Bungee accident: Girl hurt in bungee ...

Bungee accident: Girl hurt in bungee jump accident in Wisconsin Dells

There are 91 comments on the Fox6 story from Jul 30, 2010, titled Bungee accident: Girl hurt in bungee jump accident in Wisconsin Dells. In it, Fox6 reports that:

The popular bungee jump attraction at Extreme World in Wisconsin Dells is closed after a girl was injured in an accident Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox6.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
sss

Watertown, WI

#1 Jul 30, 2010
Someone is gonna get sued...... They should change the age and weight requirement. Thats horrible. I feel bad for the family and the girl
Hannah

Wisconsin Dells, WI

#2 Jul 30, 2010
Safety measures weren't probably followed.
Janet

AOL

#3 Jul 30, 2010
Accidents happen. All safety measurements were checked im sure. I have been there and they are very good at what they do.
dcw

Riverside, CA

#4 Jul 30, 2010
they had to sign a waiver to go on it.. so don't count on any lawsuits! The net failed... that would be terrible to see happen to anyone especially your own daughter!!
Jay W Milwaukee

Milwaukee, WI

#5 Jul 30, 2010
We pray w/ all our might for the Lord's blessing of healing and health for this poor little girl. I have two daughters about the same age and this story hurts me so. We hope the mother can be strong and again PRAY FURIOUSLY for her daughter's health & well-being. We pray for blessings of the Lord's sure hand on the medical professionals that are treating her that His miracles may come out through their hands to heal her and bring her comfort.-To bring the whole family comfort... Please Lord, hear us...
dwhite

Menomonee Falls, WI

#6 Jul 30, 2010
Well everyone should know that these thing arent 100% safe so if they choose to get on then they take those risks.
wild eye

New Berlin, WI

#7 Jul 30, 2010
Actually a lawsuit should be in the works because even if there was a waiver, it would only cover if someone slips out of the harness or whatever they put on, but not for the malfunctioning net which there is simply no excuse for.
Northwinds

Pulaski, WI

#8 Jul 30, 2010
We we were there last weekend. Our 14 year old son went on one of the extreme rides, however not that one. Our prayers and thoughts are with the family.
Rachel

United States

#9 Jul 30, 2010
we were there last night watching..this must have happened pretty late..my son did the bungee jumping..thank god nothing bad happened
Pete

Sedgewickville, MO

#10 Jul 30, 2010
I was there today and saw her fall and hit the ground. It was terrible I was 50 feet away and my son was 20 feet away. They were messing with the net and didn't raise it up off the ground. I thought someone thru a dummy off at first to test it. She hit the ground and bounced probably 2 feet. I am sick about it.
WhosNext

Appleton, WI

#11 Jul 30, 2010
Can we send her parents over next? Who lets a 12 year-old do something like this in the first place? Idiots.
ann

Milwaukee, WI

#12 Jul 30, 2010
u shouldnt call there parents an idiot, there feeling really bad about what happened to there daughter nobody knew that this was gonna happen, it was an accident and she was old enough to go on, there suppossed to test all of those rides before they go on there, obviously they didnt. they should change the age and weight requirements. I think that they should close all of the bungee jumps down before more people get hurt or killed. my heart goes out to the little girl and her family and I will be praying for them.
Doty

Wisconsin Dells, WI

#13 Jul 30, 2010
It is not the parents' fault that the safety net wasn't properly raised. It is the negligence of people who own and operate the ride. A waiver won't mean anything, because it is only good if the ride is operated under normal circumstances and all safety measures are in place. But if there is negligence on the part of the owner, because all safety precautions weren't followed. I think the waiver covers only if the person has a heart attack or other health issues while on the ride. But I am only guessing. Besides, I thought the bungee cord isn't suppose to be long enough to allow the person hit the ground when going down. and the safety net is only there to catch the person if he or she slips out of the ankle harness.
alexandra

Atlanta, GA

#14 Jul 31, 2010
thanks a lot whosnext, i see where your sentiments lie, the problem was not with the parents by with your states faulty amusement park. they did sign a waiver, to cover the harness...but since each of the rides had JUST been tested for safety, they clearly could never anticipate the NET NOT RAISING. i am sure you and people in your family have both enjoyed rides manufactured by other people at some points in your life. shall we throw you and your family off next too??

