3 Shot Outside Lake City American Legion

3 Shot Outside Lake City American Legion

There are 11 comments on the WJXT-TV story from Nov 9, 2009, titled 3 Shot Outside Lake City American Legion. In it, WJXT-TV reports that:

Three people were shot early Sunday morning outside the American Legion post in Lake City and the Columbia County Sheriff's Office has named a 19-year-old suspect in the case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJXT-TV.

Deleon Kelly jr

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Nov 10, 2009
Wow lake city is getting wild I know I've been gone for nine years but now it seems like you can't get a good fist fight anymore. Since y'all like shooting so much why not join the army with me so we can shoot people legally
Bre96

Columbia, SC

#2 Nov 10, 2009
Deleon Kelly jr wrote:
Wow lake city is getting wild I know I've been gone for nine years but now it seems like you can't get a good fist fight anymore. Since y'all like shooting so much why not join the army with me so we can shoot people legally
Be glad that you left.Lake City is no place for a young black man trying to make an honest living. It may be getting wild but the question is WHY?
For a small commnunity that is growing constantly, you still have young blacks that aren't criminals or felons unable to get a job. And the ones that have went down the wrong road and are now looking for a way out and are knocked backed down.
The cry for help can be seen on young mens and womens faces everyday.
You made a comment about shooting people legally, so is that what Hasan was doing at Fort Hood? Be careful of the words you speak. The military is full of people with your jokingly mentality, that it's cool to kill but in God's eyes, it isn't!
You'll still have to stand and give an account of the things you do on this earth. Wether they be good or bad!
Deleon Kelly jr

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Nov 10, 2009
BRE 96 first off hasan was a idiot now that we got that out the way yes people in the military have a joking mentallity about killing and we should. Because it is us putting our life on the line for people like you everyday. I myself am black but I don't make excuses for black people who go out and commit felonies. We all are afforded equal opportunities even I'n lake city. My family still live there and I would never make an excuse for them because they are black. I am more than ready to give an account to god for my actions. And you know as well as I do if another country tried to take over America tommorow you wouldn't care how many of those people I kill. I don't know why you would say it's hard I don't think so I think people need to try harder and stop try to be so chosey on what jobs they will do. I've been working non stop since I was sixteen years old and I'm 27 now and from the same place you claim is so tuff.
JDI

Columbia, SC

#4 Nov 10, 2009
Deleon Kelly jr wrote:
BRE 96 first off hasan was a idiot now that we got that out the way yes people in the military have a joking mentallity about killing and we should. Because it is us putting our life on the line for people like you everyday. I myself am black but I don't make excuses for black people who go out and commit felonies. We all are afforded equal opportunities even I'n lake city. My family still live there and I would never make an excuse for them because they are black. I am more than ready to give an account to god for my actions. And you know as well as I do if another country tried to take over America tommorow you wouldn't care how many of those people I kill. I don't know why you would say it's hard I don't think so I think people need to try harder and stop try to be so chosey on what jobs they will do. I've been working non stop since I was sixteen years old and I'm 27 now and from the same place you claim is so tuff.
Well that IDIOT represented the Military and what a fine job he did!
And let's get one thing straight you have not and never will put your life on the line for me or anyone else. You made that choice to be where you are for what ever reason. A man name Jesus died for me and I haven't read anywhere else where he required anyone else to lay down their life, he paid the price IN FULL.
Man on the other hand created and are still creating reasons for people like you to lose their life or end up mammed over a war you still don't know what started it, or who started and what for! But I know Christ died that I may live and gain eternal life and forgiveness from ALL my sins.
I work with under age youth in Columbia County and I know the hardships and everyday battles they face. Alot of them are in situations by force NOT choice.
So many are being provoked and looked down upon by the very adults, teachers, mothers and fathers that are supposed to be being the ones setting the right example.
Alot of their anger and bitterness is not because of self pity but because of the efforts they put forth continually go overlooked and pushed aside.
I had students last year that achieved great goals and are doing great in their lives and they are the ones that really pressed their way, some needed extra encouragement and still are making a difference in the real world, while others are still hopeless at finding jobs and facing being thrown out by tired and weighted down parents.

It's an endless cycle of no money big problems. I'm not making excuses for anybody but it's easy to talk the talk when your self obsorbed and think your doing the world a favor, hmmm, it must be nice!
Deleon Kelly jr

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Nov 10, 2009
Yes it is nice and I love it ok I'm glad you are working with the youth however you think I didn't go through those same hardships? When I was in school yes I volunteered for the army but because I did there is no draft. Im not self obsorbed I just know if you that you can do anything you put your mind to no matter what color you are or what obstacles are placed in front of you. So sound like a religous person so you should know that. Maybe I did sound arogant in my last post but I hate when people say it's hard for black people he'll it's hard for everyone but those who have the will to win will be champions. I set goals in my life every year and keep working until I achieve those goals. You are talking about lake city I just left Philadelphia in august and I recruited in the roughest neighborhoods there and I witnessed people who came from extreme circumstances make it out. It's the ones who want to and not the people who simply accept defeat
DeLeon Kelly Jr

