Suspect captured in manhunt faces fed...

Suspect captured in manhunt faces federal bank robbery charge

There are 26 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from May 14, 2010, titled Suspect captured in manhunt faces federal bank robbery charge. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

A 35-year-old Hawthorne man was awaiting a federal charge Friday for his alleged role in bank robbery and officer-involved shooting that closed down the 405 Freeway and more than half a dozen schools and local streets Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spike

San Jose, CA

#2 May 14, 2010
I'm sorry what was this all about? A federal fugitive? Terrorist? Mexican drug cartel warlord?

Bank robber?

And they shut down the 405? Thousands of people severely inconvenienced because a bank was robbed?

Didn't the LB swat team get enuf real time on the job experience on Monday when they were searching for the shooter Monday morning (when anyone with a brain would have pretty much assumed he was long gone up the 710 fwy) without the need of closing down the 405, ELB, area schools, all because three people robbed a bank in Laguna?

OMG, someone just ran a red light on Ocean Blvd. Why isn't the LBPD cllosing Ocean Blvd.?!!? Ooops, never mind, that's happening Sunday. The gays.
CHS

Long Beach, CA

#3 May 14, 2010
I know this guy's problem. He couldn't get a regular job due to his bizarre name so he was forced to turn to a life of crime. I'm serious. I once read an article by a guy whose name was something like Ladarius or Desharman. He would apply for jobs and not even get an interview. He changed his name to Don and the job offers started to flow.
Spike sux

United States

#4 May 14, 2010
Shouldnt you be getting your dress and make up ready for your big event next week. Leave the manly work to people who know what they are doing. Go back to your hairdressing or decorating or what ever it is you do when your not complaining about people who dont think like you. LB is a better place with those cops doing their job. I'm glad my kids were in lock down until the bank robber was caught and neighborhood checked.
Glenn in LB

AOL

#5 May 14, 2010
Spike wrote:
I'm sorry what was this all about? A federal fugitive? Terrorist? Mexican drug cartel warlord?
Bank robber?
And they shut down the 405? Thousands of people severely inconvenienced because a bank was robbed?
Didn't the LB swat team get enuf real time on the job experience on Monday when they were searching for the shooter Monday morning (when anyone with a brain would have pretty much assumed he was long gone up the 710 fwy) without the need of closing down the 405, ELB, area schools, all because three people robbed a bank in Laguna?
OMG, someone just ran a red light on Ocean Blvd. Why isn't the LBPD cllosing Ocean Blvd.?!!? Ooops, never mind, that's happening Sunday. The gays.
OMG, pass a law, Spikes life was interuppted by the world turning. Heaven forbid.
Papa Georgia

Irvine, CA

#6 May 14, 2010
I love Mr. Norwood's first name...NOT! What a lame name, no wonder why this tool robs banks for a living...he had no chance from the get go. By the way, DO NOT ROB BANKS, you will get caught and will do a ton of time!
Croak

Dallas, TX

#7 May 14, 2010
Even his fellow African American prisoners are going to goof on him for his ultra ghetto name.
Spike

San Jose, CA

#8 May 14, 2010
Glenn in LB wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, pass a law, Spikes life was interuppted by the world turning. Heaven forbid.
Actually it wasn't interrupted at all. Not in the slightest. Though I hope yours is, the next time a bug hits someones windshield and the entire freeway is closed down.
Ernesto Guevara

Laguna Niguel, CA

#11 May 14, 2010
Good job Tnx LBPD
Croak

San Jose, CA

#12 May 15, 2010
Bank robbers must be the most pathetic sorry-a** group of prisoners. Rarely do they get more than $5,000 per robbery, but they end up spending decades behind bars. Welcome to their world, Mr. Latierra Deshaun Norwood.

At least if you sell and use drugs you get high off the drugs and you can trade your inventory for some tail.
Croak

San Jose, CA

#13 May 15, 2010
@Spike

It was very considerate of CHP to close the freeway. Wouldn't want a fleeing felon to get hurt by a speeding bobtail.
Edwin

AOL

#14 May 15, 2010
CHS wrote:
I know this guy's problem. He couldn't get a regular job due to his bizarre name so he was forced to turn to a life of crime. I'm serious. I once read an article by a guy whose name was something like Ladarius or Desharman. He would apply for jobs and not even get an interview. He changed his name to Don and the job offers started to flow.
So the lesson is CHANGE YOUR NAME
the lesson

