Review: South County Psychotherapy - Paul M Fick PHD

Posted in the Laguna Niguel Forum

Anonymous

Irvine, CA

#1 Sep 2, 2009
Dr Paul Fick is an understanding, kind patient, down to earth and amazing psychologist. Highly, highly recommended
Anonymous

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#2 Sep 20, 2010
Dr. Paul Fick is NOT worth YOUR time, energy or money. My daughter saw Dr. Fick about 30 times. We saw no improvement. In addition, Dr. Fick does not return phonecalls promptly. 2 of my daughters regular MDs shared with me that Dr. Fick would often wait 3 days to return calls.

In addition, twice I waited over 5 days to get a return call from Dr. Fick and it was regarding a very serious health issue. Dr.Fick is often out of town visiting Teen Boarding Schools.

We showed up on time for the appointments. We never missed a payment. We treated Dr. Fick with respect.

A month ago we changed Therapists. What a difference. Things are going well now.

And lastly, an example of Dr. Fick's lack of compassion, he has not checked on my daughter's health since we last saw him. After months of therapy, I would expect better from a Psychologist.
Anonymous

Irvine, CA

#3 Dec 3, 2010
Dr Paul Fick is responsible for giving me the tools and knowledge necessary to salvage a life that I wrecked. I would see him once a month, there was no pressure and he places no expectations on you. Great therapist.
JH from Laguna Niguel

Laguna Niguel, CA

#4 Jan 31, 2011
I would just like to say that Dr. Fick is by far one of the BEST psychologist I have ever seen. I have never had a problem with phone calls not be returned, even when he was traveling. Also, he is definitely not short of compassion. If you have ever met him you would know that is absurd and just plain wrong.

Dr. Fick has been the most competent and helpful therapist I have ever had. And that is saying a lot. I have seen a few, some even good.

They don't come better than Dr. Fick - knowledgeable, smart, and funny.
Happy Parent

Laguna Niguel, CA

#5 Jan 31, 2011
I just ran across these postings and was very surprised to see the one dated 10/20/10 that ripped Dr. Fick.
I sent my son to see Dr. Fick a couple of years ago. We were very pleased with our son's and our family's progress while seeing Dr. Fick. I ended up referring several girlfriends who were having problems with their kids as well. They loved him too.
Perhaps that critical person's anger has something to do with why her daughter is need of counseling. Just a thought. Don't believe everything you read.
If you need therapy check out Dr. Fick for yourself.
Grateful client

Laguna Niguel, CA

#6 Sep 28, 2011
Dr. Paul is the best psychologist I have seen and believe me I have seen a few over the years. I learned more in the first session than I had in months with prior therapists. He rocks!
RBM

Laguna Hills, CA

#7 Feb 20, 2012
My husband and I have had significant marital issues and have seen several psychologists over the years. A friend referred me to Dr. Paul and Ashley Fick. They were by far the most effective and helpful therapists we have seen yet. We appreciated their collaborative approach and directness. Our marriage has never been better!!!
Anonymous

Irvine, CA

#8 Mar 6, 2012
I was suffering very severe depression and Dr. Fick was patient beyond what most anyone would be and saved my life literally. He is a man of integrity and truly cares about his clients. You won't fine a more compassionate ethical and skillful therapist. I never believed I could have a fully functional satisfying life but after years of patience and his unwavering patience I have a life that I am enjoy and am finally able to give back to others. It has taken years but he was the old Dr that didn't give up on me. They don't come better than Dr. Fick and his wife Dr. Ashley Fick is equally skilled and a lovely person too.
Anonymous