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Nov 10, 2009
JDI wrote:
<quoted text>Well that IDIOT represented the Military and what a fine job he did!
And let's get one thing straight you have not and never will put your life on the line for me or anyone else. You made that choice to be where you are for what ever reason. A man name Jesus died for me and I haven't read anywhere else where he required anyone else to lay down their life, he paid the price IN FULL.
Man on the other hand created and are still creating reasons for people like you to lose their life or end up mammed over a war you still don't know what started it, or who started and what for! But I know Christ died that I may live and gain eternal life and forgiveness from ALL my sins.
I work with under age youth in Columbia County and I know the hardships and everyday battles they face. Alot of them are in situations by force NOT choice.
So many are being provoked and looked down upon by the very adults, teachers, mothers and fathers that are supposed to be being the ones setting the right example.
Alot of their anger and bitterness is not because of self pity but because of the efforts they put forth continually go overlooked and pushed aside.
I had students last year that achieved great goals and are doing great in their lives and they are the ones that really pressed their way, some needed extra encouragement and still are making a difference in the real world, while others are still hopeless at finding jobs and facing being thrown out by tired and weighted down parents.
It's an endless cycle of no money big problems. I'm not making excuses for anybody but it's easy to talk the talk when your self obsorbed and think your doing the world a favor, hmmm, it must be nice!
By the way do I know you? ANd what school do you work at?
Bre96JDI

Columbia, SC

#7 Nov 10, 2009
Deleon Kelly jr wrote:
Yes it is nice and I love it ok I'm glad you are working with the youth however you think I didn't go through those same hardships? When I was in school yes I volunteered for the army but because I did there is no draft. Im not self obsorbed I just know if you that you can do anything you put your mind to no matter what color you are or what obstacles are placed in front of you. So sound like a religous person so you should know that. Maybe I did sound arogant in my last post but I hate when people say it's hard for black people he'll it's hard for everyone but those who have the will to win will be champions. I set goals in my life every year and keep working until I achieve those goals. You are talking about lake city I just left Philadelphia in august and I recruited in the roughest neighborhoods there and I witnessed people who came from extreme circumstances make it out. It's the ones who want to and not the people who simply accept defeat
You still FAIL to realize that in every case where there is a winner, there has to be losers, then what? They don't matter? The card they've been dealt is a shame to whom? Them? You and me? Who is there for them?
What do you say to a child who's mother is strung out on crack, her father is in prison and she's 15 yrs old impregnated by her 31 yr old boyfriend who is the only one in her eyes "there for her". I see it all the time. Society sweeps these kind under the rug and turn a blind eye. From Long st. over to MLK and Aberdeen it's as common as seeing your daily mailman, seriously.
This is what I deal with. I see that your into recruiting young men and I "guess" that's good. It may take them off the street but what about the street that is in them? A young man scourned by the absense of a father and the neglect of a mother has some hidden hurt that no amount of military service can heal! I've seen grown men break down and cry over things that happened to them 25+ years ago, but you never would have known it until you started peeling back the layers of "a strong man". Then the truth is revealed.
The truth is, there are some people in this world that are born to suffer but that doesn't mean no nobody has to care, cause I do!
Bre96JDI

Columbia, SC

#8 Nov 10, 2009
DeLeon Kelly Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way do I know you? ANd what school do you work at?
I doubt it but I did go to school with a kelly and I know of some other kellys'. I was c/0 96 so you have been a freshmen when I came out.
I graduated Columbi High though.

I don't work at any schools I just do street ministry.
kkhur3

United States

#9 Nov 21, 2009
I moved recently out of Lake City, Florida and crime is getting bad there. Jobs are impossible to find, years of being a single parent in that city turned me sour. Not to mention the young black men you mentioned. Those with criminal records and those without CANNOT find employment in that city. Unless you KNOW someone or have $$$ forget it. It makes me sad to see this aimed at young black people. I am a white single mother who let black people who were homeless stay in my home. Crime is going to get worse when there is a crooked police force and sheriff department and no jobs for the average citizen. By the way I am an educated woman. Thank you and good luck to all of you

“Shed so many tears”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#10 Nov 24, 2009
kkhur3 wrote:
I moved recently out of Lake City, Florida and crime is getting bad there. Jobs are impossible to find, years of being a single parent in that city turned me sour. Not to mention the young black men you mentioned. Those with criminal records and those without CANNOT find employment in that city. Unless you KNOW someone or have $$$ forget it. It makes me sad to see this aimed at young black people. I am a white single mother who let black people who were homeless stay in my home. Crime is going to get worse when there is a crooked police force and sheriff department and no jobs for the average citizen. By the way I am an educated woman. Thank you and good luck to all of you
It is a sad situation with zero solutions to the growing problem. Most people working in Lake City are working 2 part time jobs or have to travel to Gainesville or jacksonville for work. I believe it's gonna get worse before it ever gets better. Truth is, this whole nation needs to get down on their knees and pray!

“Shed so many tears”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#11 Nov 24, 2009
Oh by the way they caught the lil thug yesterday responsible for the shootings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas roadhouse Feb 18 Chris 1
Kevin Kirby, Road Dept. Boss Feb 16 Lane4233 1
The singles of Branford Feb 16 Lane4233 2
New Deli & Bakery coming to Fort White soon! (Nov '15) Feb 16 Lane4233 8
michelle (Jun '17) Feb 16 Lane4233 16
Lake city Correctional Facility (Sep '07) Feb 12 1sjkayman1 200
News Lady Gaga unveils see-through stage design (Mar '14) Feb 10 Jim Shoe 9

Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake City Mortgages