Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#160982 Sep 26, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona Lott.
Yes. You are exactly right. In fact, the Bible puts it even better:
"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come." (2 Timothy 3:1)
"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." (2 Timothy 3:7)
Ronald
Gee... the Buybull proves that the Buybull is true. Nice circular reasoning there, numbnuts.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#160983 Sep 26, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, dopey.... from you own link: "Since no evidence was provided to indicate that the behavior at issue rose to a level of scientific misconduct, no formal investigation is warranted," Peterson wrote.
There WAS no investigation and they did NOT validate his study. His methodology was FLAWED. Any first year research methods class would teach you that.
There was 'no scientific misconduct'. That means his methodology was vindicated.

I'm still waiting for just ONE of your studies with methodology so we can look at 'scientific misconduct'. Having some trouble???

Smirk.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#160984 Sep 26, 2012
My Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and the Africans often tell me there is no "evidence" proving the speed of light has slowed over time. I always tell them that there is no "evidence" proving the validity of evolutionary doctrine, but untold millions of Government school "educated" Americans worship at the alter of the evolutionary faith.

I always remind them that, while there is substantial evidence indicating c has slowed throughout time, no evidence has ever been found proving the validity of evolutionary belief.

Ronald

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#160985 Sep 26, 2012
I know how to move my wife. I am not speaking of just sexual technique. When we unite physically, it is a new personification of a male and female rejoined first and foremost in mind and spirit.

When I say, "create a whole new being", I am not speaking of procreation, I am speaking of a union of male and female so complete that they become 'two in one' just like the Bible speaking of God being 'three in one'.

To call gay unions marriage obviously reveals you cannot even comprehend that union. Redumdant genders can never duplicate that creation. The effort it takes for diverse genders to unite cannot be matched by duplicate genders. And the breadth of being it creates is impossible to match by repeat genders.

When you consider just the implications of this single matter of union, you see how silly it is to say gay unions are identical to marriage. There is simply no comparison.

Then when you add the fact that that union creates a new life that is literally the blending of the two, your assertions become idiotically offensive.

This is why I say, the closer you get to the real thing, the more obvious the stupidity of your claim becomes.
Insane Clown Posse

West Covina, CA

#160986 Sep 26, 2012
What ever suits you.

motherjones.com
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#160987 Sep 26, 2012
Looks like the little kids are out of school. Let's hope their mommas don't catch them fooling around with their computers.

Ronald
four cents

West Covina, CA

#160988 Sep 26, 2012
Too bad about MacDonald [pasadena, ca.] being dropped from Anchor Pacifica Management Companies Xmas card list for 2012.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#160989 Sep 26, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
As always Ho, you are on the wrong page again, no one is talking about what you are talking about, stay off the drugs and booze
Stupid, if you say a man can only marry a woman, you are saying our rights are determined by the type of genitals we have.
Do you think our rights should be determined by the type of genitals we have.

North Hollywood, CA

#160990 Sep 26, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
kome.
Don't you ever get tired of spreading your bigoted racist hate? We don't date no Africans.
Ronald
Why are fundies such racists?

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#160991 Sep 26, 2012
KiMare wrote:
I know how to move my wife. I am not speaking of just sexual technique. When we unite physically, it is a new personification of a male and female rejoined first and foremost in mind and spirit.
When I say, "create a whole new being", I am not speaking of procreation, I am speaking of a union of male and female so complete that they become 'two in one' just like the Bible speaking of God being 'three in one'.
To call gay unions marriage obviously reveals you cannot even comprehend that union. Redumdant genders can never duplicate that creation. The effort it takes for diverse genders to unite cannot be matched by duplicate genders. And the breadth of being it creates is impossible to match by repeat genders.
When you consider just the implications of this single matter of union, you see how silly it is to say gay unions are identical to marriage. There is simply no comparison.
Then when you add the fact that that union creates a new life that is literally the blending of the two, your assertions become idiotically offensive.
This is why I say, the closer you get to the real thing, the more obvious the stupidity of your claim becomes.
Nice comment, but it is PURELY your opinion and HAS absolutely nothing to do with the marriages of other couples!!!

The problem you can't grasp is that a Same-Sex Couple can and do unite in mind and spirit, they also do unite in a physical sense as well, even if it is different than putting a penis into a vagina!!!

And as my wife just mentioned that because it is not just about the physical aspect of the relationship......we can move each other, connect with each other in all of the same ways that any heterosexual couple can......we just can't put penis into a vagina because the there is not male penis involved......and with stem cell research, 2 Lesbians can create life without the need for donor sperm.

North Hollywood, CA

#160992 Sep 26, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
another obama blunder:
NEW YORK President Obama called on nations Tuesday to end the modern slavery of human trafficking and, in the process, got his U.S. Civil War history a bit garbled.
Not even going to bother reading it.
BFD.
It has nothing to do with the subject.
And if everything you say is taped, some blunders will be included.

