Drugs In Lake City!
Yeow

Lake City, FL

#1 Dec 3, 2011
I was told the other day that there is more drug use in this county than in Miami. I don't know if there is any data that makes that statement close to being true, but think it's just something she said from aggravation to make a point about how bad it is. I do see some people out in stores sometimes who are high and can say it's "kids being kids." Occasionally I see a man or woman who looks more seriously out of it, with typical signs of drug use - crack or meth in particular, with dead eyes and bad skin.

How many of you see the use and abuse of legal and illegal drugs around your life or in town? Do you think the problem here is THAT bad? There is crime and there are homeless. Is it drug related? Are there options for users to get help?

Just wondering, that's all.
Tink

Lake City, FL

#2 Dec 3, 2011
Nope. Drug use is very bad in this county. There is nothing positive in this town fot anyone, especially the young people. Lake City is a breeding ground also. The number of girls that get PG just to trap a guy is unreal. I wish this town would get a clue to see how they have destroyed any and all good things that this town has stood for. As for it being as bad is Miami, who knows, but it is bad. Get your kids out of this town while they are still good.
btown citizen

Lake City, FL

#3 Dec 4, 2011
your gonna find drugs and high level of pregnancies any where you go now. move your kids all you want, your not gonna stop them from experimenting with these issues, just educate them to be SMART about it.
Biker Trash

Lake City, FL

#4 Dec 4, 2011
btown citizen wrote:
your gonna find drugs and high level of pregnancies any where you go now. move your kids all you want, your not gonna stop them from experimenting with these issues, just educate them to be SMART about it.
This is a typical liberal non-solution solution. Your kids are going to have sex and do drugs, so instead of trying to stop it or introduce them to a more positive and productive lifestyle, just teach them how to be smart about how to have sex and use drugs!!! That is ridiculous!!! There is definitely no shortage of sex and drug education in the schools, on TV, in magazines and everywhere else and where has it got us, a higher teen pregnancy rate and drug use that is out of control.
btown citizen

Lake City, FL

#5 Dec 4, 2011
ahhhh parenting skills coming from someone named "biker trash"...i think i will pass.
Biker Trash

Lake City, FL

#6 Dec 4, 2011
btown citizen wrote:
ahhhh parenting skills coming from someone named "biker trash"...i think i will pass.
Please do! And when your daughter ends up as a drug addicted prostitute on welfare with 4 or 5 fatherless kids, then you then you can blame it on the school system. When you get custody of your grandchildren then you can put thier morality in the hands of the school system and the cycle can continue. Good Luck With That.
btown citizen

Lake City, FL

#7 Dec 4, 2011
what is with the "school system"? its not the schools job to teach the children about drugs and sex..ITS THE PARENTS JOB! all i am saying is no matter what you tell children/teens 7 out of 10 times they are going to do it regardless. the more you say don't don't don't, the more they want to do it. loosen the leash and let them figure out what is right and wrong for them. most of your young teen parents and teens on drugs are the teens with parents cramming the don't word down their throat. bottom line, there is no right and wrong way to raise/educate children, just like there is no right and wrong religious belief, every body is different and has there different ways. some ways work for some but not for others.
Tink

Lake City, FL

#8 Dec 4, 2011
They took disipline out of the schools. You go to a cancelor and they ask you what is going on in your home life to make you act up in school. What a crock. Kids don't have to mind in school. I have seen it too many times. My kids are grown but schools were so bad here I took them out and homeschooled them. One of my boys was so far behind in math I had to focus on that for almost a whole school year to just get him caught up to his grade level.
Drugs are bad everywhere, but when you don't have any positive things going on that they could focus on other than running around and getting into trouble, they will get into trouble. Just think of how many places there are for kids here. Not many are there.
My son told me one time, mom, it is ashamed that the only place to go in lake city is wal mart.
that was one of the sadest things i have ever heard.
Biker Trash

Lake City, FL

#9 Dec 4, 2011
Tink wrote:
They took disipline out of the schools. You go to a cancelor and they ask you what is going on in your home life to make you act up in school. What a crock. Kids don't have to mind in school. I have seen it too many times. My kids are grown but schools were so bad here I took them out and homeschooled them. One of my boys was so far behind in math I had to focus on that for almost a whole school year to just get him caught up to his grade level.
Drugs are bad everywhere, but when you don't have any positive things going on that they could focus on other than running around and getting into trouble, they will get into trouble. Just think of how many places there are for kids here. Not many are there.
My son told me one time, mom, it is ashamed that the only place to go in lake city is wal mart.
Well, let me ask you this Tink. When you were home schooling did you "Let Them Off Their Lease" like btown citizen does or did you teach them that promiscuity and drug use was unacceptable behavior? Did you teach your sons to respect women, or just accept that they were going to have pre-marital sex and use drugs no matter what you say?
Tink

Lake City, FL

#10 Dec 4, 2011
LOL Let them off their leash. Funny. I taught my kids. Period. At least I tried to instill morals and values which is more than some. Maybe less than others. I know my kids are grown men and have never abused women in any shape or form. I guess I did my job as a parent.
I really love the way people get in here and twist what people say to make an arguement out of something.
Bottom line is, kids today don't know real values. Values that don't get taught in schools, discipline that isn't there to help guide your children during the 7 or 8 hours that the school system has your kids. What you teach at home isn't exactly what gets taught in schools these days. And no one can argue that. I have many friends that are teachers and what they can tell you speaks volumes. They are so limited to what they can and cannot do. And robo cops are set up at the schools now. They live on campus and there job is to police the kids. Where is the mis communication there. You can't get onto a kid but you can have them arrested for no obeying a teacher. That is the ones that at least try. Teacher have been over heard talking about the kids like they were no better than dogs. They were only there to make the paycheck and could care less if your kid got an education.
I had a public defender tell me once that he hated columbia county schools because many kids are standing in front of a judge when all that was needed at the school was the teacher needing to do his or her job instead of calling the law on a kid. He said he worked several counties and columbia was the worst.
Maybe more parents should keep their kids on a leash so to speak. then maybe they won't get into the depth of destruction that so many kids are falling into.

Okay

Lake City, FL

#11 Dec 5, 2011
Tink wrote:
'

Children should be taught to give back to their community and it's not like there are no activities available to stimulate a child and TEACH them well. A connection means children are less likely to want to get into descructive activities, because they learn respect for others and it helps build their own self-repsect naturally.

If not through a church, then get them involved by walking dogs at the animal shelter or reading books at an elder care facility. There are ball fields and after school groups who also gather regularly, like karate or dance.

I'm guessing the churches in town who gave out Thanksgiving dinners to hundreds of citizens would not have turned down any helping hands on that day!
Justice

Lake City, FL

#12 Dec 13, 2011
Tink wrote:
LOL Let them off their leash. Funny. I taught my kids. Period. At least I tried to instill morals and values which is more than some. Maybe less than others. I know my kids are grown men and have never abused women in any shape or form. I guess I did my job as a parent.
I really love the way people get in here and twist what people say to make an arguement out of something.
Bottom line is, kids today don't know real values. Values that don't get taught in schools, discipline that isn't there to help guide your children during the 7 or 8 hours that the school system has your kids. What you teach at home isn't exactly what gets taught in schools these days. And no one can argue that. I have many friends that are teachers and what they can tell you speaks volumes. They are so limited to what they can and cannot do. And robo cops are set up at the schools now. They live on campus and there job is to police the kids. Where is the mis communication there. You can't get onto a kid but you can have them arrested for no obeying a teacher. That is the ones that at least try. Teacher have been over heard talking about the kids like they were no better than dogs. They were only there to make the paycheck and could care less if your kid got an education.
I had a public defender tell me once that he hated columbia county schools because many kids are standing in front of a judge when all that was needed at the school was the teacher needing to do his or her job instead of calling the law on a kid. He said he worked several counties and columbia was the worst.
Maybe more parents should keep their kids on a leash so to speak. then maybe they won't get into the depth of destruction that so many kids are falling into.
Sounds like you got bad kids and live in a bad neighborhood, where people run their mouth without doing anything about the problems.
Tink

Lake City, FL

#13 Dec 13, 2011
I don't have bad kids nor do I live in a bad neighborhood. where in the world do you get that from.
The teachers were overheard saying that by a vendor who was filling up a candy machine that was in the teachers lounge at one of the schools. They talked bad about the kids.
The public defender was talking to me about how bad it is in lake city with the teachers not doing their jobs.
It had nothing to do with a neighborhood.
Why even try to talk in here. People twists words around.
Good luck if your kids are in a public school in lake city. you'll need it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Santa Fe Park, Worthington Springs, FL (Nov '13) Wed Dylan 43
Best 4-FC Research Chemicals Vendors - Buyer ra... Jul 18 BiZKiT 3
Trusted Research Chemicals Vendors EU Reviews Jul 18 BiZKiT 1
Number 1 One Research Chemicals Shop Vendor. (Nov '16) Jul 17 Franco 9
Pha.PrivateTrade is safe Research Chemicals Sho... Jul 17 Franco 5
Best 4-Fluorococaine Research Chemical Shop Pha... Jul 17 Franco 2
Pha.PrivateTrade is best Vendor. Jul 17 Franco 1

Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance