Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision Wednesday

Aug 3, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: blogs.sacbee.com

U.S. District Court Judge Vaughn Walker will issue a decision Wednesday on the constitutional challenge to California's Proposition 8, the ban on same-sex marriage, according to a court announcement today.

Comments
21 - 40 of 1,974 Comments Last updated Jun 11, 2014
LoneRanger

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Marry Me wrote:
Illegal aliens have more rights in this country. Tax paying gay adults shoud have the right to legally marry
When a Nation SINS,Illegal activity is allowed by GOD,thanks alot gay people for ruining our economy.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Equality is key wrote:
<quoted text>
BRAVO! Very well put! Now, if there were less stupid people in the world and more smart guys like you we would have a better country. EVERYONE should be able to find happiness legally. No god, priest or religious group can deny that.
Many have suggested that civil union would be the way to go. Gays however reject this because it does not fit their agenda of full society acceptance of homosexuality. While many people do support equality in health care, taxes, inheritance etc. etc. the reserve the right of marriage to a man and a woman. The screams for equality are the same as the claims of hatred, completely false and indicative of the true intent of the gay community.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

FrankieM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because OBVIOUSLY that is going to influence his decision. Because if he was straight... well... then he would obviously vote AGAINST Marriage Equality in your line of logic? And a black judge is always going to rule in favour of the claim of a black person? And a Christian judge is always going to rule for a Christian litigant... and a male judge will always rule in favour of... yep. Really smart.
Judges rule on the Constitutionality of a law. That is the role of the courts. And, if you had followed the case presented in court, those who opposed Marriage Equality and supported Prop H8 hadn't a leg to stand on and kept getting shot full of Constitutional holes. THAT is what is going to be the deciding factor, not what sexuality the judge is.
I did follow the case, nothing but arguments and testimonies of peoples opinions and experiences of being gay. Nothing to do with the case which was the constitutionality of the law. So the judge made his position very clear during the trial which had nothing to do with the suit or the constitutionality. Your argument is as false as the equality and hate card tactics.

“Fly low and avoid the penguins”

Since: Dec 09

Pasadena

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Oh, if only we could enact a law that denies all the stupid people from voting....

“Proud to be Mahu”

Since: Sep 07

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

LoneRanger wrote:
<quoted text>When a Nation SINS,Illegal activity is allowed by GOD,thanks alot gay people for ruining our economy.
I don't know if you got the memo... but you don't live in a Theocracy. Your idea of "Sin" is therefore not a legal definition... nor does your idea of God have any pertinence to a legal matter.
South Orovillian

Oroville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

I second the notion that government not recognize marriage, which is a theological and religious issue. Now, if it supported civil unions and gave civil unions the tax advantages and rights that all current 'normal' marriages have, I wonder if everyone would suddenly become agnostic/atheistic and run to the JoP's to get their civil union?

THIS is why there should be a separation of church and state. I don't need a bunch of religious people telling me how to run my life in a country that was FOUNDED on the ideas of religious FREEDOM.

(or do you think the pilgrims were just a fable?)
Stop the madness

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

WPArtist wrote:
Oh, if only we could enact a law that denies all the stupid people from voting....
Have faith. After the State Democratic Party disgraced it's membership by running nothing more than Brown as the best and brightest the Party has to offer for Governor, huge numbers of loyal Democrats have finally HAD ENOUGH.

We are not Losers and being a California Democrat CAN NOT indicate a lack of ability to reason and make rational choices any longer. After all, our children mean as much to us as any one else's children mean to them.

Let the Gays Marry for Christs sake. We have BIG Extinction level issues in our State. We need to stop letting what passes for Democrat Politicians these days hyphenate us all into pathetic fractions of California citizens.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

WPArtist wrote:
Then it would have been 80-100% for prop 8.

“Proud to be Mahu”

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Jingshen wrote:
<quoted text>Many have suggested that civil union would be the way to go. Gays however reject this because it does not fit their agenda of full society acceptance of homosexuality. While many people do support equality in health care, taxes, inheritance etc. etc. the reserve the right of marriage to a man and a woman. The screams for equality are the same as the claims of hatred, completely false and indicative of the true intent of the gay community.
No. We're not going to settle with being second-class citizens, for sitting at the back of the bus or for the crumbs off of your table. There are about 1400 rights that you take for granted in a Hetero marriage. We have families and futures we need to protect too and we will not settle for your seperate but equal, historically disproven, notions of justice.
Rediculous

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

They dont have to come out of the closet, you can tell they're gay because all gay men smell like @ss! Its like their behinds are no longer seal and just let the smell out. Sit on their chairs or be near them and you will see what im talking about!

Anyways, nobody cares about you gay people, we will never accept you as "normal" people or married couples, even if you have the certificate. Sure the government may, but not us the people. Youre disgusting, perverted and a freak show to all of humanity.

Peace!

“Proud to be Mahu”

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Garbage Guru -- you obviously don't understand the term "American" or what that means. As an American I actually am equal to you... that means I have the right to free speech and the right to live where I please. You want to stop that? You just step your facist self right on up and see how far your hatred gets you in MY country.

“Proud to be Mahu”

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Jingshen wrote:
<quoted text>Then it would have been 80-100% for prop 8.
Oooh! Snappy come-back. Go lay down now... you look pale and peaked.
South Orovillian

Oroville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

"Rediculous"

I sincerely hope that you are never discriminated against or have something bad happen to you.

That being said, you are the kind of person that makes the rest of us who are heterosexual ashamed.

And when you end with 'Peace!': do you know the definition of oxymoron?
Corrupt-O-Crats

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

The judge will overturn it like before...
doris

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Unfortunately for those who engage in same sex marriage, God, not the judge will have the final say....Read God's definition of marriage sometime--it may surprise you.
doris

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Let's accept God's definition of marriage--He will be the Judge in the end!

“Proud to be Mahu”

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

doris wrote:
Unfortunately for those who engage in same sex marriage, God, not the judge will have the final say....Read God's definition of marriage sometime--it may surprise you.
Yes, God says that if you divorce and remarry it is adultery. Sorry, we STILL don't live in a Theocracy.

“Proud to be Mahu”

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

doris wrote:
Let's accept God's definition of marriage--He will be the Judge in the end!
Not my God and neither "Him" nor you are my judge. My God is about Love, understanding and compassion.
Sam R

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Corrupt-O-Crats wrote:
The judge will overturn it like before...
Don't fret about this situation. It is expected that in a lunatic left failed state of disgrace like what remains of Calfiornia neither the rule of law or the expressed will of the people count for anything.
We knew we were committing civic suicide when we allowed the far left of chairman mao crowd, the illegal invaders, and the union owned politicians to run our state into nohtingness.

We own the shame of voting to be less than other Americans. Most believe our families just don't mean as much to us as American families mean to citizens in the proud Aemrican States.
Not a Founding Father

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

DojoRat wrote:
<quoted text>
Democracy is a beautiful thing. But it's not "majority rule" It's "majority rule with the protection of minority rights." When a law is passed either by legislative means or voting, but it denies someone of their right, I agree with you, that is one of the greatest things about thsi country that it can be repealed.
Too bad this country is not a democracy but a representative republic. If it were a democracy, it would be straight majority rule.

Let's see, we have laws against burglary. But, aren't we infringing upon the rights of the burglar? It's a public safety and welfare issue. Also the burglars don't have a very large lobby group.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake Forest Discussions

Search the Lake Forest Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 min frozen c 7,852
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Orange Cove cow licker 200,366
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr tail pipe 4,898
Sex charges against 'Purpose Driven' Pastor McF... (Dec '12) 16 hr Diamond in the sky 445
How Physical Therapists Use Laser Therapy 23 hr kevin 1
5 Seconds of Summer Announce 2015 North America... Wed shelly 1
•••
•••

Lake Forest News Video

•••
•••

Lake Forest Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••