianapolis

#287861 Mar 4, 2013
The same thing that happens to the devout--their bodies and minds shut off, and they are gone. That's it.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No sto -that would be when I asked you what happens to your friends who die Not believing in Jesus Christ???
STO

Vallejo, CA

#287862 Mar 4, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm secure in my faith, and would like all others to go to heaven, not just tell them about the weather.
You're not doing them any favors by lying to them about scripture. Maybe they do listen to your testimony. Then they check out your claims regarding passages in Romans and find you're full of sh^t, and decide Christianity is a sham. That's on you, and your false teaching.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#287863 Mar 4, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
They're opposed to adultery, too, so why aren't they spending their time and money trying to illegalize it?
Because many of them are too busy doing it.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287865 Mar 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You aren't going to deny that the RCC pays for, in whole or in part, many lobbying groups arond the country, right?
<quoted text>
If they do, I would like to know the particulars. Can you provide them or is this just what you think?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#287866 Mar 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
How many women get pregnant after a complete hysterectomy? How mny men become daddies after a complete orchidectomy?
<quoted text>
Fundies are such imbeciles.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#287867 Mar 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you take out your organs after God put
them there?
They are yours.
Men remove womens breasts because they are criminals.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287868 Mar 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yeah I hear you believe that VIABILITY in concept applies only to the gestating fetus. I hear you believe it has no practicality being applied to a micro preemie or other premature newborns; even those who don't survive.
To me it seems like you're splitting hairs just for the sake of splitting hair. Or being contentious just for the sake of being contentious.
I maintain, a fetus determined to be viable who is delivered and attached to ALS, but dies anyway, was obviously not viable. It was unable to survive outside the womb.
Back to splitting hair -- I have interchanged VIABLE and SURVIVE throughout this yearS long discussion/disagreement. I do not believe it's been wrong to do so.
Limit of Viability
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM1993...
Just wondering what your take is on the incident where a cab that was broadsided in NY and killed a man and a woman. She was six months pregnant and her baby was delivered by cesarean. The baby died next day.

According to Jewish religious tradition, the baby was named, circumcised and buried. Was the non viable baby a fetus at death or was he as the Jewish tradition suggests, a baby?

Should the driver of the hit and run car be prosecuted for three homicides or two because the baby wasn't born? If you answer, try to be clear.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#287869 Mar 4, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>

Of course if the discussion included natural pregnancies, abortion would still be an issue, and I do understand your point about that.
Clearly, you didn't bother to actually follow the discussion, since ANYONE that actually followed it, understood it had evolved to being about pregnancies in general. Not to mention, this was pointed out to you on numerous occasions by many people.

But we understand you simply are not honest enough to admit Foo was correct to begin with.

Typical.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#287870 Mar 4, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, we see 88% of Jews are proaborts. Off the charts....no other group supports that level of baby killing....none.....
"Boo-hoo Holocaust.......Yea! Let's kill over 1 million baby Jewish Americans!! Yippee!!"
Crocadile tears.
Moral schizophrenia.
Jews learned nothing from Holocaust....killing their own.
Holocaust Lessons For Dummies.
Remedial Holocaust Lessons For Baby Jew Killers.
Going by that Pew Research site, Catholics are swiftly in agreement with jews that they dont want their medical decisions dictated by faith based beliefs.

Unless of course you're going to claim that 51% of catholics aren't really catholic because they hold diffrent views than you.... That would suck, since it would drasticially reduce the numbers of catholics you and your kind could MISREPRESENT.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#287872 Mar 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The same thing that happens to the devout--their bodies and minds shut off, and they are gone. That's it.
<quoted text>
I wonder why sto didn't answer gtowns question.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#287873 Mar 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering what your take is on the incident where a cab that was broadsided in NY and killed a man and a woman. She was six months pregnant and her baby was delivered by cesarean. The baby died next day.
According to Jewish religious tradition, the baby was named, circumcised and buried. Was the non viable baby a fetus at death or was he as the Jewish tradition suggests, a baby?
Should the driver of the hit and run car be prosecuted for three homicides or two because the baby wasn't born? If you answer, try to be clear.
I thought the same thing. Can't wait to hear the answer.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#287874 Mar 4, 2013
If babies could understand how much national debt Obama is making them responsible for, they might prefer to be aborted. In fact, Obama is a pretty good argument for post-natal abortion.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#287875 Mar 4, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I thought the same thing. Can't wait to hear the answer.
I believe the two of you are sharing the same brain cell.

The child WAS born, by C-section.

Helps when you actually READ the stories.

Do you need this explained further?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Earthling-1 47,006
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr RoxLo 1,115,129
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,495
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,560
Dope market in Hollywood/broward county (Jan '13) 4 hr nodsquad 11
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 hr zazz 96,464
Overpaid Firefighters (Sep '10) 10 hr Big Bruno 354
Lake Forest Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Lake Forest Jobs

Lake Forest People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lake Forest News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake Forest

Personal Finance