Kapolei, HI

#15 May 15, 2010
The lesson to these bank robbers is that they should have bought a home with zero down a few years ago, refinanced it and took out thousands more than it was worth with a bogus appraisal then added a HELOC and then stop making payments. The bank will/would take a year or so to foreclose and in the end it ruins your credit for a few years but you are hundreds of thousands richer.
This is what they call white collar crime. Perfectly legal, completely immoral, but no jail time. And no I didn't do it..sometimes wishing I had. I bet this guy wish he had did that.
zookeeper

Claremont, CA

#16 May 15, 2010
Spike,
it is idiots like you who want to drive right past an armed suspect and once you get shot you turn around and sue everyone because they didn't protect you from getting injured. you are in the same class as that other idiot that is suing the bank because he got shot after jumping on a bank robbery suspect that had a gun. It is a sad day that police officers have to protect people from their own moronic lives...do us all a favor and go play on the freeway.
Croak

United States

#17 May 15, 2010
So this guy jumped out of the car at Woodruff and was arrested near the same spot. What about the perps who were supposedly roaming the neighborhoods, kicking in doors, stripping off their clothes, getting scared by the Amazon parrot?
No Hope For LA

Carson, CA

#18 May 15, 2010
What?
City and state law agenices were responding to a criminal that comitted a FEDERAL offense....Well according to open borders supporters and most CA political figures only the U.S. Marshalls or FBI should have responded to this call because that federal offense falls under their jurisdiction. This is clearly an unconstitutional arrest and this man should be released immediately! I mean did they not even see him rob the bank, it has to be some sort of racial profiling done here.

If this man is not freed within the next 24 hours CA will probably boycott all companies that do business with the federal government if they don't drop the charges.
Twitter 211Guy

Monrovia, CA

#19 May 15, 2010
If you want to see Mr. Norwood and his tribe in action robbing other banks recently in the area go to bank robbery website www.bank211s-mike.blogspot.com , great photos,videos and history.
Strange there is no mention of where the security guard was at the time nor background of suspect,bail,gang affiliation etc nor ANY photos of this gang take-over robbery.
Same gang,minus one, will be hitting again Tue.or Wed.
fatso

Bellflower, CA

#21 May 15, 2010
Exactly! How did they get away?
Croak wrote:
So this guy jumped out of the car at Woodruff and was arrested near the same spot. What about the perps who were supposedly roaming the neighborhoods, kicking in doors, stripping off their clothes, getting scared by the Amazon parrot?
LBJJ

Hermosa Beach, CA

#22 May 15, 2010
Good thing Laterrial surrenderd to SWAT, otherwise his ghettoazz name would be Horizontial... and Spike: stop it, the narissists are having a hard time hearing themselves...
michael

Ontario, CA

#23 May 15, 2010
Ernesto Guevara wrote:
Good job Tnx LBPD
just what did the police do,they caught one of three,locked downed schools closed highways,put 1000s of people in danger,and just how much do you think this all costed,how much overtime,how much did people lose because they missed work,what about what they put those poor children though.this was very poor police work.what do you think would of happen if the police started shooting those high powered rifles,how many people would be dead,do you have any idea how far and what those bullets can go though.your police are far more dangerous and cost way more then the bank robbers.your polic need to accountable for there actions.
not funny

United States

#25 May 15, 2010
teacher of blacks wrote:
Note to niggnant Black Hillbilly's and their unwanted spawn:
If you name your unwanted baby "Shardonnay," "DaBongo," "Jabari," or "Laterrial Dewaun," that child is either going to die violently, or go to jail, sugah!
This isn't a joke. My father almost died after being diagnosed with Jabari, as well as Laterrial Dewaun. A triple-bypass saved his life. Antibiotics cured the Jabari. Thanks to all the great doctors at Memorial! You are the BEST!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laguna Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nuclear waste, anyone? Feds look to willing states 23 hr warrengraham 1
News They have gangs in south Orange County? (Dec '07) Sat South OC 131
News 1 Fatally Shot, 1 Wounded In San Juan Capistrano (Aug '06) Jun 24 SBY 164
Review: ARI Novick PHD (Feb '13) Jun 18 Edward1978 7
William steelw Jun 16 Diamond 1
Review: GreenLink Financial Jun 13 Kristina P 1
News Feds Spend $507,132 Studying The 'Asian Ethnic ... Jun 10 SeanOsorioLee 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laguna Hills Mortgages