'Power' move by male students ruffles...

'Power' move by male students ruffles U. of C.

There are 1710 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 27, 2009, titled 'Power' move by male students ruffles U. of C.. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A group of University of Chicago students think it's time the campus focused more on its men.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 86
Next Last
kent

Lake Bluff, IL

#1809 Jun 14, 2009
Hey Jac. You're an Ahole by the way. The Chinese treat their woman like crap....in fact, they kill hundreds of thousand of female babies as a result of the "one child" rule. I'm a WASP and take huge offense to you sir.
Vince

Chattanooga, TN

#1810 Jun 14, 2009
"I can't see it as anything else but the fact that these female-identity support groups feel a challenge to their power and privilege."

As a person who enjoys irony, I say... amen to that!
Chi Town

Wood Dale, IL

#1811 Jun 16, 2009
Then will I get to stay home have a bunch of children I dont support and live off the non whites? Its only fair thats what the minorities in this country have been doing for generation.
Ironman Carmichael wrote:
Welcome to the 21st century. White heterosexual Christian males are no longer assured their top spot on the social food chain. By mid-century, whites will no longer be the dominant race in this country. Might as well start forming the support groups to deal with new reality now.
Joe

Cicero, IL

#1812 Jun 16, 2009
Chi Town wrote:
Then will I get to stay home have a bunch of children I dont support and live off the non whites? Its only fair thats what the minorities in this country have been doing for generation.<quoted text>
You ignore a whole heap of history with your attitude, Chi Town. Not just the fact that many minorities are productive members of society, but also that they achieved that success in the face of some pretty rampant discrimination in education and jobs.
ChiTown

Wood Dale, IL

#1813 Jun 16, 2009
Just replying to the post that we will be the minority and we will need support groups. I'm sick of working for lazy dumb people whens gonna be my time when lord?
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignore a whole heap of history with your attitude, Chi Town. Not just the fact that many minorities are productive members of society, but also that they achieved that success in the face of some pretty rampant discrimination in education and jobs.
ChiTown

Wood Dale, IL

#1814 Jun 16, 2009
Psssst... its not just women every kind of minority pulls this stunt when they cant compete on a level playing field
Incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>
PSSST... WOMEN AREN'T OPPRESSED. They seek to control and dominate even more than men do. Unfortunately, for them, they can't do it by themselves, so they put governmental institutions in place to win their war for them.
Gutless.
Joe

Cicero, IL

#1815 Jun 16, 2009
ChiTown wrote:
Just replying to the post that we will be the minority and we will need support groups. I'm sick of working for lazy dumb people whens gonna be my time when lord? <quoted text>
That's not what was meant by "support groups." And your characterizatuion of minorities as "dumb lazy people" is extremely bigoted and incorrect(though I doubt you'll care). You are supporting far more white people with your tax dollars.
ChiTown

Wood Dale, IL

#1816 Jun 16, 2009
but a much lower %
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what was meant by "support groups." And your characterizatuion of minorities as "dumb lazy people" is extremely bigoted and incorrect(though I doubt you'll care). You are supporting far more white people with your tax dollars.
denizen

Mumbai, India

#1817 Nov 24, 2009
THE BEST CURE FOR FEMINISM EVER KNOWN TO MAN !
www.angryharry.com

THIS IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST PRO MALE ANTIFEMINIST SITES ON THE INTERNET.
USA2Elsewhere

Bensalem, PA

#1818 May 22, 2016
JLocke wrote:
<quoted text>

Wow! Liberal on Liberal verbal violence. White liberal males, you reap what you sow.
I just wanted to reply to the white Ph.D complaining about the bias towards women and minorities. You're right. Men should not be left behind. Women are not earning less simply because they are female. Women WANT to be supported and stay home with children and the worst of it is, the men are letting them. Often the men agree with the women that men should be the providers and women caregivers. I never hear anyone talk about how these traditional gender roles went on so long, meaning basically since we've had jobs available that women can do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 86
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wheeling's name Origin (Aug '10) Tue Hillbilly 2
Whos that girl May 18 Well then 2
News Great Lakes Police Memo (Mar '10) May 4 Sick joke 3
News Photos: Thousands Of Chicagoans & One Horned Tr... May 2 ObamaTown eh 1
News 27-Year-Old Arrested After Standoff In Mundelein (Apr '07) Apr 27 Vboy 117
Review: Come N Dance Conmigo (Jul '12) Apr 25 Rose 3
News Get the Best Gas Fireplace Installation Service... (Nov '13) Oct '14 Jerry Boggs 2

Lake Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Bluff Mortgages