North Hollywood, CA

#160993 Sep 26, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
If you believe society encourage couples provide stable homes and raise their own children,
Rose's Law...
Brian_G wrote:
keep marriage male/female. If you believe it doesn't matter if a child has a mother or a father, support same sex marriage. The choice is clear.
You didn't keep your marriage male/female! I can understand why your now ex-wife left you.
Your kids are better off without you, too.
BTW, dummy, gay marriage and gay couples raising children are separate issues.

North Hollywood, CA

#160994 Sep 26, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
It's perfectly legal for gay and lesbian couples to have a religious marriage, travel to a jurisdiction that allows same sex marriage or asks their friends and family to treat them as if they are married. There's no same sex marriage ban anywhere in the USA. Polygamy is banned by federal law, same sex marriage isn't.
You are just playing word games.
Brian_G wrote:
No fetish group has the right to rewrite marriage law for everybody without due process of law.
You claim you don't think there is anything wrong with homosexuality. But that's a clear lie.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#160995 Sep 26, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.

My Homosexual friends and the lesbians are always reminding me that, during the revolution, today's ruling class refused to defend the faith of their fathers. They justified their cowardice by "going with the flow" along with a stated desire to "learn for themselves".

I am often asked by the children, now that the Africans control voting, academia, and increasingly the streets,if this is as bad as things will get? I always tell them that even though the revolutionary generation are beginning to die like flies, "probably not". I provide the kiddies with a few links to illustrate the downward spiral civilization has descended into since the 60s 70s era revolutionaries elevated the Africans into positions of African rule.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/58vcrg

Source: http://tinyurl.com/cllzm43

Source: http://tinyurl.com/cqox9ff

Ronald

North Hollywood, CA

#160996 Sep 26, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
SpongeBob.
I agree. The concept that all men are equal is fine 18th century poetical idealism, but such a state has little basis in fact. If all things were equal, it would run counter to post-revolution Godless secularist Government promoted theories of evolution, and the stock markets could never work.
A good example can be seen since the nation came under African rule.
(Didn't bother to read the rest of your post.)
Answer my question.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#160997 Sep 26, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have this bizarre hope that Bruno will someday start thinking for himself and stop repeating the BS he's heard from the pinheads on this forum.
Of all the people here, he's the only one that seems to be able to take a joke and not just BE the joke.
And as long as he doesn't post anything too inane, I feel that I should respond in kind.
Besides, you gave him the proper drumming for his response.
Jeesh! Afraid to answer questions!!!
Very touching. I'm real proud of you jackass, but I'm pretty sure no one else gives a sh!t.
Frank Rizzo

Alhambra, CA

#160998 Sep 26, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There was 'no scientific misconduct'. That means his methodology was vindicated.
I'm still waiting for just ONE of your studies with methodology so we can look at 'scientific misconduct'. Having some trouble???
Smirk.
You need to look up "scientific misconduct".

Not finding any in the guys research is not a validation of his results, just that he did not fabricate the "research and reporting" aspect (amongst other things) of that research.

Please see: http://www.experiment-resources.com/scientifi...
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

#160999 Sep 26, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have this bizarre hope that Bruno will someday start thinking for himself and stop repeating the BS he's heard from the pinheads on this forum.
Of all the people here, he's the only one that seems to be able to take a joke and not just BE the joke.
And as long as he doesn't post anything too inane, I feel that I should respond in kind.
Besides, you gave him the proper drumming for his response.
Jeesh! Afraid to answer questions!!!
O.K.! Thanks

North Hollywood, CA

#161000 Sep 26, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that there are far too many fundies that are dumb enough to think that the curse of Ham is what created black people. That is the problem of taking myths as factual. When you start with nonsense as your basis, you can only reach nonsense conclusions.
I challenge any fundie to stand outside in the midday NoHo sun with me and pray to god to burn the skin of the one whose skin color is a curse.

(This is not an attack against white people in general, the man I love most on this earth is white, just racist fundies.)
Frank Rizzo

Alhambra, CA

#161002 Sep 26, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Very touching. I'm real proud of you jackass, but I'm pretty sure no one else gives a sh!t.
You want me. Don't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laguna Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Instagc Sat Jeresto 1
News Vaccine debate comes to Dana Point Sat VACCINES MAIM KILL 3
Review: Ravenna's Medical Weight Loss - Joseph ... (Sep '09) Fri Jeanette hapoy 14
News Top 15 Christian leaders in America May 1 ABM1977 2
News Body of Missing Woman Erica Alonso Found Two Mo... Apr 30 BornToLurk 1
News South county cities upset over ambulance servic... Apr 29 Les 1
Review: Bye Bye Sugar Bakery (Apr '13) Apr 28 Dr Tongue Mui 2
More from around the web

Laguna Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]