Environmental group files lawsuit to ...

Environmental group files lawsuit to stop Rialto project

There are 22 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Oct 4, 2010, titled Environmental group files lawsuit to stop Rialto project. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

An environmental group has joined with a neighborhood organization on the north side in a lawsuit against the city to stop part of a massive development approved by the City Council in July.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sorry Grace

Adelanto, CA

#1 Oct 4, 2010
No, it's exactly the wrong thing you did, Grace! That wash burns every 10 years, and floods every dozen or so. I'm a lifetime RIalto resident, I've seen both events happen, several times. Have you? No, all you want is the money and payoffs from the developers. Those people like me, those who still care about quality of life issues in Rialto? We get nothing but the shaft.
SBGrapevine

Victorville, CA

#2 Oct 4, 2010
Congressman Jerry Lewis was named the "minority maker" by the Wall Street Journal and Supervisor Mitzelfelt is the ballot author of the argument in favor of Prop. 23. For more local, state, county, and federal political news, please visit www.sbgrapevine.com
California Sun

Long Beach, CA

#3 Oct 5, 2010
Yes, save the Kangaroo rat, by all means, who cares about all the jobs this development would bring? Why in the world would we want people to take people off welfare and unemployment? Besides, everyone knows Rialto is the garden spot of the universe, a pristine paradise we should fight to preserve.
USA Eagle

Yucaipa, CA

#4 Oct 5, 2010
A rat is more important than people being employed.
1km Sniper

Montgomery, AL

#5 Oct 5, 2010
KANGAROO RAT - The other white meat!
Just Curious

United States

#6 Oct 5, 2010
I agree with with Sorry Grace, it's all about the money and kickbacks. I live in Highland and it's the same thing here. We are destroying wildlife and beautiful land so we can build more million dollar homes no one wants and few can afford. But our single mother Mayor, who by the way, owns a Suburban, convertible porsche and whose 18 year old daughter drives a 7 series BMW is apparently running low on funds and could use another kickback. It has nothing to do with bringing business to the cities, it's more about bringing money to their wallets.
6132 loph 6132

Murrieta, CA

#7 Oct 5, 2010
the city of rialto is too corrupted, grace vargas says that she don't get any pay for been warking in the city. who is going to be do stupid to listen to her. the building department of rialto is the worst in san bernardino county and the one behaind all of this corruption is joe baca jr. citizens never should vote for joe baca jr. in the elections of november this people only are working in rialtofor money and they don't care nothing about citizens or their concerns. it is the same problem with the contamineded water in rialto they don't care nothing only get money is their only concerns.
LocalResi

San Diego, CA

#8 Oct 5, 2010
Only in California, wherein a RAT is more important than the people. It's the so-called "environmentalists" that ruin California jobs and companies. "Protect the rat not the people" is the battle cry. Stupid hippies !
6132 loph 6132

Murrieta, CA

#9 Oct 5, 2010
THE CITY OF RIALTO NEEDS A CLEAN UP WITH A METAL BROOM STARTING WITH THE CITY ATTORNEY, JOE BACA JR. GRACE VARGAS AND THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT,I'M A CITIZEN LIVING IN RIALTO FOR SO MANY YEARS AND I THINK THAT THE OFFICIALS CARE ONLY ABOUT MONEY,MONEY.PLEASE CITIZENS DON'T VOTE FOR JOE BACA JR. ELECT NEW CITY OFFICIALS. IT'S MY POINT OF VIEW.
BBQ Rats

Montgomery, AL

#10 Oct 5, 2010
In the good old days of Highland CA, City Creek wash used to be a river; and now they have built homes in the flood plain; can't wait til all these residence try to sue for flood damage; get a hint, check all engineering studies before you buy, and most often not you probably have to sign a waiver of understanding about living in a floor prone area. My house sits dead on top of the San Andreas (the island side), who do I complain to? Let the rat alone, it's the other "rats" that will move in and destroy the environment.
Ed Nugent

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Oct 5, 2010
Good riddance to the badly mismanaged '00's.

Those thinking about long-term recovery, know the environment will be a big winner in the conversion to biofuels & biopower -- a cool site; Balkingpoints ; incredible satellite view of earth
YUP

San Bernardino, CA

#12 Oct 5, 2010
I wonder how it is that where ever you go to build, Rialto, Highland, Colton, Redlands, Loma Linda, anywhere, that Kangaroo Rat is always listed as endangered. That critter lives in so many areas and always seems to be on the verge of extinction. How is that? Could it be the environmental groups,(oh sorry, problem solvers in this case) have an agenda?
Arealcitizen

Covina, CA

#13 Oct 5, 2010
6132 loph 6132 wrote:
THE CITY OF RIALTO NEEDS A CLEAN UP WITH A METAL BROOM STARTING WITH THE CITY ATTORNEY, JOE BACA JR. GRACE VARGAS AND THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT,I'M A CITIZEN LIVING IN RIALTO FOR SO MANY YEARS AND I THINK THAT THE OFFICIALS CARE ONLY ABOUT MONEY,MONEY.PLEASE CITIZENS DON'T VOTE FOR JOE BACA JR. ELECT NEW CITY OFFICIALS. IT'S MY POINT OF VIEW.
Do you even know what the council members in Rialto make. Trust me it's not for the money. By the way what have you done for the city of Rialto. You people dont care about any Rats, you only care about your own special intrests. If that rat was in your house you would kill it, not set it free in the wild. You are selfish people only worried about yourself. I'm going to pray for you people because you need JESUS.
inland empire lifer

