Loud Explosion or Thunder
Stephanie

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 26, 2012
Loud thunderous sound at 430 am this morning set off car alarms almost deafening... does anyone know what it was or where it came from... it woke my whole family from a dead sleep so we don't know if there was lightening beforehand or not?
Lauren

Lake Elsinore, CA

#2 Apr 26, 2012
It woke us up too. And we had a huge power surge. I am off of Lincoln and Machado. It had to have been close.
Stephanie

United States

#3 Apr 26, 2012
Lauren wrote:
It woke us up too. And we had a huge power surge. I am off of Lincoln and Machado. It had to have been close.
We luckily didn't have a power surge... we live on a hill... maybe it was just the echo that made it sound so loud... we live near 4 corners... really hoping it was just thunder!!
JERI LAKE ELSINORE

Dallas, TX

#4 Apr 26, 2012
THERES WAS A LARGE JOLT TOO. THEN A HUGE THUNDER SOUND. AS THE STORM MOVED ABOUT 5 MINUTES LATER THERE WAS ANOTHER THUNDER SOUND. i THOUGHT IT WAS A EARTHQUAKE OR A LIGHTENING BOLT HIT REAL CLOSE TO THE HOUSE, i AM 2 BLOCKS FROM THE LAKE OFF OF LAKE SHORE
Dawn

Moreno Valley, CA

#5 Apr 26, 2012
Yes, there was a bright flash of lightening that preceded that thunder. I can't explain why but I woke up in time to SEE that flash. A few seconds later came that enormous explosion of thunder.
jerry

Seattle, WA

#6 Apr 26, 2012
its the government exposing the people of lake Elsinore to biological experiments.
Stephanie

United States

#7 Apr 26, 2012
jerry wrote:
its the government exposing the people of lake Elsinore to biological experiments.
Wouldn't doubt it.
megatype

Sun City, CA

#8 Apr 27, 2012
@Lauren. We heard it too @ Lakeshore and Machado. 4:something in the morning my whole household shot out of bed. It sounded like a truck hit my home. I checked outside but saw nothing. I heard the second rumble too. We assumed lightning and thunder, I figure it was very close. Close enough to sound like a chainsaw in my head when I shot out of bed. That's pretty close. Not sure if I've ever heard thunder that loud/close? Very odd. I'll say it again because I can't express enough, very odd.
robin

Honolulu, HI

#9 Oct 22, 2012
Stephanie wrote:
Loud thunderous sound at 430 am this morning set off car alarms almost deafening... does anyone know what it was or where it came from... it woke my whole family from a dead sleep so we don't know if there was lightening beforehand or not?
I am hearing thunderous sounds now..I keep thinking someone is thumping around upstairs, but it is just me and my husband. Is there a mining company dynamiting nearby?
Thor

Irvine, CA

#10 Oct 23, 2012
Just tossing a little thunder and lightning around...... calm down humans.
Power Surge

San Diego, CA

#11 Oct 23, 2012
Heard some thumping like the movie Jurassic park... It makes the house vibrate anyone else feels it???
Big Chief

Irvine, CA

#12 Oct 24, 2012
It is the dead indian buried under your house. You must move.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Elsinore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lariat and whip master to perform at Pena Adobe Jun 20 iefbr14a 1
Weed Jun 12 Tyler 2
Poll Should Sun City Gardens Be Closed Down? (Jun '08) Jun 9 AMH 28
illegals in perris (Feb '09) Jun 7 fed up 174
Perris, California Weather Forecast Jun 5 Weather Forecast 1
News New Metrolink line through Riverside, Perris a ... Jun 5 Metrolink PVL 1
Delicious lil angell May 28 The dark one 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Elsinore Mortgages