Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 18, 2012
bella

Denton, TX

#1 Aug 20, 2012
I just got a ticket on the 35 service road near Swisher road. The cop had just given a ticket to someone else who was just pulling off. I looked at my odometer to make sure I wasn't speeding as I was approaching the cop carthat was parked on the side of the service road. I was going 40 and the speed limit. He pulled out and pulled behind the car that was behind me. Then pulled out while waiting at the light and pulled right behind me and turned his lights on. He stated I was driving 55 in a 40 and gave me a ticket. When I disputed it he was cocky and said do you want me to show you the laser? I should have said yes him. If I try to contest it I have no proof to show my innocence. I do believe hey write tickets to get revenue for the court. Ive read where they are notarious for writing tickets in this location. I hats that I am forced to have to pay this expensive fine but cant contest since its his word over mine. Anyone have this happen? I am sure the officer will show up to court too since its a small court.
John

Lewisville, TX

#2 Nov 15, 2012
Same thing happen to me today. I was approaching Swisher on the service road, had come from a business along I-35 not one block and got pulled over for speeding. I might have been going 43 or 42 but the police officer said i was going 56. My stop was identical to yours. I stopped at the light and when it turn green he pulled behind me and stopped me. I know, I was not speeding beyond the two or three miles. I had only driven for a block and know you almost always wait a while at the light. If it comes down to my world and the officers world, I loose :(
Idea

Aubrey, TX

#3 Nov 18, 2012
If they have dash cams (which I'm sure they do)then file an open records request to get a copy of the traffic stop on a DVD. The cost is $3.00.

And yes, they are notorious for pulling over motorists at this location.

Hope this helps!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 6 hr That Fart Guy 530
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 6 hr That Fart Guy 22,339
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 12 hr That Fart Guy 17,911
Review: Fences-S'glor (Apr '13) 12 hr Victom o Luis Lav... 6
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 15 hr That Fart Guy 337
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sat That Fart Guy 770
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Aug 29 That Fart Guy 722
•••

Lake Dallas News Video

•••
•••

Lake Dallas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lake Dallas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••