Lakeland man stabbed to death in Lake...

Lakeland man stabbed to death in Lake Alfred

There are 16 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 2, 2007, titled Lakeland man stabbed to death in Lake Alfred. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A 26-year-old Lakeland man was apparently stabbed to death early this morning in Lake Alfred, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

MrWrong

Greensboro, NC

#1 Dec 2, 2007
Four (plus Ms. Disrespected) against one.

One wins = Self-defense
New Here

Sebring, FL

#2 Dec 2, 2007
Umm....I'm no genius but it says he got stabbed and they need an autopsy to determine a cause of death??? Hmmmm.....Let me think about that one.
Not Again

Winter Park, FL

#3 Dec 2, 2007
sounds like a set up
Quincy

San Antonio, TX

#4 Dec 2, 2007
New Here wrote:
Umm....I'm no genius but it says he got stabbed and they need an autopsy to determine a cause of death??? Hmmmm.....Let me think about that one.
Erm, an autopsy is required whenever a death happens to a person outside a physician's direct care. Yes, we know he was stabbed, they will still have to autopsy to determine why and under what circumstances he passed.
Dumb White Guy

Winter Park, FL

#5 Dec 2, 2007
Why? Because he entered the house uninvited? The circumstance? Axe Miz Disrespected.
kev in scottsdale

Chandler, AZ

#6 Dec 2, 2007
disrespect one another right into extinction
jonty - boy

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#7 Dec 2, 2007
Invitation has it's priveliges.
ONLY IN FLORIDA

Kissimmee, FL

#8 Dec 2, 2007
It sounds strange to me that a person could enter another persons home and then stab someone -- who happens to die -- that they have to ask whether they should file a charge. Perhaps that person is the son of a local Sheriff? Perhaps that person is related to someone very powerful? Remember, only in Florida can one be charged with little or no support, and it sounds very strange that the Sheriff is asking for an autopsy to charge the offending party. And only in Florida could a woman named Belinda Jackson drive out of an office after talking to a DCF worker -- kill herself -- and no one thinks thats a bit odd. A woman who never had a mental problem in her life -- kills herself -- and that person? The last person talking to her -- is walking the streets today without a bit of concern, but then again, maybe not, they work for the State, and that agency is very close to the local police officers, and so it goes.
Dumb White Guy

Winter Park, FL

#9 Dec 2, 2007
The way I read it, the dead guy entered the house with three other uninvitees and was stabbed by Mr Disrespecter. Or is it Mr. Disrespector?
MrDarwinOrlando

Orlando, FL

#10 Dec 2, 2007
Death by direspect. Kids shouldn't be allowed to stay out this late. Impose martial law.
American Winner

Orlando, FL

#11 Dec 2, 2007
Thats we we say about you Scottsdale homo's.
kev in scottsdale wrote:
disrespect one another right into extinction
ummm

Longwood, FL

#12 Dec 2, 2007
What a bunch of losers
Sad

Christmas, FL

#13 Dec 2, 2007
I know part of this young man's family. They are devastated and hurting. Fortunately for the family that I know, they are amazing, godly people that are finding their strength in God, and will be the ones to help hold up the rest of the family. Never forget, behind the story, even if the men were at fault, are real, and hurting people. None of us are exempt from experiencing such a tragedy. If it ever happens to you, I'm sure you'll want compassion, prayers and no tactless opinions by people that really have no idea what they are talking about.
Alan

Apopka, FL

#14 Dec 2, 2007
Sad wrote:
None of us are exempt from experiencing such a tragedy. If it ever happens to you, I'm sure you'll want compassion, prayers and no tactless opinions by people that really have no idea what they are talking about.
Well, the general purpose of these boards are for people to say what they feel, not what they think, most of haven't really been taught to think, we're not paid to think, but we freelance often.

Personally, I "think" that we don't have enough information to really be able to render a decently well informed opinion, but we'll freelance and try anyway. If the dead guy was in the not dead guy's house and was threatening to make the not dead guy into a severely injured guy, well then he deserved to become a dead guy. Just because someone disses you doesn't give you the right to call someone up to come over and hurt them. At least, not in our "system". We're supposed to be more intelligent than that and be able to think of better options, see first paragraph.
malerie1

Winter Haven, FL

#15 Dec 6, 2007
so that girl was gettin disrespected so that means someone should go out of there way to help her and get killed i dont think so
kayla

Winter Haven, FL

#16 Dec 6, 2007
so that girl thinks that when she gets disrespected someone should come help her and get killed while doing it i dont think so

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Alfred Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who murdered Mary Veronica “Roni” Gamble Oct 17 Watching17 1
WAW Transport of Hanies City (Jun '10) Oct 6 Stole my check 12
Carla Wright Sep 30 Curious 1
Hurricane Local Statement for Polk County star... Sep '17 jim 1
Boxing 26th sept Aug '17 Bev1921 1
tree service in polk city? Jul '17 UncleGracie 1
where is the truss plant? Jun '17 TwoByFours 2

Lake Alfred Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance