WTHR, WIBC-AM win awards

WTHR, WIBC-AM win awards

There are 29 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 23, 2007, titled WTHR, WIBC-AM win awards. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indianapolis TV station WTHR, South Bend TV station WSBT, Indianapolis radio station WIBC and LaGrange radio station WTHD each won awards for Outstanding News Operation from the Indiana Associated Press ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Doe

United States

#1 Apr 23, 2007
WIBC? The same radio station that this morning discussed whether a man should use the middle of three urinals when the others are being used and whether you should carry on a conversation with a man in a restroom. Were the judges the men in the bathroom? WIBC is a joke!
Desmond Hume

Milford, CT

#3 Apr 23, 2007
Gary Moody -- Franklin wrote:
I agree, JD. Isn't WIBC the local AM talk radio wingnut dittohead fruitcake outlet?
And as icing on the fruitcake: I'm Witless News wins ANOTHER award. Obviously these organizations don't look at the other crap these media perpetrate. Let's not forget the Star and their "newsgathering partner" doing those SEX SHOP ON MAIN STREET hatchet jobs last Fall. Obviously the Peabody and IAPBA judges didn't see Dave McANALly, his trench coat, and his tape measure. Nor do they view these media on a regular basis.
Just like the Society of "Professional Journalists", these groups are nothing but industry love dens with boilerplate standards that no one is expected to live up to.
Actually, as a former employee of WIBC, their news department is second to none. You're confusing syndicated programming or entertainment shows with their actual news programming. Eric Berman in particular does great work on the Statehouse beat.
Curegal78

Noblesville, IN

#4 Apr 23, 2007
Congrats to Devon. She is the bomb!! I am so proud of her!!
INDIANA POLITICAL NEWS

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Apr 23, 2007
Actually Abdul on WNXT 1430 AM does a great job covering the Indiana General Assembly sessions as well as other local issues each morning. His show seems to cover issues in more detail and gives people the chance to call in give his or her feedback on the issues in our state. Abdulís show seems to be bi-partisan on local issues. As far as WIBC news at the top of the hour, it is decent.
Stella

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Apr 23, 2007
Yea WIBC! You're the best.
Kaj

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Apr 23, 2007
congratulations, Devon!:)
Desmond Hume

Milford, CT

#8 Apr 23, 2007
INDIANA POLITICAL NEWS wrote:
Actually Abdul on WNXT 1430 AM does a great job covering the Indiana General Assembly sessions as well as other local issues each morning. His show seems to cover issues in more detail and gives people the chance to call in give his or her feedback on the issues in our state. Abdulís show seems to be bi-partisan on local issues. As far as WIBC news at the top of the hour, it is decent.
Steve Simpson is no slouch in covering the issues in a talk show format. Remember, the broadcasting award was for news departments, not talk show hosts. WXNT is decent, but WIBC is the standard bearer for radio news in the state. And with its several Marconi awards, WIBC is considered an nationally prominent station.

JTT

Since: Dec 06

United States

#9 Apr 23, 2007
I would agree that WIBC has excellent news and weather reporting. However, they have very poor sports reporting and if you want an accurate traffic report and you're driving south on 465 from the west side, you're usually out of luck. WIBC used to be one of the best stations for all 3 aspects.
Seriously

United States

#10 Apr 23, 2007
Julia Moffitt and Lyndsey Clutter are hot
Bill

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Apr 23, 2007
Station of the Year... WISH-TV!

Why is WTHR in the title of this story and not WISH??? For the undistorted results, read the award winners at the indianabroadcasters.org website:

http://www.indianabroadcasters.org/upload/200...
Lightbody

Virginia Beach, VA

#12 Apr 23, 2007
You more entries you submit, the better your chances of winning. The best station dosen't always win, just the one who pays for it.
Reality Dude

Laketon, IN

#13 Apr 23, 2007
Seriously wrote:
Julia Moffitt and Lyndsey Clutter are hot
I'll vouch for the Julia Moffitt comment. HiDef was invented specifically for her. She looks awesome.
Reality Dude

Laketon, IN

#14 Apr 23, 2007
And to quote Joey Tribeony- Debbie Knox needs to become more attractive if she wants to stay on TV. She is hard to look at.
Kevin

Fort Wayne, IN

#15 Apr 23, 2007
Besides having to listen to the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Pacer game on the Cleveland broadcast, when I was in Anderson In??? and must listen to the morning talk wimp Garrison, it a great station. Dave "the king" rocks.

“Thank you, Captain Obvious!”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis

#16 Apr 23, 2007
Bill wrote:
Station of the Year... WISH-TV!
Why is WTHR in the title of this story and not WISH??? For the undistorted results, read the award winners at the indianabroadcasters.org website:
http://www.indianabroadcasters.org/upload/200...
thanks for posting that. i've always prefered WISH over WTHR.

and are we surprised that the star botched an article??? really?
Scooter57

United States

#17 Apr 23, 2007
This may be the last award for WIBC for awhile... there's a new talk radio station in town, and for those tired of dumb blonds handing out doughnuts, rich lawyers from Hamilton County, and smart-mouth sports guys, it's a great place to tune!!!
Scooter57

United States

#18 Apr 23, 2007
If WISH-TV want's it's name up there, they need to get rid of the stupid blond weather-babe. Her cheesey smiles & nasal voice need to go. Homecomming & prom were way long ago.
Scooter57

United States

#19 Apr 23, 2007
Desmond Hume wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve Simpson is no slouch in covering the issues in a talk show format. Remember, the broadcasting award was for news departments, not talk show hosts. WXNT is decent, but WIBC is the standard bearer for radio news in the state. And with its several Marconi awards, WIBC is considered an nationally prominent station.
Steve-er is one of the best at WIBC. Dave Wilson is a gas!! As far as the rest of the station... competition is in town, and it dosen't fade out after sunset.
monkmike

Portland, TX

#20 Apr 23, 2007
You rock!
Well deserved, Devon.
Take a bow.
I am proud of you!
Julia Lover

Laketon, IN

#21 May 23, 2007
Julia Moffitt is so damn sexy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lagrange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
isaac running scared (Apr '14) Oct '17 Lol 2
sorry it was verlin isaac thag got beat (Mar '14) Oct '17 Lol 2
sex offender (Mar '08) Jul '17 homonger 14
amish buggy's horse crap (Mar '10) Jul '17 jilga 37
Kevin stephens (May '15) Jan '16 Wow 3
amish buggies (Sep '06) Oct '15 Rich 52
News Courthouse to get new security system (Feb '15) Feb '15 jordennancy23 1

Lagrange Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance