FBI Releases Files on Lake City End Timers' Leader

Feb 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FirstCoastNews

LAKE CITY, Fla. -- The Federal Bureau of Investigation has released hundreds of documents detailing investigations it conducted on Charles Meade, the founder of the group Meade Ministries , who died in 2010.

Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Mar 1, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just know

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

The article clearly states that they only looked into a few things, mostly gun related. The fbi should have looked into the whole not just a part.
There are many layers to this cult. And even though they may have changed and donig a song and dance around things like why there were behind a fence and the guards doesn't mean that something wasn't going on.
The fbi in my opinion dropped the ball here. It should have throughly dug into these people. It is sad that the things that went on there was allowed and is being covered up now.
Biker Trash

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

just know wrote:
The article clearly states that they only looked into a few things, mostly gun related. The fbi should have looked into the whole not just a part.
There are many layers to this cult. And even though they may have changed and donig a song and dance around things like why there were behind a fence and the guards doesn't mean that something wasn't going on.
The fbi in my opinion dropped the ball here. It should have throughly dug into these people. It is sad that the things that went on there was allowed and is being covered up now.
So since the FBI didn't find anything illegal, then in your uninformed opinion, they dropped the ball. I bet if they had found something, you would be singing their praises. Dude, you need to get a life!!!
just know

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

lol They didnt dig into every part of the meade ministries. Read the article. I am and still stand by what I said. Get a life huh. LOL I just love how people do this. I guess since I believe what I have seen and heard for years about this cult means I don't have a life. WOW. I am glad you told me. I guess I better run out and find one.
I do pray that they have changed. For the congregations sake. Read their articles on Lake City Journal. Read how they dance around questions.
just know

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

oh so now i see. you are a member. no wonder you are defending them. or yourself.
again, i pray that they have changed. living in lake city the whole time that they have been here sure there have been rumors. but sadly most of the rumors have been true.
you said if they followed the meade ministries 24/7. they didn't. maybe they should have.
Biker Trash

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

just know wrote:
oh so now i see. you are a member. no wonder you are defending them. or yourself.
again, i pray that they have changed. living in lake city the whole time that they have been here sure there have been rumors. but sadly most of the rumors have been true.
you said if they followed the meade ministries 24/7. they didn't. maybe they should have.
Well I am not a member and never have been, but I do believe in innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. I have to trust our law enforcement, local, state and federal. If the FBI says they did not find Charles Meade or Meade Ministry doing any illegal then, what evidence, other than rumors, do you have to continue to persecute them?
just know

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

Read the article. I said they didn't investigate the whole place. Just some weapons rumors. Man, you people are incredible. I wish the fbi had of done a total investigation of this place. What is so hard to understand that they did not, did not, did not investigate the whole ministry.
Get real people. My son went to this place with a girlfriend. He heard with his own ears what went on. He came home and told us what happened. That isn't rumor. That was a flesh and blood person that went as a vistor and seen what happened.
I know 2 other ladies that visited that church and couldn't believe the false teaching that came from the pulpit. These women had never heard about meade. They were new in town and was looking for a church, saw the sign and went out there.
They came back totally upset at what they heard. Again, flesh and blood people that seen and heard what was going on.
These women had no reason to lie. They were really upset at what they heard. And as for my son, he had no reason to lie either.
I read the song and dance that this new preacher is dishing out. I hope that he is preaching the true word of God. For his sake.
Truth

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

Ive seen lots of people that get very upset when the true word is brought out. Which is why most preachers water it down. This is a church that doesnt water it down.I have heard that one upset person picked a Bible intending to prove this church wrong and realized once he started reading that the preaching was right in line with the King James Bible.That was several years ago but the same word of God is still preached today. Go visit for yourself and see!
just know

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

it wasnt a strong true word. It was fale doctrine. I see how you guys want to defend this. But there is so much more to just telling a strong true word verses a watered down one and what these ladies were telling me they said was false not watered down.
I will not walk into the doors of that so called church while this grandchild has openly tells people that he believes the same thing as his grandfather mr meade.
I can sit here and tell you what the ladies said but you guys will just meade it up. It has been so many years I can't tell you the exact words they used so I would be botching it up. I will say that what they said he preached was not even in the Bible.
Keep on defending these people. But pray for God to open your eyes. Take the Bible and read it and let it teach you. Don't ever take any preachers work that what it is saying is true.
I would never let any preach sway me. I see what the Bible says compaired to what they teach.
God bless and keep you.
just know

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

AND why isnt there any sermons from ole meade himself on your new websight. seems that if he preached the true word or God then you guys would be proud to post them.
just know

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

AND why did dont you have any sermons of meade on your new websight...hmmm
seems that if you are sooo proud of his preaching you would share some
just know

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

unbeliable. i have been to a lot of churches in my time and have never, never, never sang a song to the preacher.
as for his sermons. get them to put them on the sight. that is where they need to be. i would love to hear several of them. i am very curious of how he preached.
i did listen to the begining of one of sermons that you have online. they spoke the word but never once said a scripture book or verse. it was standard stuff nothing special.
i am going to hear more just to see how it is being taught now.
i again pray that they are preaching the true word.
heard something

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

I have tried to think of any song that thanks God for a pastor but can't. but as you well know, thanking God for a pastor and singing praises to a pastor as if he is God is 2 totally different things.
I won't keep on with this. It is just strange how they are coming out now with all this.
Are they taking down or have taken down the wall? This is the only church that I know of that is under lockdown. I have heard of churches getting robbed but they never resorted to building a wall around God's house.
but to each his own.
Good luck and God bless
Tink

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

That article doesn't answer any questions. There isn't any proof it is just a new crew talking.
I would like to see sermons of that Meade guy. Like to hear those songs that were sang to him.
I need to see and hear proof that the so called rumors aren't true.
All this should have been addressed back when Meade was alive.
There were too many people that were NOT members of this church that seen what went on at that place.
All this talk now only makes people question more what truly went on back then.
I am with the other person on this. I don't believe this all of a sudden, we are a new and open church.
Too much talk and not enough proof. Show us the proof.
Tink

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Why now? Why not prove the rumors lies back when he was alive?
Why don't they post sermons from him?
I started listening to a sermon on your websight.
This guy jumped all over the Bible. And before I quit listening he hadn't used one Bible chapter or verse reference. He did say in the book of something, but never gave a specific one.
He also was all over the Bible and never stuck to one theme. It was all fluff and fold and never honed in on anything. Most sermons I have heard over the years preach on one subject and use many parts of the Bible, with refences, to get the point across.
What he said wasn't wrong, but it was a lot of kindergarten stuff.
You claimed in here tough preaching but that sure wasn't it.
I am going to listen to more of these just to see if it ever touches on anything hard or real. Something that would make me stand up and pay attention. Something that is said that would make me say, man I need Christ in my life.
I did see also they are picking and choosing. The dates aren't in line. LIke they aren't each Sundays services.
I will say that this church needs to address specific rumors and prove that they aren't true. Not just babble on with oh that isnt true.
It would be like someone telling people I don't have a big toe. I could say all day long that that isn't ture. But, until i take my shoe off and show my big toe all I have done is run my mouth.
Lynn

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Wanting answers isnt arguing. If you or anyone out there is arguing instead of truly answering questions then you need to get to your knees.
Most of the things I saw about this church were write ups in the Lake City Reporter. Actually reporting not people speaking rumors. So you really need to go to the archives to see just what was put out here.
Everytime you speak you kinda contradict yourself.
You said they preach one way and now you say basically now that Sunday is a worship service and they preach what is on their hearts. Get your own facts straight.
I have listened to many preachers, tough words that bring you to your knees to confess and a lighter preaching that touches your heart and helps yo to see God's love that will send you to your knees to thank him and humble yourself to His great love.
I have not heard either in the 3 different sermons that you have posted on your websight.
I don't have to go out there to get great messages. I go to a great church that isn't surrounded by a fence and have a world of controversary connected to it.
I alo listen to preachers everyday on line. Great preachers like Joyce Meyer, John Hagee, Bob coy, and many others. The word of God is in our home everyday in the morning to help to see us through the wordly day that we face.
I know preaching. I know a fluff piece when it comes out.
Why did you guys decide to do all this now. Why come forward now? Is it because you are promoting that charter school ya'll are trying to get going?
There is some big reason why you are doing this now.
But, it will take a long time to show people that you are NOT you used to be. And yes, this town knows what happened out there. And you know what, miss LJ FL girl, you do too.
Unless you were just too young to understand what was going on right in front of your face.
But, then again, didn't i hear that the kids didn't go into the services. The members had to hire babysitters to keep thier kids because they weren't allowed in the church. I knew a girl that was a babysitter for a member. Was that a lie or rumor also?
so many question, so little answers.
heard something

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

This is futile. The truth won't come out. LOL In fact after this topic, I have heard actually rumors which are so different than the facts about that church was revealed.
I pray that it is a different place now. There are good people that are wanting the word of God and need the word of God. So i pray that they are now getting what they need.
Great discussion. I just wish some truth came out of it. byeee
Biker Trash

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

So letís get this straight. For an independent, non-denominational church or religious activity to function in this community, then they must justify themselves and have their religious beliefs approved by the honorable citizens of Columbia County. And if they don't then they should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI.

If you folks scrutinize a Christian based church with such venom and vigor, then I can just imagine what you must say about the Jehovah Witnesses in town, that mosque out on Highway 90 West. And what is the deal with that Joy Explosion Church on there on Pine Mount Road? Oh and letís throw in those Mormonís with their own Bible and all, not to mention those child molesting Catholics.

The point is these folks are out there doing their thing so why not just leave them alone and let them worship the way they see fit. But with all that said, if they start kidnapping people, taking them to the Meade Mansion and brainwashing them, then give me a call and Iíll be the right up front with you carrying the torch and pitchfork.

PS: There is a Hari Krishna Temple over in Alachua so you better keep your kids out of Alachua County or they might start playing a tamborine and selling flowers at the airport!!!!!
just know

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

HAHAHAHAHA
You are so intellegent aren't you. See if you can find all the articles on meade ministries. There are lots of them. Not rumors, reports of so many things.
All the people that are talking to this girl is only trying to get some proof.
They need to own up the the things of the past and then show the people that they are different. But this new pastor clearly states that he has the same beliefs that his grandfather had. That is scarey.
The people that is talking here isn't talking about silly rumors like palm trees, etc. They are talking about serious issues that surrounds this place.
Get real with your comments.
You clearly don't know the factual reports of this organisation. So just take the time to research before you mouth off.
It made you sound so silly.
Biker Trash

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Judged:

just know wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA
You are so intellegent aren't you. See if you can find all the articles on meade ministries. There are lots of them. Not rumors, reports of so many things.
All the people that are talking to this girl is only trying to get some proof. They need to own up the the things of the past and then show the people that they are different. But this new pastor clearly states that he has the same beliefs that his grandfather had. That is scarey. The people that is talking here isn't talking about silly rumors like palm trees, etc. They are talking about serious issues that surrounds this place.Get real with your comments.You clearly don't know the factual reports of this organisation. So just take the time to research before you mouth off.It made you sound so silly.
Boy aren't you the pot calling the kettle black! What do you want proof of exactly? Talk about looking silly; you keep running your mouth about all of the things happening at this church, but the only thing you talk about is your son's experience and some ladies who happen to visit by accident. Be specific, what do you want to know? What if the're not using the KJV, what's it to you?? And why should they answer to you or anybody else other then God??? Are you planning on joining the church? If so, then I could understand your concerns, but if your not, then it's none of your business.
just know

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

Judged:

They have a lot to answer for. Look up the past articles that have been written. Look into meade ministries.
And if you have a place like this in your community it is your business.
For some reason they are going so called public now. It makes a lot of people wonder why. There is some reason. I could be that they are wanting to promote their charter school. They wouldn't put thier kids into public school and now i hope they don't want this town to warm up to their private school with the belief system they have. They might not teach their religon but who knows what kind of influence they might have on an innocent child.
They need to answer to the things they have done before they are let off the hook for meades actions.
You can rant and rave like you do. You are intitled just like this town is in titled to find out just what is going on. Because something is going on.
Just because not many people are using this forem doesnt mean that they aren't just as concerned as I am.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Lake City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lake City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••