Fontana, CA

#14 Oct 5, 2010
I live in North Rialto and have spent many a Friday sitting on the 15 freeway for hours trying to get home. I have witnessed fires in the area that left only one road out of the area. With an additional 23,000 residents what will happen in the next emergency? This area needs to be left open because the area is prone to fire, floods and is in close proximity to one of the biggest earthquake faults. I do not believe that either the county or the city will be able to properly address an emergency in the area with the burden that this proposed new construction will bring.
crimeman

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Oct 5, 2010
i have the answers,decon and rattraps
In-The-Know -SBo County-

Washington, DC

#16 Oct 5, 2010
Sorry Grace wrote:
No, it's exactly the wrong thing you did, Grace! That wash burns every 10 years, and floods every dozen or so. I'm a lifetime RIalto resident, I've seen both events happen, several times. Have you? No, all you want is the money and payoffs from the developers. Those people like me, those who still care about quality of life issues in Rialto? We get nothing but the shaft.
Quality of Life..in Rialto! What a joke! I lived in Rialto for 20 years, the only way to improve your quality of life is to move OUT of Rialto! LOL! By the way screw that little rat!
Gods Green Earth

United States

#17 Oct 5, 2010
"You people dont care about any Rats, you only care about your own special intrests. If that rat was in your house you would kill it, not set it free in the wild. You are selfish people only worried about yourself. I'm going to pray for you people because you need JESUS."
Yeah Jesus would really love those million dollar homes taking out what precious little rare habitat for his creatures, is left along those foothills, right. Jesus would just keep putting up oil rigs that blast poison through our oceans, Jesus woudln't care about the delicate ecosystem that is balanced to give LIFE to this one planet out of ALL those we know, maybe Jesus would figure, hey, if we screw up this planet, let's go live in space? We can do that right? Yeah, let's live in space, we haven't learned to be proper stewards of the earth, so how could life be sustained in space? It's a PIPE DREAM nurtured by Star Trek and space stations and planned living environments that are completely man-made, paved roads, parking lots, buildings, obliterating those life-giving systems that God created. You think Jesus thinks that we should continue to abuse this land, this one and only home that human beings have?????
Jesus said a whole bunch of really good things that jerks like you leave out when you use his name and USE IT IN VAIN AS YOU ARE DOING. Jesus was a hippie. He threw the money changers out of the temple, remember? Jesus was a scapegoat, too. He was hung on the cross for crimes he didn't commit. He was mocked and tortured because he did the right thing and stood up for the little people...what have these people done for Rialto? They LIVE THERE. "Special interests?" You call it SPECIAL INTERESTS that people want to preserve what natural goodness they can from being paved over, right where they LIVE? They don't want their HOMES DESTROYED. They pay PROPERTY TAXES. They watch out for their neighbors. That's what they do for Rialto EVERY SINGLE BLOODY DAY. They obey laws. They care about where they live, they dread the thought of 25-thousand more residents and the heavy veil of particulate matter that's going to be dropping through their air vents should this project come to pass. How dare you attack these people, who are the employers of those city officials, those people are PUBLIC SERVANTS and it is THEIR JOB to protect their interests, not exploit them! Shame on you!!!
Public servants are public servants, PERIOD. They should do their jobs with humility and good will toward those whose lives and health are in their hands, otherwise Buh-Bye!!! Vote them out!! The job is NOT for people who want kickbacks, NOT for people who want to lube their business connections, NOT for people who believe that, as a representative, they register of a higher importance on the citizen scale than a lowly resident and taxpayer.
Jesus would take care of this beautiful earth. He is weeping at the destruction of God's creatures. He is desolate at the disgusting crap we breathe in every single day in Southern California which nestles in our lungs and incubates cellular time bombs. Has no one noticed what we're breathing here? And they want to roll back environmental protections?
How dare you scream JESUS in capitals at people on this forum, for expressing care and concern for their neighborhoods. You do know capitals is screaming, right?
Legal shake down

Hesperia, CA

#18 Oct 5, 2010
What a bunch of cheesy looken Rats. I mean the people who filed the lawsuit.

Riachard A Slick
Barraster of Uganda
Rialto Rings as Bell

Upland, CA

#19 Oct 7, 2010
This is what happens when Rialto City Council runs unopposed. No checks and balances. Where City Council, City Planners and Developers are one in the same.
vexate

Cuenca, Ecuador

#20 Oct 17, 2010
The RATS are the ones who have ruined California for the almighty dollar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Arrowhead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missy Campbell at 4040 E. Piedmont Dr. Unit 72.... 12 min MISSY DAWN CAMPBELL 16
Review: Highland Meadows Apartments (Apr '11) 5 hr MARIBEL 1,386
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Chosen Traveler 35,803
News : Woman high on drugs breaks into home in Runni... (Aug '08) 8 hr No Surprise 29
News State to close Chino youth authority facility (Aug '09) 12 hr Lontae Sims 82562 37
Leno - Letterman- Thornton Jailed Cloak Rob Wa... Apr 16 Hornhead 1
Mimi's Cafe at 191 South E Street. San Bernardi... Apr 15 MIMIS CAFE SB 25

Lake Arrowhead Jobs

Personal Finance

Lake Arrowhead Mortgages