Dead body found in burning car

Dead body found in burning car

There are 3 comments on the Mount Prospect Times story from Nov 25, 2009, titled Dead body found in burning car. In it, Mount Prospect Times reports that:

Lake Bluff police are trying to identify a body found inside a burning car in a parking lot in the 900 block of Sherwood Drive Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mount Prospect Times.

Cprell

Union, NH

#1 Dec 4, 2009
On Wednesday morning, firefighters responded to a reported vehicle fire and discovered a body inside after putting out the fire. Identified from dental records, that victim was Raymond Cross III, 60, of the 700 block of Greenview Place, Lake Forest.

Keller said Cross died of carbon monoxide poisoning and that the case was ruled a suicide. Keller said it looked like Cross set his vehicle on fire.
Dattii

Palatine, IL

#2 Jul 8, 2013
The parking lot he was found in was for my moms work, and I happened to have been with her that day. One of the cops on the case was a family friend, so he didn't exactly send us home. I also got the details from him.
The car caught on fire from a cigarette Cross had been supposedly smoking. I'm not a professional when it comes to crime diagnosis, but this didn't look like a suicide, even though that's what we were told it was. The friend, who I mentioned earlier, and I did have a conversation on how it could have been an accident, or a homicide since his car was unlocked.
GODBLESSTHEDEAD

Ontario, CA

#3 Jul 11, 2013
R.I.P TO MY BOY SETH WEST IE YWN KINGZ INTEL ROCKS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zion, Illinois: City To God, Destroyer Of Beer Jul 27 David and Jacob 4
News Chicago is a city (still) on a hot seat Jul 25 Ramrod Jocko 3
News Walgreens CEO Pessina Signals He's Looking for ... Jul 20 Mostdefinitely 6
News Protesters Call For Release of Melissa Calusinski Jul 18 pachovilla 1
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) Jul 11 Corrupt Union Bos... 7,564
News Gurnee willing to spend $1.425 million to land ... Jul 8 AUH2O 1
News Speaking out against Justus Howell decision Jul 8 Jessie C 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Bluff Mortgages