Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,943)

Showing posts 158,841 - 158,860 of200,196
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I counted 4 more positions.
Most I'm willing to venture into.
LOL!!!
I will go with 6, everyone has to have limitations.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I counted 4 more positions.
Most I'm willing to venture into.
LOL!!!
You're willing to venture into them if you could find a woman who'd do them with you! If you do, I want a notarized statement.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No polygamy was already illegal, same sex marriage was not, Prop 8 only affected same sex marriage making it illegal, when it was not before.
Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy laws at all.
He won't get it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're a victim. Anyone as anti social and obviously as lonely as you ass is a victim of something. Poor upbringing or maybe bullying given you're intelligence probably makes deciding what shoe to put on your right foot might take 18 minutes of your time each day.
LOL!!!!
I have little use for shoes. If I tried to put them on, it probably would take 18 minutes. Be happy you need shoes and can put them on easily tough guy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No polygamy was already illegal, same sex marriage was not, Prop 8 only affected same sex marriage making it illegal, when it was not before.
If all laws against polygamy went away except prop 8, poly will be still illegal in CA, and the only thing keeping it illegal would be prop 8.

Spin that jackass.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully support marriage EQUALITY. And you don't.
What don't you understand about that?
That isnít the issue

the issue is youíre not comprehending that polygamy was illegal ( regardless if that is good or bad ) before prop 8, that Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy laws at all

What was true before, was still true after.

Not so with same sex marriage which was legal before prop 8 and illegal after prop 8.

Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy laws at all, prop 8 being overturned will also not change polygamy laws.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're willing to venture into them if you could find a woman who'd do them with you! If you do, I want a notarized statement.
Having seen his wife, ummm all I can say is Dayummm
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>He won't get it.
Yeah, he has a vested interest in not comprehending the simplest statements of fact.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I will go with 6, everyone has to have limitations.
Oh come on, what about line marriages?

It is a marriage that potentially never ends.

( I had no knowledge of line marriages until I read a Heinlein book, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, great read.)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>He won't get it.
You don't get it. Prop eight bans polygamy EQUALLY to banning same sex marriage.

It's a simple concept really. What don't you understand about restricting marriage to "A" man and "A" woman? Does that mean 2 men can marry another man? Think real hard.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on, what about line marriages?
It is a marriage that potentially never ends.
( I had no knowledge of line marriages until I read a Heinlein book, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, great read.)
Not 6 wives, 6 positions. I have 1 wife, why in the hell would I want more?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it. Prop eight bans polygamy EQUALLY to banning same sex marriage.
It's a simple concept really. What don't you understand about restricting marriage to "A" man and "A" woman? Does that mean 2 men can marry another man? Think real hard.
No you donít get it, polygamy was illegal before Prop 8, was still illegal after Prop 8, and will still be illegal when Prop 8 is overturned.

Polygamy was already banned before, and will continue to be banned after.

Prop 8 did not change polygamy laws in any way whatsoever, and will continue to have zero effect when it is overturned.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't seem THAT difficult to me. Frankie must be easily confused, or else he really believes in the "double illegal" theory. shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy was banned BEFORE Prop 8. Do you have a problem with linear time?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he has a vested interest in not comprehending the simplest statements of fact.
I think his problem is that he cannot admit to being incorrect.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Not 6 wives, 6 positions. I have 1 wife, why in the hell would I want more?
Oh come on..... 2 wives would have twice as many chores for you to do. You would keep busier.

And when it was time to watch a movie, you would be outvoted, you would get to see ALL the chick flicks.

This is an opportunity for you ;)
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I think his problem is that he cannot admit to being incorrect.
I think you are right

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Look Frank I will try one more time. A few years ago, in the state of California, Same sex marriage was legal. Prop 8 was put on the ballot to ban, same sex marriage. Given that it ( same sex marriage) was legal, the voter initiative was overturned by a federal judge, due to its unconstitutionality. The ruling was crafted to apply only to California. Whilst polygamy is still illegal, and has been for a very long time. Your Polygamy stance would go a lot farther in say, North Carolina. There the law is a general ban, that does not change an existing law. Lets say that Iowa, next week votes to ban same sex marriage, a law that is on the books. I would venture to say, it would be struck down. You cant remove an existing law, for a select group of people based on sexuality. In the state of Illinois, EVERYONE, must wear seat belts when operating, or ridding in a motor vehicle, with the exception of buses and motor driven cycles. It does not narrow the law to only apply to people with blue eyes.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Having seen his wife, ummm all I can say is Dayummm
I have also seen his wife. She's cute.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on..... 2 wives would have twice as many chores for you to do. You would keep busier.
And when it was time to watch a movie, you would be outvoted, you would get to see ALL the chick flicks.
This is an opportunity for you ;)
Exactly my point, that and they no doubt would have timed periods. The Midol expense could be more than I could handle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,841 - 158,860 of200,196
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake Forest Discussions

Search the Lake Forest Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Decide what 4,837
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr 21 and over 15,909
They have gangs in south Orange County? (Dec '07) Jul 8 isaac 113
Review: Lion's Heart - Teens Giving Back Jul 8 Karah Curtis 1
On the road alone in L.A. (Jun '07) Jul 7 Human at Earth 128
Aliso Viejo Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jul 4 Musikologist 9
4 teens suspected of arson at Tustin Ranch Elem... Jul 2 Joe 3
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at July 10 at 8:59PM PDT

•••
•••

Lake Forest News Video

•••
•••