Laingsburg woman in custody after fat...

Laingsburg woman in custody after fatal shooting

There are 7 comments on the Lansing State Journal story from Feb 24, 2012, titled Laingsburg woman in custody after fatal shooting. In it, Lansing State Journal reports that:

WOODHULL TWP. A 42-year-old woman was jailed late Wednesday after her husband was fatally shot in their home near Laingsburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lansing State Journal.

princess

United States

#1 Mar 1, 2012
This women Melinda sue Watkins the wife of dean Watkins. Must be brought. To justice. For cold blooded murder.
a friend

Port Townsend, WA

#2 Mar 2, 2012
princess wrote:
This women Melinda sue Watkins the wife of dean Watkins. Must be brought. To justice. For cold blooded murder.
Don't judge a book by its cover. You do not know this woman. I do. You do not know the whole story and from What i am being told neither did I. Most things happen for a reason. I am not saying that it was right to shoot him, but I do believe she may have thought there was no other option in that given situation. Who knows what REALLY happened. I do not know her husband, and I do not think that was the solution, but it is definitely not for ANYONE to judge. I can tell you that I don't think it was cold blooded murder so get ALL of your facts before you make such a statement. "Friend"
princess

United States

#3 Mar 5, 2012
I did know her and her husband for 17 yrs. Murder is murder and she had no right to take that wonderful mans life. She took a wonderful man from his family. He was a great man and I do know the whole situation. So before u reply to a post u should know what your responding on. Melinda took away a son, a uncle, a brother and has traumatized many peoples. Lives. She will stand before GOD himself for her judgement. How this women lives with herself everyday for taking another. Humans life is beyond me. Dean was a wonderfully. Beautifull man to everyone that came in contact with him and was blessed enough to have been in his life. No one deserves to be murdered in cold blood .
Mi girl

Plymouth, MI

#4 May 31, 2013
It's called WALK away! SHE went to HIS home! She was a liar that couldn't keep her story straight. Yes, SHE WILL have to answer to GOD for the life she took!
another mi girl

Canton, MI

#5 Jun 1, 2013
get your facts right. it was her home too. and since when is an abusive husband a wonderful man. the police were called on several occasions because of disturbances. melinda did leave him but went back to him. in an abusive relationship it usually ends badly. i seen several times where melinda had injuries. it was a tragedy. i am just relieved that she was not the one hurt THIS time.
anon

Toledo, OH

#6 Jun 4, 2013
Ive known the family for several years and dean was by no means a wonderful person he was abusive and cruel. Melinda had left him aon multiple occasions and he would follow her and sit outside of places she lived he WOULDNT let her move on. If anyone was a liar it was dean he lied to any and everyone. May he RIP but he was a terrible human being!
family

Mountain View, CA

#7 May 4, 2014
It does not matter no one deserves that! If Dean was so abusive (which he was not!) and she left him then why would she go back?! I hope she gets life but either way she still gets to enjoy it unlike Dean! A great man lost his life because his wife had no self control!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laingsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CATA wants BRT, do you? Tue Perplexed 1
Corrupt Cops in Perry (Oct '07) Aug 17 Godsfolks 35
News Embattled Michigan lawmaker: Don't blame God fo... (Aug '15) May '16 dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 2
Gary Johnson Apr '16 Defektor 1
News Sex-ed appointment riles Okemos parents (Nov '06) Mar '16 Alison 4
News Repo Man Arrested (Apr '08) Oct '14 mvan 3
Debate: Immigration - Laingsburg, MI (Apr '12) Apr '12 Teffy Crane 1

Laingsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laingsburg Mortgages