if so, you can join ME AND MY PARENTS... the 12 year old girl is my little sister. she is currently in critical condition with multiple fractures and severe internal injuries. if she does survive, she will likely be paralyzed from the neck down. thank you so much for everyones love and support (except whosnext), please keep the prayers coming, we seriously need any love and support we can get. this is the most horrible thing that has ever happened to our family and i cannot sleep, eat, or function knowing that my 12 year old sister could spend the rest of her life, however long it may be, never being able to feed herself, wiggle her toes, or walk again.

thank you again everyone. your support is greatly appreciated.
Billy Bob

Springfield, MO

#15 Jul 31, 2010
Not a bungee...it's a free-fall with net.
BILL

South Milwaukee, WI

#16 Jul 31, 2010
alexandra wrote:
thanks a lot whosnext, i see where your sentiments lie, the problem was not with the parents by with your states faulty amusement park. they did sign a waiver, to cover the harness...but since each of the rides had JUST been tested for safety, they clearly could never anticipate the NET NOT RAISING. i am sure you and people in your family have both enjoyed rides manufactured by other people at some points in your life. shall we throw you and your family off next too??
if so, you can join ME AND MY PARENTS... the 12 year old girl is my little sister. she is currently in critical condition with multiple fractures and severe internal injuries. if she does survive, she will likely be paralyzed from the neck down. thank you so much for everyones love and support (except whosnext), please keep the prayers coming, we seriously need any love and support we can get. this is the most horrible thing that has ever happened to our family and i cannot sleep, eat, or function knowing that my 12 year old sister could spend the rest of her life, however long it may be, never being able to feed herself, wiggle her toes, or walk again.
thank you again everyone. your support is greatly appreciated.
So sorry about what happened i will pray. If there is somthing i can do let me know
Pete

Sedgewickville, MO

#17 Jul 31, 2010
alexandra, please keep us posted will you? Our prayers go out to you guys. I still can't believe what we saw. We were just stopping in there to get a couple t-shirts before we got on the road and decided to watch the jump. I hope the best for your sister.
pix

Milwaukee, WI

#18 Jul 31, 2010
Things happen for a reason, i hope this baby girl makes it through just fine. God Bless them
Mark H

Bolingbrook, IL

#19 Jul 31, 2010
Extreme world provides an alternative family experience including fast go karts. The place has always been clean, employees nice and easy to visit and enjoy. I am very sorry that this accident happened and hope that the investigation can determine what happened , Why it happened and the necessary correction and future prevention for the bungee jump at extreme world and any other location. My son and I go to extreme world for the go karts which are the dells fastest and have had a wonderful time over the past several years. I hope the accident victum recovers fully and that my prays go to the family. THis is a terrible accident and should never happen to anyone again
Tina

Sedgewickville, MO

#20 Jul 31, 2010
Alexandra and Family....my heart is utterly broken for you. I was there and saw what happened along with my husband, Pete and our children. We watched them raise the net and then mysteriously lower it down. We weren't familiar with the ride so we just didn't think much of it. The sound of her hitting the ground and your mother's screams of utter terror haunt us every moment. Your sister is in my heart and I pray for her every moment. We are all just sickened by this. No one can eat, sleep, or function. I have spent every moment looking for updates on her condition. Thank you so very much for letting us know. All who read this, please understand and respect what this family is going through. Focus your energy not on the would've, should've, and could'ves. Focus on that little girl and pray to whatever higher power you believe in for her recovery. Pray for the parents too so that they can focus all there energy on their family and not on the guilt I'm sure their feeling. Its a tragedy of "chance". The ride has not one accident since they opened 8 years ago. Thousands of people have ridden without incident. Why now? Why this little girl? There's no rhyme or reason to "chance".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Delton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Dells area Mobile Homes for sale ???? (Sep '06) May 22 Ellord 33
tell trump hes Apr '16 vote ted cruz 1
Why a Woman President Is Important for the US Apr '16 Papi Chulo 1
Ted Cruz Exposed, watch the Video. then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Ted Cruz Revealed, Watch Video, then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
ladys say trump done Apr '16 Vote For Trump 2
Ted Cruz Revealed, Watch Video, then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Delton Mortgages