Review: Cuts By Us
Waiting for Service

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Jul 20, 2010
When I came into the salon there was no one waiting. There was no one attending the counter for the customers that walked in. Customer service was "self service". If you were lucky enough to find the list, you put your name on a list and waited...and waited...and waited....If you were lucky enough to finally have an employee walk over to check the list you waited more. I waited more than 30 minutes, one customer was completed and the employee that was attending to her started to clean the area then went to the back of the store. When she came back to the front she started to clean again. By this time there were 4 of us waiting for service. The customer service at this "Clip Joint" was none existant. I would never want to be someone with this little regard to cut my hair! I would never recommend this "Clip Joint" to anyone that would want any kind of customer service. It is a lousy place to wait......... if you have the time.

“Always Room For Jell-o”

Since: Jan 10

Alachua, FL

#2 Jul 21, 2010
You would think in these challenging times you would want to keep clients happy and not make them wait...Pride and work ethics have gone out the window in most industries..I'm sorry you had to wait..I know how you feel
Senior Chief

Lake City, FL

#3 Jul 21, 2010
I visited this clip joint and had the same poor customer service experience as "waiting for service". I came in, put my name on the list and then sat and watched some employee's chit chatting, walking around and trying to look busy. The person, who seemed to be in charge was cutting a little boys hair and spent an enormous amount of time gelling and primping this kids hair to the point of giving me the impression that she was trying to avoid moving on to the nest customer. I sat there about 30 minutes and then walked out. I went to a place down the street who took me right in and only charged $8.00 for a hair cut.

“Always Room For Jell-o”

Since: Jan 10

Alachua, FL

#4 Jul 21, 2010
Good for you..and I bet "you look marvelous"!! And $8.00..such a deal!!!

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#5 Jul 23, 2010
A stylist I had recently began to use at another shop left to join this one and I followed her, where I have been a regular customer since it first opened. I have never personally experienced the problems mentioned or witnessed it either. It doesn't mean it doesn't happen, though there is NO Excuse for POOR Service!

Most salons at this price point cannot affort to have a full-time greeter at the entry desk. If someone expects that treatment, then a high-end salon will provide it, as well as charging much more for their services in order to give that to you. Still though, it's about anyone in the service industry paying attention to make sure any walk-in becomes a regular!

I would recommend this shop, based on the price (I pay $7.95 each time by using a coupon from The Advertiser) and the service I get from my stylist each time.
Senior Chief

Lake City, FL

#6 Jul 23, 2010
Well sisteroak, as a matter of fact my hair does look marvelous!!! KnKStrZ if I had a personal stylist and followed her to her next shop, I would expect to get great service as well. I was a new walk in customer and I was ignored. But you know what they say, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. They will not get that second chance!

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#7 Jul 24, 2010
Yes, I totally understand and AGREE. There is NO excuse for bad service!
Jenn

Gainesville, FL

#8 Aug 30, 2010
Well, I've started using this place in the last year, and I've had no problems. My stylist, Jennifer, always does a GREAT job with my color, and I'm always happy with my cut. Now, I will admit, as I've sat in the chair getting my color, I have noticed long wait times for people. I also have noticed that some employees like to use their cell phone instead of take next in line, but in all fairness, I've heard the manager really get on these slack employees. I've had the opportunity to chat w/manager and I really think she is doing the best she can. If you havent run a business before, than you can't imagine the effort it takes to work with your employees and get them motivated to WANT to do the job they were hired for.
IMO, this is a great place and I recomed making an appointment with Jennifer if you want great service and fast turn times.
Lori

Lake City, FL

#9 Aug 9, 2011
The manager insulted my hair and talked loud enough for the entire salon to hear her opinion of my thin,fine damaged locks. I wanted a long body wave, and thanks to Cutting Attractions my hair looks good and has a body wave
Lori

Lake City, FL

#10 Aug 9, 2011
Jennifer insulted my hair in a loud voice so everyone in the shop could hear. I wanted a long body wave, and after 4 cuts from her, she told my hair was fine, then when I came in to get a perm, she embarrassed me, calling all the stylists over to show them my fine, thin hair. I now have a great body wave and a new hair salon. In my opinion, she is an example of poor customer serice.
Anonymous

Lake Butler, FL

#11 Aug 10, 2011
Jenn wrote:
Well, I've started using this place in the last year, and I've had no problems. My stylist, Jennifer, always does a GREAT job with my color, and I'm always happy with my cut. Now, I will admit, as I've sat in the chair getting my color, I have noticed long wait times for people. I also have noticed that some employees like to use their cell phone instead of take next in line, but in all fairness, I've heard the manager really get on these slack employees. I've had the opportunity to chat w/manager and I really think she is doing the best she can. If you havent run a business before, than you can't imagine the effort it takes to work with your employees and get them motivated to WANT to do the job they were hired for.
IMO, this is a great place and I recomed making an appointment with Jennifer if you want great service and fast turn times.
Jennifer is the one i let touch my hair. she listens to what i want and does it perfectly. the customer service is always helpful when i am in there. im not saying this didn't happen..im just saying i have never been disappointed. fast and friendly service.
Margie

Lake City, FL

#12 Nov 8, 2011
Jennifer is th best. Sometimes you have to wait, however it is so worth it, especailly for the price you pay. People should learn to relax and not get so stressed out over having to wait a little bit. I come from a city where you would have to commutte hours and hours out of your day just to get around. Chill out uptight people, it's not that serious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
michelle Oct 16 Skeet 8
Katie styles Oct 12 Sorry 2
Young fm just moved here from Miami Oct 12 young fm 78six877... 1
fake-id-card.org Scam ? Oct 10 BiZKiT 1
Trusted Research Chemicals Shop Forum (Apr '17) Oct 6 Garret 3
Pha.PrivateTrade is safe Research Chemicals Sho... (Apr '17) Oct 1 Garret 6
Chemsarus Corruption and Extortion Oct 1 Garret 1

Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance