Mansion's reverend has skeletons in his closet

Full story: Chicago Tribune

T he famous minister George Michael - the Chicago banker who went online for his collar in what looks like a scam to get out of paying property taxes on his Lake Bluff mansion - sure must like ice cream.

Comments (Page 11)

Showing posts 201 - 220 of220
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PRINCESSME

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

If you knew Mike, then you would know that he would spit in your effen face for talking s&%t about his blood! Why dont you put down the bottle you lush, then maybe you would think a little bit more clearly!
Exposed

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

In Memory of Mike wrote:
George E George E
Pudding Pie
Kiss his father
made him Cry
Now he's rolling
in his grave
Cuz George E George
made him his slave
Mike was polish
so you see
he didn't quite fit
in that family
He drank alot
to hide his shame
being related to those kids
WOULDN'T YOU DO THE SAME!!!!!
R.I.P Mike
Wow. Don't you have anything better to do?
all they do is talk

Melrose Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

all these whiners on this board do is mumble and beat their chests (or something) in the dark rooms where their computers reside.

Why do I say this? Because not a single news program today (Sunday) covered the large greek crowd that tried to attend services in Lake Bluff's newest church. Devantes didn't cover it. Kass didn't send his personal film crew up there. Big washout. It was good for filling the dead air between gulps whatever everybody was drinking, but just as this problem, which everyone seems to have been well aware of for years and years, was left alone and unaddressed until there were some empty column-inches to fill, so, today, the web-pastor was left to 'worship' in piece...overlooking the lake no doubt.

talk talk talk...walks.
curious

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

so people really did go there today? what happened?
past george associate

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

check out the racket ball court on the other side of the cross
THE POINT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

all they do is talk wrote:
all these whiners on this board do is mumble and beat their chests (or something) in the dark rooms where their computers reside.
Why do I say this? Because not a single news program today (Sunday) covered the large greek crowd that tried to attend services in Lake Bluff's newest church. Devantes didn't cover it. Kass didn't send his personal film crew up there. Big washout. It was good for filling the dead air between gulps whatever everybody was drinking, but just as this problem, which everyone seems to have been well aware of for years and years, was left alone and unaddressed until there were some empty column-inches to fill, so, today, the web-pastor was left to 'worship' in piece...overlooking the lake no doubt.
talk talk talk...walks.
The point is that the Michaels have been so successful at their sleazy brand of business for so long because nobody knew about them. Everyone who complained about them in the past was easy for the Michaels to sue, dismiss, or explain away.

They did business in secrecy and darkness. Now the rock has been overturned and more and more dirt will continue to come out. The State, County, City, Realtor Boards, etc. etc. won't be able to ignore their indifference of them now that the right questions are being asked of the right people.

Now..if anyone (and I do mean anyone) regardless of heritage and gender does any sort of business with them whatsoever they deserve every last thing that happens to them.
Dark Knights tights

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

Amen to the previous post! We can all hope that this garbage is finally taken off the streets of Chicago. Many will sleep better knowing that they won't have to worry that the bi- polar duo can do no more harm. I can hardly wait to see the for sale sogn on that joke of a bank. I hear most of the buildings are for sale already just wait until the foreclosures start...
CHEESEBURGERdelu xe

Niles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

LARGEfries .cash only! no PUBLICwashroom! NEXT
jsd

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

His lawyer, Mark Belongia, told Kuczka that his client was a "devoutly religious man," and that holding services in the home spared Michael's wife, who is ill, from the hardships of travel.

can someone please tell me how traveling is a hardship that makes one ill?????
jsd

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

i wonder if the wifes on disability for being so sick of traveling.
need to share

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

I thought that an update was necessary... I have checjked tax records and he didtransfer the house to the Church. The Armenian Church of Lake Bluff is located at: 1955 Shore Acres Drive, Lake Bluff. Here is a link you can see the taxrecords. http://www.co.lake.il.us/assessor/assessments...
I will be there Sunday at nine. Anyone else want to come.
Let me also add I have known this family for years. The sons George and Robert are just like their father. John turned out like the mother. She is a good person and if you saw the way these boys treated her. It wouldmake you sick.

SEE YOU SUNDAY!!
swingandmissGEOR GE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

BTFOM wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the address? I'd like to go to church the weekend.
The address is 1955 Shore Acres Road see you there
Realtor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2008

As a neighborhood realtor in the close vicinity of George Michael realty I can attest to the fact that very few other realtors in the area want to deal with him or his office. We have been cheated by him for years. It is very unfair to any seller that hires Michael Realty to market their home. No realtors want to show a property listed by Michael realty and it really puts the poor seller at a disadvantage. I personally will not show a Michael listing because I know my buyer and probably his seller will be cheated. Glad you are finally getting what you have coming George. You have been a sissy ever since high school and still hide behind your phone and attorney!
D - DiLeo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Bated Breath wrote:
The Michaels aren't alone in their behavior. An entreprenurial business like real estate attracts sociopaths, perverts, crooks, greedy personalities (NOT ALL - there are decent people in the business too). These people who go into the business to become kings of all they survey believe they are gods who can do anything and get away with it - especially when it comes to taking advantage of women who need to earn a living for their families. I worked for one of this ilk - an architect/developer who couldn't keep his hands to himself. There is No One to complain to in a situation like this. Of course they deny and deny. But I had a good lawyer. I am truly surprised his wife stayed with him after she learned some of the acts he engaged in. Disgusting people.
George told me that the marriage was "arranged" and that the "wife" (if you will - I don't know when they ever dated from my bird's eye view!) was a "fifth cousin". This was only confessed, by George, once he returned to work,parking his@#*#ing little cars and then continuing to keep and eagle eye on his prey and continue to harrass and obsess over them with his pathetic brown eyes.
They say it all comes out in the end and you get what's coming to you. Sometimes it may take 22 years!
D - DiLeo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

fellow landlord wrote:
George, if you are reading this put your drink down and stop snorting the white angel. Think about your wife and kids.
Your mom and brothers don't deserve this humility either, nor do your nieces and nephews.
Use your brother John as a role model. He's a little wacky at times, but he's a man of his word- no bull - no crap.
Bob, that goes for you as well.
Again, John was always a kind and loving person.
D - DiLeo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Luke wrote:
<quoted text>
My gourd,
Talk about corruption. How can a bank and a business with so many fraudulent activities still be in business after so many years? GM is the king of disgusting pigs. Bring him down, someone please. Enough is enough. He is spitting in our face.
It's actually Bob (Robert) who enjoys spitting in women's faces!(while George and Daddy watch!)
THE POINT

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

good to see other papers getting in on the act...

http://www.pioneerlocal.com/lakeforest/news/1...
sideways on four

Niles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

D - DiLeo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, John was always a kind and loving person.
is there a third brother? and what is his game?
Ahndroo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Not surprised at all, though I am surprised it made the trib.. it's about time someone did something to bring these guys down.. even if in the end it's all for nothing. Someone this connected can't be brought down regardless of the pain and suffering inflicted to the victims of his many schemes.

$700,000 is a drop in the bucket for this guy, hye'll be back to swindling oldsters and stealing candy from Children to make up for what he'd lost, and he'll be just as powerful as before. You don't become personal friends with Aldermen and Chicago cops for nothing.

George, I hope you're reading this. You're a scumbag, you've always been a scumbag, and I hope you get what's coming to you, either in this life or the next.
steve

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

george does read the posts it bothers him very much! so keep posting george I know you molested your oldest child you sick man

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 220 of220
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Lake County was issued at April 16 at 3:22PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lake Bluff Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lake Bluff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE