Lansing diocese: Priest molested boys...

Lansing diocese: Priest molested boys years ago

There are 3 comments on the NewsCenter 25 story from Aug 25, 2010, titled Lansing diocese: Priest molested boys years ago. In it, NewsCenter 25 reports that:

The Catholic Diocese of Lansing says a Laingsburg priest molested at least a half-dozen boys in the 1950s and 1960s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsCenter 25.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#1 Aug 25, 2010
More people who are just now remember being molested 50 and 60 years ago. I've noticed that since the Catholic Church has been working to kick out the homosexuals there are almost no new cases of abuse. All the cases I read about involve actions from decades ago that people are just now remembering. In this case ..."Martin was pastor of St. Isidore from 1941 to 1966. He died in 1968...." How convenient. Maybe I'll join the lawsuit lottery.

Since: Jun 09

DeKalb, IL

#2 Sep 1, 2010
It is possible to suppress memories. Usually an event or crisis causes the memory to resurface. These same persons usually have some sort of accompanying dysfunction as well. With that said, there is a some more recent literature that shows memories can be suggested too. Studies done with young children have demonstrated how the details of a normal play time can be manipulated and the child will recall details that did not exist.

fifty to sixty years is a long time to hold on to memories of tragic events.

In speaking with some associates, up until today, socially we do not expect boys to be weak, to cry, or to be hurt. Boys are supposed to be strong. Further, look at the message boards concerning female teachers sexually abusing boys and teens. The language does not condemn the teacher or education system, rather it congratulates the victim for having sex. For boys, sex is a good thing.

While there seems to be a strong disagreement as to the role homosexuality has played in all of this, it is interesting to note the lack of new cases.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#3 Sep 1, 2010
Jos Soroka wrote:
It is possible to suppress memories. Usually an event or crisis causes the memory to resurface. These same persons usually have some sort of accompanying dysfunction as well. With that said, there is a some more recent literature that shows memories can be suggested too....
Such as the McMartin preschool daycare case in California in the 1980s. Or the people who under hypnosis recall past lives and alien probes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laingsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know this man? May 22 Need Info 1
News Embattled Michigan lawmaker: Don't blame God fo... (Aug '15) May 8 dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 2
Gary Johnson Apr '16 Defektor 1
News Sex-ed appointment riles Okemos parents (Nov '06) Mar '16 Alison 4
Ohio State (Nov '15) Jan '16 ccc 2
Still Have Last Minute Holiday Shopping? Save 2... Dec '15 HJewelers 1
News Repo Man Arrested (Apr '08) Oct '14 mvan 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laingsburg Mortgages