Chart House Valet Parked Vehichles On...

Chart House Valet Parked Vehichles On Public Roads

Posted in the Laguna Beach Forum

Nature Lover

United States

#1 Apr 19, 2013
The Dana Point Chart House charges their patrons to valet park their vehicles on The Street Of The Golden Lantern, a public road funded by city taxes. The Chart House takes the public parking adjacent to the Dana Point Headlands public trails.

This leaves no parking for visitors of the trail system.
Edward

Aliso Viejo, CA

#2 Apr 20, 2013
Nature Lover wrote:
The Dana Point Chart House charges their patrons to valet park their vehicles on The Street Of The Golden Lantern, a public road funded by city taxes. The Chart House takes the public parking adjacent to the Dana Point Headlands public trails.
The City Of The Dana Point should put a stop to such parking abuses. The parking areas that you speak of have beautiful views of the marina and ocean. In the evenings some folks such as myself and my wife view the sunsets there. Many times we have not been able to find a parking because the parking attendants from The Chart House are parking cars in those spots.

That is a city street, it is not a private road owned by The Chart House. The Chart House is making a profit on a public road that it does not own. The City of Dana Point should not let this continue to go on.

But, then again, the re-development plans that they are finalizing are not in anyway keeping with the beauty of the area.
pito

South San Francisco, CA

#3 Apr 21, 2013
I feel its wrong and wrong for the people who pay. First there paying to get parked LOL second they gotta know sum how and just don't care.
Veteran

Irvine, CA

#4 Aug 2, 2013
Nature Lover wrote:
The City Of Dana Point have ignored this practice far too long. From research it seem as though this is not on Dana Point city streets, but request have been ignored regarding the parking situation.

Small groups of people who are tired of this have been taking video and pictures of the parking attendants receiving the vehicles and driving them to park them on the city streets. I hope that the County of Orange will look into this matter and hopefully give us an answer has to why the City Of Dana ignores us when there is proof of our concerns.

If anyone has any concerns I would suggest contacting the County Of Orange since the City Of Dana Point ignores this issue.
Veteran

Irvine, CA

#5 Aug 2, 2013
The City Of Dana Point have ignored this practice far too long. From research it seem as though this is not approved on Dana Point city streets, but request have been ignored regarding the parking situation.

Small groups of people who are tired of this have been taking video and pictures of the parking attendants receiving the vehicles and driving them to park them on the city streets. I hope that the County of Orange will look into this matter and hopefully give us an answer has to why the City Of Dana ignores us when there is proof of our concerns.

If anyone has any concerns I would suggest contacting the County Of Orange since the City Of Dana Point ignores this issue.
Docent

Laguna Beach, CA

#6 Sep 9, 2013
Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
The City Of Dana Point have ignored this practice far too long. From research it seem as though this is not on Dana Point city streets, but request have been ignored regarding the parking situation.
There must be some type of quiet exchange regarding the Chart House and the City of Dana Point. Maybe the city is ignoring the Chart House using public roads to boost their revenue, and I did say, maybe, because there maybe be a free meals envolved, choice seating...
Docent

Laguna Beach, CA

#7 Sep 9, 2013
The authority that provides insurance to the Chart House and The City Of Dana Point should be notified of allegations of the public roads being taken over by The Chart House for their charging of customers to park on the public roads.

Should the tax payers of Dana Point fund the expenses of the Chart House? Shoud the taxpayers be responsible for payment if the Chart House valet employees are involved or cause an accident on the public roads?

Are the Dana Point taxpayers repsonsible if a Chart House employee sues the City of Dana Point if he/she gets injured on the job while parking cars on public roads?

The roads in Dana Point are maintained through taxpayer funds. Why should the taxpayers maintain the public roads that are not available to them when the Chart House opens up their doors for business?
Linda

Laguna Beach, CA

#8 Sep 11, 2013
Docent wrote:
The authority that provides insurance to the Chart House and The City Of Dana Point should be notified of allegations of the public roads being taken over by The Chart House for their charging of customers to park on the public roads.
Should the tax payers of Dana Point fund the expenses of the Chart House? Shoud the taxpayers be responsible for payment if the Chart House valet employees are involved or cause an accident on the public roads?
Are the Dana Point taxpayers repsonsible if a Chart House employee sues the City of Dana Point if he/she gets injured on the job while parking cars on public roads?
The roads in Dana Point are maintained through taxpayer funds. Why should the taxpayers maintain the public roads that are not available to them when the Chart House opens up their doors for business?
You are right on with your comments!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laguna Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Irvine Music Thread (Oct '13) 4 hr Musikologist 11
Where to pay HOA/Service charge fees for Tivoli II Sep 22 Anonymous 1
Irvine Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep 22 Ivan 2
News Historic Family Carnival takes place this weekend Sep 18 mar 1
News They have gangs in south Orange County? (Dec '07) Sep 15 Oest 134
News More hammerheads, great whites off O.C. lead to... Aug '16 Patsy 2
Review: ARI Novick PHD (Feb '13) Jun '16 Edward1978 7

Laguna Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance