Man Shot at Windsong Apartments by Officer

Posted in the Lake City Forum

Justice for Jeremy Sweeny

Lake City, FL

#1 Sep 25, 2012
I'm just extremely curious how the investigation on this crime is going. From my understanding Jeremy Sweeny had been attacked in his home in his bed while asleep. His girlfriend ran out of the apt. and called 911, I understand the officers were expecting to walk into a domestic violence call, so when they reached the door Mr. Sweeny was exciting the apt with a gun. After being attacked he wasn't sure who it was at his door when he opened it, considering he was severely beaten to the point that his eyes had swollen shut. I feel if he wasn't attacked in his home in his bed, he would have never had drawn a gun on the officers,he was searching for his attacker or attackers when shot by the police officer. I do totally respect the officers view, after last years incident with the domestic violence call when officers were shot, they were unsure of what they were walking into this Tuesday morning @ 2:00am!! I would like to see justice in this case, if Mr. Sweeny was attacked in his sleep, and his girlfriend would have never had to call 911, and HE WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN SHOT!!!

“Shed so many tears”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 12, 2012
Justice for Jeremy Sweeny wrote:
I'm just extremely curious how the investigation on this crime is going. From my understanding Jeremy Sweeny had been attacked in his home in his bed while asleep. His girlfriend ran out of the apt. and called 911, I understand the officers were expecting to walk into a domestic violence call, so when they reached the door Mr. Sweeny was exciting the apt with a gun. After being attacked he wasn't sure who it was at his door when he opened it, considering he was severely beaten to the point that his eyes had swollen shut. I feel if he wasn't attacked in his home in his bed, he would have never had drawn a gun on the officers,he was searching for his attacker or attackers when shot by the police officer. I do totally respect the officers view, after last years incident with the domestic violence call when officers were shot, they were unsure of what they were walking into this Tuesday morning @ 2:00am!! I would like to see justice in this case, if Mr. Sweeny was attacked in his sleep, and his girlfriend would have never had to call 911, and HE WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN SHOT!!!
I heard he came home and caught ole girl in bed with another dude.
Really

United States

#3 Nov 12, 2012
I think the officers did the right thing but the others involved should get off Scott free,
Michelle

Alachua, FL

#4 Nov 12, 2012
If Jeramy was attached as I was told then I believe that the attackers should be held accountable for his death. If not that then they need to be charged with something. A man lost his life.A very fun, loving, father to be.He will never get to experience his daughter or being there for her.This really bothers me.Justice needs to be served. RIP Jeramy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 3 hr stryk 2,984
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 18 hr Morrocan 2,140
Pha.PrivateTrade is best Vendor Mon NanuNanu 162
Review: Kims Chemicals and Phamaceuticals (Sep '12) Mon NanuNanu 123
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Mon Liberal forever 2,526
Chemzcome Research Chemicals 2-MMC Mon soul_explosion 46
attorneys like foreman baby rapper Sep 26 Jon big doe 1
Lake City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Lake City Jobs

Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lake City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]