FPL unveils plans for coal-fired plant

In a dramatic move to diversify fuel sources and meet future demand for electricity, Florida Power & Light Co. Full Story
Pmoney

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Sep 13, 2006
Where the heck is Lake Okeecobee?
Sam I Am

Northbrook, IL

#2 Sep 13, 2006
what happens when the coal runs out?!?

p.s.

lake okeecobee is in Northern Florida, near the florida/georgia border.
Sam I Am

Northbrook, IL

#3 Sep 13, 2006
:)
Cindy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Sep 13, 2006
Sam I Am wrote:
what happens when the coal runs out?!?
p.s.
lake okeecobee is in Northern Florida, near the florida/georgia border.
The Okefenokee Swamp is near the Florida/Georgia border. Lake Okeechobee is in South Florida near the middle of the state. It's easy to find on a map, because it is very large. Basically, it's the big hole in the middle of the state.
Nelly Spengler

Miami, FL

#5 Sep 18, 2006
For more info on defunct coal plant- the plan was posted at our site and other misc. information. There is also a video of a coal plant, this is similar to what FPL is building.

All of us are paying for building this power plant.

But how did FPL figure out we will have a cheaper source of fuel? The price of natural gas has fallen down since November 2005, we still have not seen any changes in their fuel surcharge cost. Now oil price has gone done and we still have not seen any changes in charges. FPL has been saying everything has been increasing, but never make any adjustment when the fuel goes down!

First the company is guaranteed 10-12% profit, 2nd they pass onto the consumer the increase in fuel costs by doing fuel surcharge, 3rd no matter what happens, the consumer always pays for any power plant they build. We always subsidize everything - a PSC ruling! We have no say on the price rate, nor the quality of services they render to the public. Up to now, FPL has promised to give us better electricity in Glades cutoff and Carlton road, so far all the poles were sitting sideways, and nothing has been done to it for months!

FPL has been monopolizing the industry and PSC is doing nothing to stop it! If any company comes in, FPL lobbies against it. They have their own puppets in the government and they get anything they want, including tax break and incentives. No private businesses can do such an activity as FPL is enjoying. So it was a big shock to them when they got defeated at St. Lucie County!

As a private business, we have to shoulder everything and we do not get any property tax credit or any incentives, not even the guaranteed profit!
Nelly Spengler

Miami, FL

#6 Sep 18, 2006
The website is http://www.nosmog.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewisville teen ID'd as shooting victim (Oct '06) 16 hr ZachNTX 28
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jan 23 Farts 771
Review: Country Ridge Mufflers & Auto Repair Shop Jan 22 Jenniferames86 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jan 19 Farts 612
Lewisville group hopes to ban smoking in city (Dec '09) Jan 16 Polemic 9
Review: Dalrock Transport LLC (Jun '14) Jan 5 Rhenda 7
Ex-officer admits several scams (Dec '06) Nov '14 roxiedenea 165

Lake Dallas News Video

Lake Dallas Dating
Find my Match