Judge rules Bush's wiretapping illegal

There are 8 comments on the Aug 18, 2006, The Spokesman-Review story titled Judge rules Bush's wiretapping illegal. In it, The Spokesman-Review reports that:

Spying to continue pending appeal by Justic Department Taylor A federal judge in Detroit ruled Thursday that the National Security Agency's warrantless surveillance program is unconstitutional, delivering the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Spokesman-Review.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Leif

Denmark

#21 Aug 23, 2006
Marsha wrote:
I can't believe the people of the United States are so stupid as to object to wiretapping of terror suspects. Even if the President wants to listen to my calls, I have nothing to hide. He is not interested in the conversations of law abiding citizens. If this will protect another terror attack, I say do whatever is necessary to save lives. And any newspaper or individual leaks that information should be arrested, do not pass go and go directly to jail. Why after 9/11 did everyone work together and now, the Dems want to do opposite of whatever the Rep. mention. No matter what it is. Yes I am a Rep. but we need to work together and quit this whining if someone else thinks of something before them and then shoot it down because boo hoo they didn't get credit for it. Grow up America and try to save lives and YES, PROFILE IF THAT KEEPS US SAFE!
Dear Marsha

Ben Franklin said something to the effect that "... those that sacrifice liberty and freedom for security deserve neither liberty or freedom". Our constitution decrees that no person shall be subject to illegal search. Our system of government says that no one branch has absolute power (checks and balances). It is too easy for people to say in the heat (and fear) of the moment to do what is expedient. The lasting consequences are the big worry. While the current administration claims that they are only tapping suspected terrorists it is virtually impossible (with the internet, cell phones etc.) to pick and choose. It is much more likely that ALL overseas transmissions (including my kids calling me in Germany) are being monitored. Our laws are largely based upon precedent and to allow illegal tapes in the name of national security is a very dangerous precedent to set.
Darrell Coppedge

Henryetta, OK

#22 Sep 25, 2006
It's time for Congress to impeach any congress man that speaks out publicly against the safety and security of our families without concern for the well being of our nation and the liberals that wish to show there stupidity and lack of knowledge of the way a terrorist acts and conducts business it would be great if the could be as stupid as some people and just speak out in public and a newspaper or reporter think that what they say means a shit. I am an American and support the president and believe that actions of this type are needed to safeguard my families then so be it. Wake up and smell the coffee. Or is that too much to ask of our elected officials in a time when we need firm action and a reaction for an action, or have you forgotten 9/11 I haven't. former USAF. I'm proud to be an American how about you.
bezelt wrote:
So, once again the Bush administration is above the law. In the name of chasing terrorist. And the chase heats up near election time. Need something to persuade America to vote Republican. Need Fear. Don't have any other records to put forth. The Bush administration is the TERROR FIGHTER.
The Bush administration just tried an admitted terrorist in an American court. The prosecution had a terrorist who admitted to being a terrorist. It's an open and shut case right?
Wrong! The judge was irate about witness tampering by the prosecution. This political group has a lot of trouble staying inside the rule of law. And are they expected to try some 400 (from memory) more from Guantanamo prison camp? Surely they will be looking for ways to gain the advantage. Use the clout of the government - along with conditions that favor the government.
PandaBear

Carbondale, IL

#24 Oct 5, 2006
I think that anyone who bitches about president Bush is a damn crybaby! You should be thankful you are still alive, cause he makes a decision everyday that keeps your ass healthy and breathing, so you can go home and see mommy and daddy everyday so they can tell you everything is alright. So in the end Wiretapping is great, and I have nothing to hide, and if you do then you should be in Iraq, or Iran. Peace to ya all!!
Yada

Humble, TX

#25 Oct 8, 2006
What I find amusing is that the Supreme Court then agreed but at the bottom just like Bush signed it was 'void and invalid'. So the domestic spying persists just like in every good police state there buddy.
Jay

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#26 Oct 8, 2006
Instead of getting behind the president, why dont you support the document that has given you all of the freedoms you've enjoyed (and now are apprently content to just throw away.)
Yada

Humble, TX

#27 Oct 8, 2006
Marsha wrote:
I can't believe the people of the United States are so stupid as to object to wiretapping of terror suspects. Even if the President wants to listen to my calls, I have nothing to hide. He is not interested in the conversations of law abiding citizens. If this will protect another terror attack, I say do whatever is necessary to save lives. And any newspaper or individual leaks that information should be arrested, do not pass go and go directly to jail. Why after 9/11 did everyone work together and now, the Dems want to do opposite of whatever the Rep. mention. No matter what it is. Yes I am a Rep. but we need to work together and quit this whining if someone else thinks of something before them and then shoot it down because boo hoo they didn't get credit for it. Grow up America and try to save lives and YES, PROFILE IF THAT KEEPS US SAFE!
Naivete! So said the Germans when the Third Reich when they started picking off the undesireables from the society not so long ago. It went on and on until certain subsets of their populations and that of other peple's countries began to disappear into the concentration camps. So said the Japanese Americans during WWII util they disapeared in concentration camps in Oregon. So said the Cambodians until thousands died in camps, rpisions, torture house of the Kmer Rouge. So said people in the USSR until loads of people vanished into gulags. So said chinese under Mao until many died in concentration camps. So said many North Korean and now they too are dying in concentration camps as well.
Any of that woke you up lovey?
Yada

Humble, TX

#28 Oct 8, 2006
Marsha wrote:
Safe? There can be no safety from terrorists. Remeber 93 with the World Trade Center truck bomb? It took them about eight years to succeed but they surely did in spectacular fashion. They'll be back at some point. It has only been five measly years. No I'm not their friend. I lost one and got five family injured in their 9/11. I'm just being realistic.
Yada

Humble, TX

#29 Oct 8, 2006
Bob wrote:
www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06 /22/060622055545.07o4imol.html
Check the article, chemical weapons found.
Chemical weapons are WMD's.
They found empty cannisters dating back to the war with Iran 79-89. Buddy, if they had chemical weapons don't you think they would be using them right now against us?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laingsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corrupt Cops in Perry (Oct '07) Mar '15 Darren 30
Review: Spicus USA Jan '15 yutubrutus 1
any GOOD single women? Jan '15 eyeball 1
News Ovid man charged with second-degree murder (Jan '12) Jan '15 Tro 3
Dawn Ceballos Dec '14 Thorpe 1
News MSU Student Charged with Felony, Accused of Mak... Nov '14 Pssdov 1
Do you have a crush on a boy, if so what's his ... (Jul '07) Nov '14 rebecca booty 228
More from around the web

Laingsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]