Man dies after Lake City deputies Tas...

Man dies after Lake City deputies Taser him

There are 80 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 30, 2007, titled Man dies after Lake City deputies Taser him. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A man died Thursday after deputies stunned him with a Taser after he jumped from an ambulance, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Krispkreme

Jacksonville, FL

#63 Jan 24, 2008
The gentlemant that was "Tasered" broke his restraints and busted out the window of an ambulance and fled into traffic. He successfully fought off 2 Deputies and 3 Firemen prior to being subdued with the Taser. If it were not for the Taser, a gunshot would have been the next option. For the record...it is proven...a Taser has never stopped anyones heart or killed anyone. The device doesn't have enough voltage to stop a heart. People that die after being "Tased" are dying from Excited Delirium Syndrome. I am well versed in the studies as I am in the business. If Tasers were so deadly, why isn't everyone who is Tased dead? They save the lives of law enforcement officers!!
MidlandsCop

Gadsden, SC

#64 Feb 11, 2008
COMMUNITY wrote:
The man was in flight and was running away from the ambulance, and the police. He was running into traffic. He was not carrying a weapon. By description it sounds as if the man who was on drugs was a danger to himself because he had no idea what was going on.
You have got to be KIDDING ME! He was running into traffic? Hmm..lets say you and your lovely family of 4 were driving down the road and this maniac ran out in front of you, you hit him and kill him. How is that going to make you feel? Yeah, its not your fault..but who wants to live with the fact that they hit and killed someone. Tasers are less lethal than a gun and they save many offenders lives each year. People have died from being pepper sprayed...its a risk you take when you decide not to listen to the police and become a complete idiot.

Oh well, guess its just one of those self-correcting errors.
MidlandsCop

Gadsden, SC

#65 Feb 11, 2008
Oh, and before you say anything..I was hit with a taser before I was allowed to carry one. Took the FULL 5 second ride...and I am alive and well...
Mad

San Antonio, TX

#66 Feb 11, 2008
Another tasering death because police are to out of shape to handle even the weakest subject. Most of these overwieght police I see couldnt chase down a two year old.

God forbid they have to walk anywhere but from their car to the donut shop!

Time for some fitness standards and to fire a bunch of larda$$es!
Dr Chang

Orlando, FL

#67 Feb 11, 2008
Soon the lawyers will find a loop hole and start suing. The fact that the manufacturer claims the only people that die from being tazed are on drugs. Speaks volumes. How can the police continue Tazing people that show all the symptoms of drug use. The lawsuits are coming. Maybe not over this case but they are coming.
ride the lightening

San Antonio, TX

#68 Feb 11, 2008
well if the fool had not resisted he wouldnt have had to be "lit up". Very simple concept folks: OBEY the COPS. Dont argue, dont resist, your opinion doesnt count when they tell you to do something. if you resist, you deserve to "ride the lightening". ZAP!
Stan

Orlando, FL

#69 Feb 12, 2008
You are th perfect little subject arent you.
ride the lightening wrote:
well if the fool had not resisted he wouldnt have had to be "lit up". Very simple concept folks: OBEY the COPS. Dont argue, dont resist, your opinion doesnt count when they tell you to do something. if you resist, you deserve to "ride the lightening". ZAP!
Mad

San Antonio, TX

#70 Feb 12, 2008
ride the lightening wrote:
well if the fool had not resisted he wouldnt have had to be "lit up". Very simple concept folks: OBEY the COPS. Dont argue, dont resist, your opinion doesnt count when they tell you to do something. if you resist, you deserve to "ride the lightening". ZAP!
The police are lighting people up on a regular basis because they dont like they way you look or dont believe you are moving fast enough.

I support any lawsuit where citizens have died at the hands ofn high school educated cops lighting people up with impunity caring little about the health and well being of the suspect.

A suspect is innocent until proven guilty. The police are supposed to bring em in not punish them, thats for you and me as jurors to decide.

We need these barbaric weapons of death off the streets immediately. Canada has already done so!
Mo Lubee

Orlando, FL

#71 Feb 12, 2008
It aggravates me that I have to keep posting on threads about deadly tasers after the killing has been done. Over 140 deaths in America this past year - yet the boys in blue like to post denials and studies.

The Taser is a killer. It amounts to summary execution, the cops know it and the cops keep using them.

And they wonder why so many people hate them.

Once again, I will ask that these death-dealing toys called tasers be taken away from the police. The cops have shown their irresponsibility in their use over and over and over.

Tasers kill!

How many times does it have to be proven?

When will the Legislature wake up and ban the use of Tasers in Florida?

How many more people have to be murdered by police officers using Tasers before the Legislature acts?
Paul Blain

Atlanta, GA

#72 Feb 16, 2008
We can only hope you get a chance to take the ride.
This guy that died was a low life scumbag doper.
No loss to Lake City, if the fact be known it cleaned up the streets.
Mo Lubee wrote:
It aggravates me that I have to keep posting on threads about deadly tasers after the killing has been done. Over 140 deaths in America this past year - yet the boys in blue like to post denials and studies.
The Taser is a killer. It amounts to summary execution, the cops know it and the cops keep using them.
And they wonder why so many people hate them.
Once again, I will ask that these death-dealing toys called tasers be taken away from the police. The cops have shown their irresponsibility in their use over and over and over.
Tasers kill!
How many times does it have to be proven?
When will the Legislature wake up and ban the use of Tasers in Florida?
How many more people have to be murdered by police officers using Tasers before the Legislature acts?
Lamar

Melbourne, FL

#73 Feb 16, 2008
Crackhead Moe wrote:
The moral of this tragic story is easy to pick out.
Don't Do Drugs.
At least not whatever that guy was on.
I smell an inbred

Orlando, FL

#74 Feb 17, 2008
God i hope you are not a cop. Inbred !
Paul Blain wrote:
We can only hope you get a chance to take the ride.
This guy that died was a low life scumbag doper.
No loss to Lake City, if the fact be known it cleaned up the streets.
<quoted text>
Tired of the liberal BS

United States

#75 Feb 29, 2008
you sir, are an idiot! Learn about the tool before you talk about it. Tasers have saved countless lives and injuries to both officers and CRIMINALS. Lets see how you feel after you get victimized.
"Loser Mo Lubee wrote:
It aggravates me that I have to keep posting on threads about deadly tasers after the killing has been done. Over 140 deaths in America this past year - yet the boys in blue like to post denials and studies.
The Taser is a killer. It amounts to summary execution, the cops know it and the cops keep using them.
And they wonder why so many people hate them.
Once again, I will ask that these death-dealing toys called tasers be taken away from the police. The cops have shown their irresponsibility in their use over and over and over.
Tasers kill!
How many times does it have to be proven?
When will the Legislature wake up and ban the use of Tasers in Florida?
How many more people have to be murdered by police officers using Tasers before the Legislature acts? "
Sean K

Orlando, FL

#76 Feb 29, 2008
Tasers do not kill, police do.
mad

San Antonio, TX

#77 Feb 29, 2008
Another taser death by these hamless weapons.

Anyone tasered should immediately sure the police. I sure hope Im on the jury!

Im giving them plenty of money for some gold teeth and some 22 inch spinners, Yeah baby!
JoCiRes

Kingsport, TN

#78 Feb 5, 2010
Dr Chang wrote:
Soon the lawyers will find a loop hole and start suing. The fact that the manufacturer claims the only people that die from being tazed are on drugs. Speaks volumes. How can the police continue Tazing people that show all the symptoms of drug use. The lawsuits are coming. Maybe not over this case but they are coming.
So the larda**es are using them on vulnerable people.
Doesn't that make this a murder?
bigman78

Lake City, FL

#79 Dec 6, 2011
Drugs Are Bad Mmmkay wrote:
At least they won't have to deal with this idiot in the courts. Good riddance.
Did you know him? I grew up with him. I think what you said really showes who you are.
chong li

Fort White, FL

#80 Dec 16, 2011
If you should only use in deadly situations a gun would be more appropriate ie deadly. As for needing more than one officer _ they need to learn better people and communication skills
retired

United States

#81 Dec 24, 2011
More officers get injuried depending on others than those who work alone
Dime Bag Darrell

Fort White, FL

#82 Dec 31, 2011
bigman78 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know him? I grew up with him. I think what you said really showes who you are.
He was a two bit loser that was wasting oxygen. He is now where he belongs DEAD good riddance move on. Get yourself a better class of friends who aren't losers or Dope Heads. The Streets of Lake City are a little cleaner now with out him on them. Taser them all let God sort it out!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Kirby, Road Dept. Boss Fri Lane4233 1
The singles of Branford Fri Lane4233 2
New Deli & Bakery coming to Fort White soon! (Nov '15) Fri Lane4233 8
michelle (Jun '17) Fri Lane4233 16
Lake city Correctional Facility (Sep '07) Feb 12 1sjkayman1 200
News Lady Gaga unveils see-through stage design (Mar '14) Feb 10 Jim Shoe 9
I need to know Joseph D Kelley Feb 10 Verb1234 1

Lake City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake City Mortgages