Irvine, CA

#9 Sep 28, 2012
Revl Dowell

Columbia, MD

#10 Aug 26, 2013
If Paul Fick is a PhD why does he need to be among so many other well-known people (including TEAPARTY, PATRIOTS, CONSERVATIVES and more) who have plagiarized and copyright infringed AND SOLD FROM my original published articles (nearing 300) about Barack Hussein Obama, which I published nationally and internationally between 2008 to present? I have compiled the comparative proof via my titles, contents, contexts, day, date, hour, minute, second --AND THE EXACT WORDS STOLEN FROM MY ARTICLES WHILE THEY GET CREDIBILITY AND SOLICIT DONATIONS AND BOOK SALES. I CALL THE NAMES, BECAUSE I CAN PROVE MY ALLEGATIONS WITH SUBSTANTIAL DOCUMENTATION. I WANT THEM TO STOP THEIR FRAUD AND DENIALS. THEY WON'T EVEN ANSWER MY EMAIL. BUT IF I HAD DONE THAT TO THEM, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD ME ARRESTED. EVERYBODY NEEDS TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST THESE ATROCITIES (ONLINE AND OFFLINE) BY SO-CALLED PROFESSIONALS! Perhaps then they will finally stop! Contact me: http://www.voiceink.blogspot.com/
Pray my peace, as I pray yours in the Lord Jesus.
Anonymous wrote:
Dr. Paul Fick is NOT worth YOUR time, energy or money. My daughter saw Dr. Fick about 30 times. We saw no improvement. In addition, Dr. Fick does not return phonecalls promptly. 2 of my daughters regular MDs shared with me that Dr. Fick would often wait 3 days to return calls.
In addition, twice I waited over 5 days to get a return call from Dr. Fick and it was regarding a very serious health issue. Dr.Fick is often out of town visiting Teen Boarding Schools.
We showed up on time for the appointments. We never missed a payment. We treated Dr. Fick with respect.
A month ago we changed Therapists. What a difference. Things are going well now.
And lastly, an example of Dr. Fick's lack of compassion, he has not checked on my daughter's health since we last saw him. After months of therapy, I would expect better from a Psychologist.
Emily W

Brea, CA

#11 Sep 22, 2014
I do not have personal experience with Dr Fick, but I have been to another therapist at South County Psychotherapy, Dr Allison S. Kress. It was by far the worst experience I have had with a mental health professional, to the point that I had to file a formal complaint to the California Board of Psychology. This whole practice is unethical. At one point Dr Kress did consult with Dr Fick about my care. Shortly after, Dr Kress became a different person. Around my third week of treatment Dr Kress started making promises to me that she'd never leave and never repeat my past. When she made these promises, she stated that if the board of psychology knew about these promises, she would be brought in front of them. Clearly, she knew it was not okay and had immense potential to be damaging to me. She encouraged emails and texts in between sessions and was in constant communication with me. She was unable to set up and maintain any professional boundaries. Whenever I brought up concerns with her about this, her response was always "It's okay." It was the furthest thing from okay. It was extremely deceptive because she was easy so to talk to and it seemed like she actually cared. But eventually it led to massive problems and patient abandonment. Every other professional involved in my treatment could not believe what was happening and how incredibly unprofessional it was. She came in one day and said she couldn't work with me anymore. She could not give any reasons why and took absolutely no responsibility for her actions or for the promises she made, but couldn't keep. It was left completely on me to shoulder it all. On top of that, she would not give me the three referrals required. When I asked her for them I was told that neither she, nor anyone else in her office, knew of anyone to recommend to me. The amount of damage she caused was so much greater then any help she gave me. Overall, one of the worst therapists I have ever had the misfortune to work with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laguna Niguel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
They have gangs in south Orange County? (Dec '07) Thu dirthead 120
Irvine Music Thread (Oct '13) Dec 20 Lil Killer 6
Teen 'Burns From Inside Out' After Allergic Rea... Dec 12 Spotted Girl 4
Loud Rumbling Noise in Aliso Viejo (Jun '09) Dec 2 Bali b 43
On the road alone in L.A. (Jun '07) Nov 30 carnewshq com 136
China Moon Did Not Impress My Appetite Oct '14 Little Kitchen Is... 3
Who do you support for Magnolia School District... (Oct '10) Oct '14 12adf 19

Laguna Niguel News Video

Laguna Niguel Dating
Find my Match