YMCA counselor in Rancho Santa Margar...

YMCA counselor in Rancho Santa Margarita accused of committing lewd act with girl

There are 9 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Jul 11, 2007, titled YMCA counselor in Rancho Santa Margarita accused of committing lewd act with girl. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

A YMCA counselor was in custody today on suspicion of inappropriately touching a young girl.

John Mohler, 34, a counselor at the Rancho Santa Margarita YMCA for the last two years, was arrested about 6 p.m. Tuesday at his home in Lake Forest after the girl, whose age was not disclosed, complained to her mother about 'inappropriate' touching during an after-school arts-and-crafts class, said Jim Amormino, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

Mohler, charged with performing a lewd act with a child under the age of 14, was being held in Orange County Jail with bail set at $200,000, Amormino said. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Samantha Albert

Laguna Hills, CA

#2 Jul 16, 2007
I have been a member of the Y for at least 11 years, I met Johnny two years ago and don't think he committed these crimes. I suppose it's possible for a child to be scared to tell her parents about this, but when I was at the teen center in RSM I saw him work with mostly young children on their homework, and he was always the rule enforcer. Johnny worked almost his entire life to obtain a White Rag, almost took a promotion on the East coast, was about to be the Rag's director at Camp Oakes, and wrote a book about it all to boot. My point being, I don't think he did this knowingly just to throw his life's work and goals away.
Trei Wilson

Pasadena, CA

#3 Jul 16, 2007
I am one of John's kids for the YMCA, He would never do such a thing like that. Especially to one of his kids! Like my friend Sam said above, John has worked his whole life getting his White Rag, and has commited himself to god and the lords work. John would never hurt, violate, or endanger any of his kids.

Since: Aug 07

Canada

#4 Sep 11, 2007
was this a after school program with the YMCA and if so which school?
monique king

Salisbury, MD

#5 Nov 14, 2007
do my homework there okAY AND I CAN LEARN THERE TO AND SWIM THERE AND TALK TO U TOO. BYYYYYYY
dave

Lake Forest, CA

#6 Nov 23, 2007
You live in LA LA LAND he did it and will not pay
Samantha Albert wrote:
I have been a member of the Y for at least 11 years, I met Johnny two years ago and don't think he committed these crimes. I suppose it's possible for a child to be scared to tell her parents about this, but when I was at the teen center in RSM I saw him work with mostly young children on their homework, and he was always the rule enforcer. Johnny worked almost his entire life to obtain a White Rag, almost took a promotion on the East coast, was about to be the Rag's director at Camp Oakes, and wrote a book about it all to boot. My point being, I don't think he did this knowingly just to throw his life's work and goals away.
dave

Lake Forest, CA

#7 Nov 23, 2007
Sorry he did it and will pay for what he did.

He is what the YMCA is NOT ABOUT. This guy will have to face his maker and admit what he did.

John You make me sick, get help, stay in jail, and admit what you did. Help those young people heal.

Man White rag what a joke you made of it. How sad.
NONYA

United States

#8 Feb 12, 2008
He admited he did it! YOu make me sick John. I want to kick you in the good leg!
NONYA

United States

#9 Feb 12, 2008
CampOakes4Life

Santa Ana, CA

#10 Dec 8, 2008
John is a creep. The year before he was arrested he was hanging out w/ 16 and 17yr old kids, smoking cigs with them and buying them XTC and Marijuana. He was also having very sexual internet conversations with a 17yr old girl, whos name will remain secret. The Point is, is that he fooled alot of ppl, but in the end, he cant fool himself.
AND HE'S BACK IN JAIL, JUST GOT ARRESTED IN NOVEMBER.
haha, u stupid fuck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hair Nation Festival 13 hr SouthTexas 1
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Thu Eagle 12 798
Review: Ravenna's Medical Weight Loss - Joseph ... (Sep '09) Aug 24 Gomez V 20
Tonya Abshear Aug 18 Pxw 1
News More hammerheads, great whites off O.C. lead to... Aug 11 Patsy 2
News Whom does a real estate agent really represent? (Jul '15) Aug 10 Mrs Vicky 3
Review: Brittany Durlach Hair Stylist (Sep '08) Mar '16 Brenda 31

Lake Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Forest Mortgages