First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Vicki Alexander

Bakersfield, CA

#3 Oct 14, 2006
Sorry, I just came across this post or I would've helped. Did he get to go?
Tammy Jones

Century, FL

#4 Oct 19, 2006
I know the federal systems is ridiculous..A yr ago my nephew was federally indited on drug charges..It was a non viloent first time offense for him also..he had never been arrested befo, only thing on his record was a seatbealt ticket..and he was given 12yrs without parole. I can't imagine What this man is going through to be given life without parole for a first time non viloent offense. That is out rageous. It makes you wander what has become of our justice system today. When we have child abusers and rapists that aren't get near that about of time...they get 6 months to a yr. Just last week here in my town a man plead guilty to first degree rape and the judge sentenceed him to 10 yrs ..but 9 yrs was suspended and he got a yr supervised probation..I don't understand how a rapits can get by with assulting a woman and get off so easy and someone like my nephew and so many others are being treat so unjustly. It just makes no sense to me. I wish all you that are going through this the best of luck and hopefully someone will listens to our pleas for the release of these men and women being treat unjustly in the federal system.
kitty

Steamboat Springs, CO

#5 Oct 26, 2006
I also have a son doing twenty years for a non violent drug offense. There has to be help coming for these guys and their families. I want to hold my son once again before I die. Please show some relief for us
betty schindelbeck

Midlothian, VA

#8 Jan 12, 2007
Tammy Jones wrote:
I know the federal systems is ridiculous..A yr ago my nephew was federally indited on drug charges..It was a non viloent first time offense for him also..he had never been arrested befo, only thing on his record was a seatbealt ticket..and he was given 12yrs without parole. I can't imagine What this man is going through to be given life without parole for a first time non viloent offense. That is out rageous. It makes you wander what has become of our justice system today. When we have child abusers and rapists that aren't get near that about of time...they get 6 months to a yr. Just last week here in my town a man plead guilty to first degree rape and the judge sentenceed him to 10 yrs ..but 9 yrs was suspended and he got a yr supervised probation..I don't understand how a rapits can get by with assulting a woman and get off so easy and someone like my nephew and so many others are being treat so unjustly. It just makes no sense to me. I wish all you that are going through this the best of luck and hopefully someone will listens to our pleas for the release of these men and women being treat unjustly in the federal system.
You are absolutely correct to have this opinion of the federal system. Their policy of their so called "guidelines" for sentencing are ridiculous and should be abolished to consider cases on an individual situation. Also they need to quit lying to the arrested persons by giving plea agreements and then increasing the time via probation officers who have no legal training and should not be allowed to tack on time to a plea. Support bill HR3072.
betty schindelbeck

Midlothian, VA

#9 Jan 12, 2007
Does anyone out there have an update on HR3072. The Federal Unjust System should revise their policy and do what is right by first offenders on an individual basis and not the current "guidelines" as they call it. This bill should be passed during this congressional session and is long overdue.
Colleen Klotz TX

United States

#10 Mar 4, 2007
I also would like any information or advice anyone can give to me to help get HR3072 passed. I too have a loved one in the federal system, he was sentenced to 70 months on 1st time low level non-violent drug charge. This system is so crazy, you can kill someone and do less time then most federal inmates. The goverment is aware of this, and I often wonder when these kinds of issues will be addressed. Please if you have any information for me and mine, please let me know. Thank you.
Minerva Valdez

Del Rio, TX

#11 Apr 19, 2007
i want this law to pass too, because the system has to do something about it, BUT don't give up only the power of GOD can do this come to pass and remember that nothing is impossible for GOD. my husband was sentence 30 years never had a criminal record and never benn arrested just because of say so. That is wrong but WE the people can make a difference by writing letters and letting them know that it's time for the congress to put back Federal parole and byu the POWER OF THE ALL MIGHTY I HAVE FAITH THAT IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. GOD BLESS EVERYONE:)
Pat Roseno

AOL

#12 May 8, 2007
I have a son in Federal Prison for stupid mistakes. But the addicts etc. need help not prison. Go get the people bring it into the states and the ones making it. I hope this Bill passes. I would like more information about this Bill
mark anthony given

Helena, MT

#13 May 10, 2007
i knew georgy in marrianna in the 90's
dude was always smiling
i think of him often
just started a new blog for george
http"//freegeorgemartoran o.blogspot.com
anyone have any ideas what to do with it that hasnt already been done please advise
TONY

AOL

#15 Jun 20, 2007
I KNEW GEORGE IN PHILLY IN THE 70S 80S HE WAS NEVER A BAD GUY. OUR FEDERAL GOVT DECIDED TO GO HARD REAL HARD ON PEOPLE IN THE 80S. BUT I DON'T THINK IT HAS HAD THE EFFECT THEY WANTED. THERE ARE STILL MANY MANY DRUG DEALERS BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY MANY DRUG BUYERS. I DO NOT HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO STOP THE PROBLEMS DRUGS CAUSE IN AMERICA EXCEPT LEGALIZATION, BUT THATS A LONG WAY OFF IN THE FUTURE.SADLY BEFORE THE LAWMAKERS DO THAT IM AFRAID THEY WILL GO THE NEXT STEP WHICH IS EXECUTION FOR DEALING DRUGS GEORGE HAS BEEN PUNISHED, HES BEEN PUNISHED PLENTY, THE POINTS BEEN MADE, HE WONT DO IT AGAIN HE WISHES HE NEVER HAD HES WISHED THAT FOR THE LAST 24 PLUS YEARS AND ITS TIME HE WAS GIVEN A SHOT AT THE REST OF HIS LIFE BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO HEAR US.
not a bleeding heart

Atlanta, GA

#16 Jun 22, 2007
I for one think the system is working, so why change it?
I feel sorry for the family's for having to go through this with the convict(s) but we need more jails ie. prisons. More guards.
After all these people are all Innocent right?
None of them did anything wrong they were all trapped by the Bad Federal Government.
Just my thoughts,what yours?
mama2731

North Fort Myers, FL

#17 Jun 27, 2007
There are a couple of sites to keep up on HR3072. FedCure and Law.com/newswire and The sentencing project. You can sign up with your e-mail to send any thing judiciary. Go to House Judiciary Committee Members(110th Congress) and write letters. There has to be a hard push this year, Congress would like to do something to help. Betty, you are right about the plea agreement being a lie and allowing probation to tack on to the plea.I do not know how this is allowed???

“HR3072 Federal Parole”

Since: Jun 07

LaBelle

#18 Jun 27, 2007
not a bleeding heart wrote:
I for one think the system is working, so why change it?
I feel sorry for the family's for having to go through this with the convict(s) but we need more jails ie. prisons. More guards.
After all these people are all Innocent right?
None of them did anything wrong they were all trapped by the Bad Federal Government.
Just my thoughts,what yours?
Your have no ideal until you have walked in the shoes of Federal Prison. Only then will you understand the pain. The crimes do not deserve the time...

“HR3072 Federal Parole”

LaBelle

#19 Jun 27, 2007
betty schindelbeck wrote:
<quoted text> You are absolutely correct to have this opinion of the federal system. Their policy of their so called "guidelines" for sentencing are ridiculous and should be abolished to consider cases on an individual situation. Also they need to quit lying to the arrested persons by giving plea agreements and then increasing the time via probation officers who have no legal training and should not be allowed to tack on time to a plea. Support bill HR3072.
Betty look up my quote...

“HR3072 Federal Parole”

LaBelle

#20 Jun 27, 2007
Colleen Klotz TX wrote:
I also would like any information or advice anyone can give to me to help get HR3072 passed. I too have a loved one in the federal system, he was sentenced to 70 months on 1st time low level non-violent drug charge. This system is so crazy, you can kill someone and do less time then most federal inmates. The goverment is aware of this, and I often wonder when these kinds of issues will be addressed. Please if you have any information for me and mine, please let me know. Thank you.
Look up my quote, I put information on HR3072
teetee

United States

#21 Sep 27, 2007
HR 3072 died in the last congress. read www.fedcure.com (or org). They have authored a new bill which has yet to be introduced in this new congress. I am concerned that if and when they do, once again they will run out of time on congress to have it even reviewed in committee, let alone by the full house if even makes it out of committee. To "not a bleeding heart," you have no idea until it's you or a loved one. The lengthy sentences in federal prison not destroys lifes and families, and ultimately are detrimental to society. The longer you keep someone locked down, the harder reintergration will be for that person, and guess what...if that person can not find work, housing etc...oh you'll change your tune if and when that person turns to crime again and the victim is you... and also...in today's society..don't be so high and mighty because any little thing can get you on the wrong side of the divide...didnt you hear..everything is a crime in the U.S. We criminalize everything. We have 5% of the world's population, yet we have 25% of the worlds incarcerated. How is that possible..well let me tell you... in my state a town is trying to criminalize wearing your pants to low! how idiotic is that. White, black, asian and whomever else...that's a fashion trend for all the kids, not something we need to turn into a crime. We are out of control with trying to make everything a crime. In amsterdam marijuana is legal..here you can get a life sentence. This lock em up mentality has gotten us no where. We need to go back to rehabilation models of incarceration...half punishment/half rehabiliation. Most people will get out of prison and if you haven't provided the tools for rehabiliation, that is where you have problems..or should I say more problems. Federal prison sentences are ridiculous! and quite frankly a waste of our tax payers money. Do you have any ideal how much money we can spend on schools if not housing folks like George Martarano for 24 years for some flipping marijuana?? are you kidding me?? Yes, people commit crimes and are guilty...that is not what people are saying... They are saying spending $300,000 to warehouse someone for 10 years in the federal prison system, for an offense where no one was killed, and usually non-violent, is not cost efficient nor smart on crime..its dumb on crime..because there is no rehabiliation....just 10 years of rotting...
no matter what the person does while in fed prison..there really is no incentive to do anything...because you "aint" getting out...no matter what. We are humans, humans fail...but you what gets us to turn around..having an "incentive" to better ourselves. Imagine having a home and family and making a mistake, sentenced to 10 years..by year 5 you family has broken down over the stress...you loose the property you own...your a stranger to your kids.... released from jail with 20 bucks and a bus pass to go nowhere...
rehabilation is the best answer.
MiMi of his 2 young sons

United States

#22 Oct 15, 2007
My son was framed by on of his so called friends. The Judge agreed with the Prosecutor and the Defense aty. to give 7 yrs. Instead he gave 10 yrs. This is a first offense. My son was in the law enforcement and the Judge wanted to make an example of him. His boys need him desperately. They are 4 and 5. I am all for early parole. It is terribly hard on me having to help raise them. I am 60 yrs. old. They also put him 4 states away whick is really expensive to visit.
MiMi of his 2 young sons

United States

#23 Oct 15, 2007
My other thoughts on the judicial system is this. Prisioners need to have medical treatment they need. They also need to educate the prisioners so they can lead normanl lives when they get out. They are limited at what they can do. Make them have more pride.
SUSIE MATTHEWS

Ardmore, OK

#24 Oct 22, 2007
PLEASE HELP GET PROBATION FOR FEDERAL INMATES,SIGN PETITION,CALL CONGRESSMAN,OR PROTEST,WHATEVER IT TAKES,THEY NEED OUR HELP
Anna

Burbank, CA

#25 Oct 26, 2007
I dont know or have anyone in jail but i do agree that the federal goverment is very unfair, nobody should be sentenced 5-10 years for a nonviolent crime that is crazy maybee they should start focusing on the rapeist and killers not drug offenders and white collars, or atleast bring back federal parole...I am a member of fedcure and have voted for the bill HR3072..and for the person who wrote "i think the federal system is working" (ignorance)why dont you do a bit of research and see how many people are nonviolent first time offenders (young) are doing 10-15 years, and rapeists doing 6 years do you really think that its working. What kind of message is our goverment sending out to ppl...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the endtimer, mead ministries, mountain top wha... (Oct '12) Aug 19 comesayittomyface 67
News Florida parents of tot who died in hot car are ... Aug 18 Real4Sure 4
Lake City VA Hospital (Nov '13) Aug 12 DangGotPullNo 26
Fort white Aug 12 DirtyD75 1
Don't these losers have homes? Aug 9 Billy Ray 3
Review: Psychic Readings By Jennifer (Sep '14) Aug 8 edward 3
http://www.chemsrus.com/vendor-news SCAM SCAM... (Apr '14) Aug 5 Geeza 28
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake City Mortgages