Mansion's reverend has skeletons in h...

Mansion's reverend has skeletons in his closet

There are 219 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 17, 2008, titled Mansion's reverend has skeletons in his closet. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

T he famous minister George Michael - the Chicago banker who went online for his collar in what looks like a scam to get out of paying property taxes on his Lake Bluff mansion - sure must like ice cream.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Maori

Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 18, 2008
I just can't get enough of those Banks boys. I wonder what those kids are up to now. I bet Robert Grant has a clue.
u gotta be kidding

United States

#2 Jul 18, 2008
don't they fire ministers for that kind of stuff? loser.
Maori

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 18, 2008
u gotta be kidding wrote:
don't they fire ministers for that kind of stuff? loser.
The 7th court makes the "Banks" pay and then they transfer them to another bank. This is going to be a very interesting story. I wonder if Daley has a comment on this.
Maybe Pfleger can clue us in.
Maori

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 18, 2008
I hope that State Rep. John Fritchey can speak about this. With all of your concern regarding ethic's bills, I'm sure you have a hint about what is going on. Make the call John.
CPR

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 18, 2008
Maori wrote:
<quoted text>
The 7th court makes the "Banks" pay and then they transfer them to another bank. This is going to be a very interesting story. I wonder if Daley has a comment on this.
He owns the bank, so where are they going to transfer him to?
CPR

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 18, 2008
Maori wrote:
<quoted text>
He owns the Bank (Citizens Bank)& (Michael Realty) both located near central and elston & Michael Realty has a big electronic sign off highway 90/94 visible East bound into the city. Nobody is going to transfer this guy anywhere, his money will shield him, the bank he owns and the real estate office he owns. Rich get richer...
Ace Flyer

Woodridge, IL

#9 Jul 18, 2008
The Michael brothers have way more than a few skeletons. A graveyard might be more accurate.

Look up all the court cases in the Cook County Circuit Court system. It's astounding!(search under: George Michael, Robert Michael, Citizens Bank and Trust, Michael Realty and Associates Inc. and R&G Properties)

Talk to a few past and present tenants of the Michael brothers (AKA "R&G Properties"). You will be even more shocked to hear of the terrifying things done to Senior Citizens.

If Mr. Michael had actually formed "The Church of Evil and Greed" in his home he would actually of formed the proper Church for what he and his followers believe (and probably have a better legal leg to stand on)!

Belognia and Saindon will change their opinion of Michael once Michael stiffs them for their bill like he has done to so many other Chicagoland attorneys.
Chicago South Side

Evanston, IL

#10 Jul 18, 2008
OH-PAA!
jfp

Chicago, IL

#16 Jul 18, 2008
He is no different than all the other "Reverands" around town. They get their own parking spots on the street, they don't pay property taxes, fooling around with the women in the choir and all drive expensive cars. So why is this guy so different, get wise John this has been going on all over town for many years, surprised your just catching on.
Joey

Palm Springs, CA

#17 Jul 18, 2008
Only two (2) surprises here:

1) He got caught;
2) The Tribune wrote about it.
Hip Hop Guy

Woodridge, IL

#19 Jul 18, 2008
What ever happend to that whole Jo River concert center scandal these guys were involved in?

Wasn't there some type of arson investigation?

Since: Oct 07

Uptown

#21 Jul 18, 2008
Great piece.
Sara Page

United States

#22 Jul 18, 2008
Our paths crossed 20 years ago and I knew they were slime them.
CPR

Chicago, IL

#26 Jul 18, 2008
Mr. Kass,
You have no idea who you have uncovered, scum of the earth this George Michael and his brother Robert Michael.
This man owns a bank called (Citizens Bank & Trust) & a real estate office (Michael Realty).
Just research on the Internet how the FDIC is constantly in court with his bank for breaking regulations, such as selling phantom stock to many Greeks in order to raise capital for the bank.
And who is paying for all George Michael's PERSONAL legal fees every month?...THE BANK HE OWNS.
Look into the legal fees the bank has...it is ridiculous!!! The bank he owns has not made any profit since the day it has opened. AND when all the Greek shareholders complain every year to the 2 Armenian brothers (Robert Michael -Chairman and George Michael -Vice Chairman)...they are told the bank will make a profit next year.
They use the bank as a front to pay all of their PERSONAL legal fees. And the shareholders (most of them Greek) are left with ZERO profits.
Confirm the above by viewing how many court casses exist with these two brothers and verify with the law firms that have represented them who has paid all these enormous legal fees. Furthermore, they have a VERY high turn over rate of law firms and attoneys that represent them. They go through so many lawyers and law firms over the years that I have lost track. These guys even end up screwing over the lawyers for payments of services rendered...I'm not kidding!
They also use the bank as a front to build up their own personal real estate portfolio.
They will continue to swindle more and more innocent people with false promises.
And they accomplish this by preying on naive entrepreneurial business minded folks who come into the bank and sit down and talk directly to the Chairman (Robert Michael) about a loan and who are re-directed to his brothers office (George Michael) across the street at their real estate office (Michael Realty).
Also check how many officers (Presidents) this bank has gone through in the few years it has been in business. There is a GOOD SOUND reason for so many turn-overs.
Please put a stop to them!
Thank you!
Backatcha

AOL

#27 Jul 18, 2008
The Michael brothers can run but they cannot hide! Met these Armenian freaks in Chicago more than 20 years ago and they were wheeling/dealing and taking advantage of people then and still are. Kass's column and disclosure of the sexual harrassment suit is just one of possibly many more to come. In addition, there are probably a lot of women out there who could file suits for abuse. Morals? they have none, character, they have no character, the Reverand sham is just that... You cannot lock these jerks up fast enough and toss the keys!
CPR

Chicago, IL

#28 Jul 18, 2008
Hip Hop Guy wrote:
What ever happend to that whole Jo River concert center scandal these guys were involved in?
Wasn't there some type of arson investigation?
What investigation...do you know who these 2 brothers are? The system protects the rich. They own a BANK, Realestate office and SO MUCH PROPERTY!!!

Since: Jul 08

Chicago

#29 Jul 18, 2008
Good stuff, Kass!
Old Navy Chief

Staunton, IL

#30 Jul 18, 2008
Sic 'em John, sic 'em. Pull this silly twit out of the closet he's hiding in. Religious, my foot.
AMD

Chicago, IL

#32 Jul 18, 2008
I have heard so many stories about these 2 brothers scamming real estate from the elderly and unfortuante, why hasn't anyone put them behind bars yet?

And why has the FDIC and Office of Banks and Real Estate still allowed them to operate their bank and Real Estate Office.

Someone should start hanging signs from their MICHAEL REALTY sign off the 90/94 warning all not to do business with these 2 clowns.

Where is our legal system and regulatory offices when needed?

I hope the Tribune starts to uncover all the other stories behind these two criminals, so justice can commence.

The only problem though is that the Tribune probably is not aware of all the other scams that these two brothers are involved in.

If you have been involved in a wrongful doing by either Robert Michael or his brother George Michael, please contact [email protected] ASAP!!!
sue

Chicago, IL

#33 Jul 18, 2008
Another hypocrite 'man of the cloth'.
Take your seat with 'Rev' Jackson and 'Rev' Wright.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Gym in Gurnee Dec 1 ohhello 2
News The fearful daily life of an undocumented immig... Nov 30 Trump 4 Clinton 0 39
Red Light of Hillary has passed Nov 26 TeddyRoosevelt 1
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) Nov 19 Trumped 7,578
News 'Power' move by male students ruffles U. of C. (May '09) May '16 USA2Elsewhere 1,711
News Get the Best Gas Fireplace Installation Service... (Nov '13) Oct '14 Jerry Boggs 2
The best free onli ne dating website! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Catherina Sopko 1

Lake Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Bluff Mortgages