MSA Acquires General Monitors

Nov 9, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Rental Equipment Register

MSA recently acquired General Monitors, a leading innovator and developer of fixed systems for gas and flame detection.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
SAD

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Judged:

Well I know this company is happy MSA purchased them but in 3 or 4 years most of the leadership will be gone and a lot of the floor people will be let go and they will sub out all the equipment just like they are doing with Paraclete Armor.

There were 300 + people at Paraclete in Sept 2006 and now there are less than 40. MSA talks all the ethical talk but I have seen their dirty work up close and personal. Start looking for new employment soon. MSA starts out with putting a onsight manager in the plant and then they bring in a few more and the next thing you know they are running the place and VP are now called managers and then you get written up for stuipd stuff and next thing you know out the door you go.
Marcus Brutos

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Judged:

There has been a lot of talk on Military and Law Enforcement Forums about pre-MSA Paraclete Gear. Yes, there is a big difference in quality and craftsmanship on MSA Paraclete products compared to the original Paraclete Armor products. This is especially true regarding the products MSA Paraclete has made in the past 2.5 years. Paraclete Armor use to have 350 sewers in the plant and the sewers were broken down into sections or cells so they always built the same type of products; thus giving the sewers a lot of experience on their particular type of pouches or vests. Well since MSA has taken over Paraclete over 320 people have been released from the factory to include all the original management that made the company successful. Some of the management left after they verified how ignorant MSA was regarding tactical gear and how to build or sell the products. Here is an example of what MSA has done to increase their profits while screwing over military soldiers, law enforcement officers, and their own employees. There most senior engineer was over 70 and had made numerous mistakes regarding design so MSA asked him to retire. The MSA manufacturing manager they hired was also let go for not being competent due to numerous decisions that further reduced the quality of the product. So what happens is these two people started a sewing company in Smithfield, NC and now MSA sub contracts their sewing to the same two people they let go for making dumb decisions regarding design, safety, and quality. The department of homeland security ICE has had nothing but problems from MSA regarding sewing and sizing, and imagine who makes the products. You’re correct; the guys they asked to leave Paraclete. MSA sells ballistic plates but they do not make the products. They act like they are MSA plates but in fact they come from Ceradyne and other plate manufactures. So stop buying your plate from a third party. They mark the plates up 30 to 50 percent. That is why a lot of people are looking for pre-MSA products. A lot of the Special Forces units on Fort Bragg use to buy direct from the factory when it was Paraclete Armor and not MSA. The soldiers would be given a tour of the facility and shown how the products were made and sometimes given free stuff. Soldiers would bring in equipment they needed a carrier for and could get it made in two to three weeks and this would be a custom product but they were never charged a design fee even if they only needed 1 item. MSA has totally messed up Paraclete and has destroyed a company that could have run the market for a long time. DO NOT BUY FROM MSA PARACLETE!
John W Anthony

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

I have read both comments and have to agree with them. I purchased gear from MSA Paraclete a few months back and it took forever to get and when I did receive it the size was wrong. Someone had sown a medium tag on a XL vest. Now you think someone in their QC department would have caught this. It took me even longer to get them to switch out the vest as if it was my fault. What gives people??
I would not buy from MSA Paraclete again.
There seems to be know one there that knows what they are doing. I was told all the good people left the company. The best thing MSA could do is get the people back that actually know how to run that company. IDIOTS!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at July 11 at 8:54PM PDT

•••
•••

Lake Forest News Video

•••
Lake Forest Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lake Forest Jobs

•••